Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Final Tickets

• 30-04-2008 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I am desperately looking into getting tickets for the CL Final as a massive Man Utd fan. I applied in March for the ticket lottery but didn’t get any & Man Utd aren’t taking any more applications for tickets.

If I was to buy a ticket in the 2nd hand market would that have any effect on my getting into the match or even Moscow. Will there be a name on the ticket or something to that effect that would stop anyone but the person who bought the ticket from getting in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Name on the ticket wouldnt be an issue getting into the ground.

May be though with getting a Visa.

this thread will probably get moved by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Have Man Utd made the final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

tomred1 wrote: »

:confused: What?! Last night. 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

No, not yet, They're into the first round proper now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If you've no euro away credits you'll have trouble getting them off United fans with spares, who will want to try and reward their own supporters who went to aways, even if the club didn't.

If you want to get tickets, you could try buy and sell. Sometimes people sell them there for relatively legitimate prices, but you'd want to get in instnatly the second it goes on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

With the hassle of getting a visa I’d imagine that i will need to get a ticket soon because they're saying "no ticket, no visa". :(

Can they stop you from getting a visa if you want one? Could I not be just visiting Moscow? Looking at flying to Riga and getting a train to Moscow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

good one:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's a reason behind the ticket section on boards.ie as far as I know.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Would i be right in thinking that there will be more Final tickets available second hand now that liverpool are out, or is that just wishfull thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd say a lot of United and Liverpool fans from Ireland applied, however I'd imagine they'll be going for more than cost. Buy and sell is the best option, but you want to get the thing literally first thing, offer him cash instantly and get the tickets off him within like 2 hours, because the prices will go up exponentially.

• Advertisement
Advertisement