Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Binmen collecting rubbish during traffic hours.

Options
  • 30-04-2008 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I find it most frustrating when these men do their rounds and hold up traffic when people are trying to or from work. Some of these guys often start their shift very early in the morning and try to finish as early as possible so that they can get the afternoon off. I think these companies should be penalized if they are found holding up traffic during rush hour. In the States and most of Europe they must be finished before dawn.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

I find it most frustrating when these men do their rounds and hold up traffic when people are trying to or from work. Some of these guys often start their shift very early in the morning and try to finish as early as possible so that they can get the afternoon off. I think these companies should be penalized if they are found holding up traffic during rush hour. In the States and most of Europe they must be finished before dawn.

I used to get stuck behind a rubbish truck once a week driving to my buddies place in Boston last summer to go to work, that was about 7.45am so not exactly dawn. I realized I just needed to leave 5 mins earlier or later every Thursday!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

If they were going any earlier you'd be complaining about them waking you up early!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Not a problem where I live - the binmen come at flipping 3 O'Clock in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Christ almighty. Honestly now....is there nothing more pressing in your life that you have to clog the forum up with this rubbish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

EnterNow wrote: »
    Christ almighty. Honestly now....is there nothing more pressing in your life that you have to clog the forum up with this rubbish?

No pun intended of course!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Might as well stop the Milkmen, Breadmen, Builders & early morning workers from doing there work so :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

jackncoke wrote: »
    If they were going any earlier you'd be complaining about them waking you up early!

+1

I've seen plently of threads on boards complaining about binmen collecting around dawn.
    So now you see them in some areas maybe two hours later and people still complain.

You can't keep everyone happy!

Maybe if they collected after 10am it'd affect less traffic but they have areas to cover and schedules to keep. More important then delaying a motorist by at most a few minutes.
    Leave 10 minutes early on bin day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

My biggest problem with binmen is that they abandon the bin once empty, just push it in the general direction from where they picked it up. Then you come home and find it blocking your driveway.

Advertisement