Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Availability of Local Papers on Line

Options
  • 30-04-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Has anyone tried to access the Leitrim Observer on line lately
    The most recent edition available is months out of date
    Do you agree that this says something about our local paper
    Are they saying that the people of Leitrim are out of touch and not up to date and that they dont care
    Every other county has this facility
    Despite several emails and phone calls and promises to update the site nothing has happened
    The last owners had the current edition available on line
    Us exiles would like to keep in touch with the auld sod and surely its time our paper took that bold step into the 21st century

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Berlin_100642

Are they saying that the people of Leitrim are out of touch and not up to date and that they dont care

Are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

Hi Berlin
    Thanks for your reply/Question
    My point is once again this is the 21st Century
    The web is around 15 years
    The previous owners of our local paper had an online facility in 2001
    Current proprietors obviously have little interest in a generation who live outside the country and seek to retain their identity/culture/contacts with their friends and families.
    We live in an era of instant communication via mobile phone or internet
    Young people now use the web the same way my generation tuned in to radio Luxembourg
    Did you ever log on to our local paper
    Did you ever try to send them an email
    Did you get a reply
    Are you happy that the current edition of our paper is months out of date?
    What about potential investors who seek to set up businesses in the county
    How impressed can they be with the local organ?
    Are you happy with this perception

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Can't see why the various authors of the various stories in the paper cannot upload the information themselves. But I suppose the unions have a say in that one. God when I think about it they could pay some young lad in college a few quid on a Saturday to do it. It's p1ss poor to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

there probably making enough profit out of selling it that they don't need to put it on the internet, though i agree with you it is a shame. But to be fair, sometimes i think it isn't any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

At last the current edition of paper is up on line
    Now we have to target The Leitrim Post
    Thanks to all concerned

• Advertisement
Advertisement