Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA MP 10pm Tonight (Wed)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

In the last game of cops and crooks, I was the only one left!

Have had a few invites since but not working. :(

Hope I get on for another game or two!

Crap.. lost connection again. Did anyone else?

EDIT: Highlight of the night so far:
    "Everyone, pick scooters!"
    "I don't think Orlandino can hear us... he's on a motorbike"
    "OK.. everyone beat him in the race!"

** race begins **

"Look at him over there... EVERYONE, GET HIMMMMM!!"

Orlandino races ahead leaving us a mile behind

Hilarious! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Anyone wanna invite me into a game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Shamo wrote: »
    Says IamFrank doesn't exist on live?

Edit - I am Frank worked

I didnt get near GTA at all tonight, but cheers for the add. I'll be online over the weekend, hopefully starting tomorrow night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Faggio race around time square, priceless.

• Advertisement

Argh, i want to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Just getting on now, my username is oretesian if anyone could invite me to a game

Was booted again... balls to this!

Gonna try and mess with my firewall settings on my router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

basquille wrote: »

Let us know if anything helps

Whats happening, im just running around LC on my own. I wanna kill some people :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

First time playing online properly tonight, was a right laugh! :D

Scooter race was hilarious!

Will have another go over the weekend

Just got a "You've been disconnected from one or more players in the game, going back to singleplayer" message; just as we were going for that dirty rotten crook! Gonna call it a night for now. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Great fun there again lads. The fagio race was brilliant. Who was the smart ass that parked a bus in the middle of that track? :D Also, the heli race was great fun. Definatly do some more over the weekend.
    basquille wrote: »
    After last nights problems, i opened some ports (use http://portforward.com/routers.htm for a step by step guide) and i had no problems whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got booted (it disconnected and froze trying to return to the single player game - even the X guide button didn't work). Had to power down. :(

Definitely more over the weekend though... great fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Got a few games (last open city game was madness) but same issues again in other games. Think it may have something to do with whos hosting...

By the way, for the port fowarding did you all set a static IP address too?

Still havin problems connecting gang. Tried that port forwarding but it didn't seem to help. Anyway I'm convinced its more of a GTA issue than a router or 360. I tried MOH there and there was no problem

Anyway, thanks for the games that we could connect to tonight, It was good fun. Look forward to doing it over the weekend again:D:D:D

How would a static IP affect anything?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Still havin problems connecting gang. Tried that port forwarding but it didn't seem to help. Anyway I'm convinced its more of a GTA issue than a router or 360. I tried MOH there and there was no problem

Anyway, thanks for the games that we could connect to tonight, It was good fun. Look forward to doing it over the weekend again:D:D:D

How would a static IP affect anything?

Yeah I'd still say it is something with the game, but seems odd that some people connect no problem with others all over the place - some of the lads seemd to have no problem getting on.

There was something about the static IP in the guide basquille posted a while back, so was just seeing if that worked for anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

was trying to accept your invites basquille but every time i accepted i kept getting the message

"You've been disconnected from one or more players in the game, going back to singleplayer"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Another great night :).

I finally learned how to use a helicopter, completing a full lap in 7 minutes when others had completed 3 laps in that time lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i didnt even complete 1 lap in the helicopter race :D

loved the scooter race & my ability to get knocked down nearly 20 times before dieing :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

Alri everyone, sorry I could speak on the headset the misses was giving out in the next room wil be on again tonight great laugh :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

nige1982 wrote: »
    Alri everyone, sorry I could speak on the headset the misses was giving out in the next room wil be on again tonight great laugh :D
    Were you Orlandino? Dirty cheater on the superbike :p I havent had any issues since i forwarded the ports, but we should make sure that whoever is hosting has the ports forwarded as well. Not sure if i'll be on tonight, as drink is calling, but definatly over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I think this is an xbl issue, maybe just the extra volume of players etc using it. It will settle down after a few weeks.

MP in the game is great craic. I tend to just try and cause mayhem. To get a decent game does mean 15 private slots and then inviting people in who then invite peeps etc etc. This can be frustrating at the moment with the current issues, but worth the bother.

I can only see the games improving, and becoming more fun. Its clear that people are not out to win, but rather just cause a riot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Kiith wrote: »
    ...Who was the smart ass that parked a bus in the middle of that track? :D

LMFAO that was me. For extra fun in races two of the racers should be given the job of causing obstructions etc. More mayhem that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Yes and also we should have a.... Helicopter Deathmatch! :D

There's plenty of people posting here to have regular games most nights.

I think this is an xbl issue, maybe just the extra volume of players etc using it. It will settle down after a few weeks.

MP in the game is great craic. I tend to just try and cause mayhem. To get a decent game does mean 15 private slots and then inviting people in who then invite peeps etc etc. This can be frustrating at the moment with the current issues, but worth the bother.

I can only see the games improving, and becoming more fun. Its clear that people are not out to win, but rather just cause a riot.

Definitely. There is no point in playing MP on this to win or be serious, because its just not fun. Causing mayhem and killin and blowing sh*t up - THAT is the fun part

I tend to just try and cause mayhem.

O RLY?! I never noticed. :pac:

Also, madrab's got some mad knock-down survial skills. Couldn't stand up to being crushed against a shop window though. :)

Won't be on for most of the weekend lads.

At my niece's christening in Kilkenny.. probably on for another few games Sunday and Monday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sadakosfury

any games?
    i feel like i'm standing on the corner of the park with my knackered football under my arm. except it's not a ball, it's a shotgun.
    tag is the same as the user name here. looking for some of that free roaming chaos action over the long weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm giving the drinking a rest tonight so should be around for a few games if my brother doesn't get on the xbox first.

Advertisement