Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Price - Overcharged?

• 30-04-2008 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Rang tesco customer service as i was charged 59.99 for the game at one of their 24 hour stores in Limerick shortly after midnite.
    She said i was overcharged and should of only paid 39.99.
    She asked if i still had receipt.
    She's going to get back to me about it and got my contact details.

Their number is 1800 248123 and option 4 for anyone else.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Good stuff. Well done for pursuing the matter.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

PS3 or Xbox 360?? I'm still confused over this as well. I paid 60 quid for the Xbox 360 version, but heard the next day that it was being sold for 40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Jammy you - do they not have a policy that if you are over charged you get the item for free? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

are tesco selling the ps3 version for 40 quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Garret C

jackncoke wrote: »
    Rang tesco customer service as i was charged 59.99 for the game at one of their 24 hour stores in Limerick shortly after midnite.
    She said i was overcharged and should of only paid 39.99.
    She asked if i still had receipt.
    She's going to get back to me about it and got my contact details.

Their number is 1800 248123 and option 4 for anyone else.

Good stuff, I was also charged 59.99 (for ps3 version) but read that other people only paid 39.99. Let me know how you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Going into Connagh tesco limerick today to complain, I'll let you know how i got on at about 6

EDIT: was it just tesco limerick who got overcharged, seems strange that the 3 peopl on this thread saying it happened to them got it in limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Going into Connagh tesco limerick today to complain, I'll let you know how i got on at about 6

Bought it there yesterday for 39.95 I think, strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Cheers OP.

I shelled out €59.99 at 2am in Dundrum.
    Still have the receipt, I shall pursue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I bought it in coonagh just after 12.Told the customer service lady this and she said,well first thing is,you shouldnt of been sold it till 2am and thats why you were overcharged.I think i may go in this evening and ask for it for free,could be good news,cause i bought one for my mate aswell :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Was it just PS3 versions that got this price cut??? If it was 360 as well I'll definitely be paying a visit to them tonight..

• Advertisement

well,she never asked what format i bought it on so who knows

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055284163

I got my €20 back in limerick today.

As for the free... Tesco have a no quible policy that if the item "scans at the till" more expensive than "the price on the shelf" you get the item free. If you bought in Connagh the same time as me there was no price on the shelf so this doesnt apply. TBH i'm happy to let them have €40 for GTA , they are over €15 cheaper than any other shop so im not going to try get them out of there money, even if it is insignificant to them. Fair is Fair

great news..was there any hassle getting back?
    im here in work for a few more mins.

Very little. Woman at customer service just rang the hardware manager after i explained the story and it was grand.

Thought i might have a bit of bother as my GF paid for with her laser and the were looking to refund that, after i said she was in athlone they gave me the cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Has anyone else had success with this? Same happened to me and a friend so we might check it out later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'll be going to the Tesco in Ardkeen Waterford to see what they say.

EDIT: was it just tesco limerick who got overcharged, seems strange that the 3 peopl on this thread saying it happened to them got it in limerick

Went into the same Tesco yesterday evening,customer service desk was closed but i eventually got some bloke to help me.
    He didnt have a clue what i was talking about and he said he'd take my name and a manager would ring me this morning.
    No phone call.
    Gonna head over there now,why?cause i can :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Went into the same Tesco yesterday evening,customer service desk was closed but i eventually got some bloke to help me.
    He didnt have a clue what i was talking about and he said he'd take my name and a manager would ring me this morning.
    No phone call.
    Gonna head over there now,why?cause i can :D

Let us know how it goes.

Hey dez, i already got refunded!

look at the first page!

Hey dez, i already got refunded!

look at the first page!

well,they must like the look of you.
    im just back,apparently my receipt wasnt good enough because it only said PS3 Software and Xbox software on it.
    so,i gotta go back in tomoro (with both games ) and then they'll refund me the 40 quid.now,i just gotta get the game of my mate :D

• Advertisement

I did bring in the game with me, sorry should have mentioned it, didnt know it made a diffrence.

I did bring in the game with me, sorry should have mentioned it, didnt know it made a diffrence.

it must,cause well,,,people could chance their arm by buying a different game and then coming back in with the receipt and try to get 20 quid back i guess.

but how in hell,will i get the game of me mate?he's not too pushed about the 20 while i am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

it must,cause well,,,people could chance their arm by buying a different game and then coming back in with the receipt and try to get 20 quid back i guess.

but how in hell,will i get the game of me mate?he's not too pushed about the 20 while i am

Easy... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55819178 :D

ah,i havent done that mission yet as ive been working 12 hour shifts...cheers for that :mad:

Advertisement