Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone seen this man around town?

Options
  • 30-04-2008 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

i kno der used to be a thread on characters of dublin but has anyone seen the man around 60 that walks around town and everywhere on sunny days only wearing a pair of shorts and a leather cowboy hat!!he has his dogs with him and on colder days he sometimes has a leather waistcoat to go wit the hat lol!!has anyone ever seen him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

i kno der used to be a thread on characters of dublin but has anyone seen the man around 60 that walks around town and everywhere on sunny days only wearing a pair of shorts and a leather cowboy hat!!he has his dogs with him and on colder days he sometimes has a leather waistcoat to go wit the hat lol!!has anyone ever seen him?

has he got long silver hair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭do you love it?

yeah omg he's a right character, often see him on o connell street and grafton!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Two accounts? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

He lives in Ashington, Just off the Navan road, Nice bloke, lovely tan.

does he busk on liffey st? that guy is cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Yeah, he's always around.

I'd say he's a bit of a hard f&*^er if he got in a fight, no idea why though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

dancor wrote: »
    He lives in Ashington, Just off the Navan road, Nice bloke, lovely tan.

Yep that's the guy alright. Lives down the road from my gf's house back home. Always out walkin a little dog that he gives some amount of abuse to!

As mentioned, GREAT tan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Dublin's answer to the naked cowboy, always in the Phoenix park shouting encouragement at runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Dublin's answer to the naked cowboy, always in the Phoenix park shouting encouragement at runners.

Ha ha brilliant. Someone needs to get a pic of the guy.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ha ha brilliant. Someone needs to get a pic of the guy.

If anyone can find a video of that RTE show of ''Anonymous'' that Jason Byrne hosts, the cowboy lad is in it, Slagging off Boyzone and claiming he wrote songs for Bob Dylan, Its the episode with Keith Duffy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭i_love_toast

haha ye i was wondering if anyone has ever seen him!!i live near him too!his names Isaac and he does hav long silvery hair and a great tan.he walks everywhere all around dublin people hav seen him on the beach and all he's a legend!rumour has it he used to be a famous proffessor that went crazy but sure ya know how rumours start.glad to hear people see him around the place!oh ye and he hates woman always says things to them if dey walk by haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

rumour has it he used to be a famous proffessor that went crazy

Professors don't go crazy - they already are, trust me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Seen him around dorset street a couple of times, happily shouting at passers by. Think it was something like, "the women all want to rape me" / "any women out there wanna jump on me"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

this sounds like a guy who got on the 39 at about 9:00 in the morning at a stop on the navan road a few weeks back.

for the benefit of "the working classes" on the 39 he gave an entertaining spiel covering the following

bertie , the pope , what a wise man told him , his past as an alcoholic , his wife , cliff richard ( specifically how cliff richards success was due to him buying all his own records )

he was on the 3rd verse of a song about his wife when I got off the bus at capel street.

hes some character alright..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

anyone got a photo of him

i havnt seen him before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

anyone ever see the begger dude in o connell street with the big white beard that kneels outside random locations with his hand out like oliver looking for more?

singloud wrote: »
    anyone got a photo of him

i havnt seen him before

Im working on it ;) I see him on the coldest of days wearing nothing but when the sun comes out he aint to be seen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Im working on it ;) I see him on the coldest of days wearing nothing but when the sun comes out he aint to be seen!!

I often see him hanging around the junction of grafton st and wicklow st

Rob_l wrote: »
    I often see him hanging around the junction of grafton st and wicklow st

NO NO NO!! Just spotted him on Eccles Street a min ago and went to grab my phone and just realised I left it charging in the office :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Stereophonic

First time I saw him was on a bus back from Enniskerry to Bray. I saw him last weekend beside the Breffini Inn just off the Navan Road. Mad man !

• Advertisement

think i saw him today on bolton street outside spar....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

anyone ever see the begger dude in o connell street with the big white beard that kneels outside random locations with his hand out like oliver looking for more?

Yeh i have seen him before. Id say he isnt doin too badly, his beard always seems well groomed. Probably gets a job as santa at christmas and begs in between

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

Is this the one who wears a Santa hat at christmas and looks sad?

I love the guy who sells his books near Trinity, Ingoldby?
    Ingleby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Pat Ingoldsby, a legend:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Ingoldsby
    Used to be on the TV when I was younger, I enjoy his poetry, he's as mad as a brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I found a picture of Issac.

orla wrote: »
    I found a picture of Issac.

Thats the most dressed ive ever seen him, :D

Thats the most dressed ive ever seen him, :D

Haha yeh me aswell. Seem him earlier on today wearing just shorts.

orla wrote: »
    Haha yeh me aswell. Seem him earlier on today wearing just shorts.

now thats the picture we need, you from the Ashington area?

now thats the picture we need, you from the Ashington area?

I was driving by and couldn't get my phone out in time.

Yep I live in Ashington.

• Advertisement

Just to let everyone know. Issac was found dead in his house today.

RIP Issac

Advertisement