Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reasonable CD decks?

• 30-04-2008 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Anyone suggest a reasonably priced pair of CD decks??

I have a decent mixer, amp, and speakers but ideally I would like one of those boxes comprising the two CD decks and a mixer. Only looking for something basic, and does NOT have to be new!

Any replies appreciated...

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I recommend Pioneer CDJ-800 Mk2's

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭2-ShortDa5foot5

Zascar wrote: »
    I recommend Pioneer CDJ-800 Mk2's

Cost close to a grand each... no?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

€677 each, and as you said you might buys second hand, so you might get them for under €500

How much did you intend spending? DJ'ing is an expensive hobby - my advise it to wait a little longer and save your money to buy something decent. If you buy cheap crap you'll regret it later.

Unless anyone else can recommend other budget decks that do the job?

€677 each, and as you said you might buys second hand, so you might get them for under €500

How much did you intend spending? DJ'ing is an expensive hobby - my advise it to wait a little longer and save your money to buy something decent. If you buy cheap crap you'll regret it later.

Unless anyone else can recommend other budget decks that do the job?

Dats great but I won't exactly be enterin da DMC competition of playin out in Ibiza just yet! Lokin for somethin basic to start off. I know CDJ's are industry standard but bit 2 early to be splashin out on them really! :confused:

Tell us more about exactly what you want them for etc and we'll try to advise the best thing for you.

Have you considered going digital?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you can possibly afford CDJs there is no point wasting money on something else when you'll eventually be using CDJs anyway.

I've never found any of the CDJ-alikes worth using, and the 'controller'/'deck' seperates are horrendously hard to learn on - CDJs are actually easier to use.

Exactly

Believe me in all the things I bought in past years, I wish I had just saved my money and got somehting decent in the first place. I ended up spending more money overall, and they are not as nice to use, and harder to get used to, on the low end stuff

Tell us more about exactly what you want them for etc and we'll try to advise the best thing for you.

Have you considered going digital?

Basically jus learning to beatmatch with CDs. I have a set of decks but my CD collection has taken too much time and money to build up, I can't possibly afford to buy everything on vinyl! Digital as in mixing on a laptop?

Digital as in instead of getting two decks and a mixer, get a Controller like the Xponent (see other thread) or if you already have some vinyl decks, get a DVS (Digital Vinyl System) like Torq Connective, Tracktor Scratch, or Serato Scratch etc

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭djdeclan

Have you considered a 19" rack mounted unit like the Denon DN-D4500?
    Reasonably priced (from what i can remember) has all the basic functions you need and will take years of abuse.
    Remember lads its not that long since denons were the industry standard... most small venues still have them as the house system.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Still have a set of them here, they're perfectly suitable for commercial DJing but not for serious mixing, which is what I think most of the repliers here thought was wanted, although maybe the OP doesn't...

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Don't know if it's too late but had a go on the CDJ400s and think they're pretty good. My mate has gotten to of them as he's starting off DJing and they're pretty nimble yokes and personally find that they seem better than the CDJ800s anyway.

Also has a USB input so you can just stick in your memory key and away ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

You should have a look on http://www.aquariussound.ie/ or http://www.bebo.com/AquariusDJ/
    They normally have good packages for beginners that will have 2 cd decks and a mixer. Just had a look on their bebo page and they've a package that's €499. Not professional equipment but great if you just wanna learn how to mix...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Personally, I like to shop at http://www.thomann.de I've never had a problem with them. Usually quiet snappy at replying to your emails. Think the longest I've ever waited has been 15/20 minutes.

Best thing I find about them is that they offer a 3 year warranty on all the products.

Oh and their prices are usually better than most other places I've checked. Not sure what returning something would be like considering they're based in Germany but I'm sure that's somewhere on their site.

Advertisement