Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Rack - any thoughts

Options
  • 30-04-2008 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Just spotted this on ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140228462047

It seems most of these racks are pretty similar, any recommendations from the good folk on here?
    Anyone seen or used one similar to that above?

I'm only looking to carry one MTB, so not gonna have too much weight on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I had something similar (Paddy hopkirk brand perhaps?) for years, did the job just fine. Carried 2 mountain bikes on it many kms.
    Just make sure it's all tightened up OK before using it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

I have one similar at the moment as well.
    Does the job fine.
    My only concern is that although the bike can be locked to the rack, the straps holding the rack onto the car can be cut.
    It just means that the bikes wouldn't be secure overnight attached to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

paulksnn wrote: »
    I have one similar at the moment as well.
    Does the job fine.
    My only concern is that although the bike can be locked to the rack, the straps holding the rack onto the car can be cut.
    It just means that the bikes wouldn't be secure overnight attached to the car.

thanks for the feedback guys.

Don't think I'll be leaving it overnight on the car - it will make it easier to just take it off the car & put it back in the house rather than having to pull it out of the boot & put it together first. :)
    Will also make it quicker to get out on the trails when arrive at them.

Advertisement