Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nitro fuel - Limerick / Tralee

Options
  • 30-04-2008 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am going to be down south for the next few days and might pick up some Nitro.

Anybody know any places?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Are you going as far as Cork? If so give Noel Barret a call.
    If not
    I think there is a shop in Ennis
    >> THIS ONE <<
    If not, then they may be able to advise you of where to go :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bonisio

John Mulcahy lawn and garden machinery in Newcastle West stocks Merlin fuel - http://www.johnmulcahy.com/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Actually didn't get the chance to look for anywhere. Coolwings: Are you still planning to come over this direction?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Yep. Will send PM later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 superflyguy321

Optifuel is finally available in Ireland. I got mine today and the great thing is you get a litre more than other brands for near the same price. I will let you know when I get to use it but I believe its good stuff:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Hi Superfly, You were quick to get your fuel, I am involved in bringing OPTIfuel into the crountry and we only got our first shippment end of last week. Best of luck with it, Its good stuff and with a bottle thats bigger than any other gallon, its good value to.

What's special about optifuel?

Uses fully synthetic oil and the bottle is cheaper and bigger than anything else that I know off in Ireland. Try it out for yourself....

syl77 wrote: »
    Uses fully synthetic oil and the bottle is cheaper and bigger than anything else that I know off in Ireland. Try it out for yourself....

How much for a gallon of 16% shipped to Mayo?

Hi Sly. I got mine from a friend who bought a van in the UK and brought back a case for me to try. I am aware that it is Ireland now but could not wait, I will be buying it from you guys soon. I will keep my eyes on the Optifuel website for news and updates. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know why my cen magnum wont engage second gear. I believe there is a tension spring that needs to be adjusted. Any help would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 FrankieD

Hi all

where is the best place to get 16- 20% nitro fuel in dublin. Have been buying from kart city but only ever seem to have litres and very expensive compared to UK.

Cheers
    Paul

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

You can go to www.greenhobbymodel.com for nitro model fuel.

coolwings wrote: »
    You can go to www.greenhobbymodel.com for nitro model fuel.

Beat me to it :D

Hi FrankieD. Optifuel is now availble depends where your situated. I tried mine on Sunday and like it, its smooth running.

Those add to cart links aren't working for me on discount toys.

When I click the link it get's me to the paypal login page. When I login then it just brings me to my own paypal account. No checkout process!

Those add to cart links aren't working for me on discount toys.

When I click the link it get's me to the login page. When I login then it just brings me to my own account. No checkout process!

Hi Workaccount, PM me where you are in Mayo and will try see about gettting it to you....
    We have guys in the east, south and west of the country that can possibly get it around if there are issues getting it from a shop.

In the coming month or so, we will also be to arranging a funfly to promote the fuel where we will help tune (if needed) your engine and supply a free tank (or two) to see if you like it. Will post details when its orgainized.

I see what your saying about buying it online. I guess its collection only. Happy Flying!!! Does anyone know why my Cen Magnum wont change to second gear please?

I see what your saying about buying it online. I guess its collection only. Happy Flying!!! Does anyone know why my Cen Magnum wont change to second gear please?

Maybe start a new thread about the Cen and include more information.

Is it tuned properly ?
    If not, Then the engine may not be reaching optimum rev range to engage second gear.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

I had the same problem with the cen fun factor st2 i had the set screw screwed in way to far, but if you are going to start messing aroud make sure to use a bit of thread lock because they do go flyin out and are next to impossible to find (better chance of winning the lotto:D) hope this helps!!

Thanks 4 your advise. I tried adjusting that screw but had no luck so I will just take it apart till something looks me in the eye and says I AM THE PROBLEM. Pain in the A these nitro buggies.

Thanks 4 your advise. I tried adjusting that screw but had no luck so I will just take it apart till something looks me in the eye and says I AM THE PROBLEM. Pain in the A these nitro buggies.

Maybe you missed my question above?
    Is it tuned properly?
    If the engine does not hit the proper rev range then it simply will not change into second . ;)

Yeah I have fiddled with the screw this way that way but it still wont change gear. Thanks anyway for your help I will keep trying.

Yeah I have fiddled with the screw this way that way but it still wont change gear. Thanks anyway for your help I will keep trying.

Where are you based ?

I am in Naas

I am in Naas

Head over to Navan nitro Nuts some day for a run on their track.
    The guys there are pro's with the Cen models.
    They would gladly get you up and running and you could also enjoy a bit of racing with them :cool:

Now that I would love and will do some day, when is it on and where abouts is it apx.

Now that I would love and will do some day, when is it on and where abouts is it apx.

Head on over to their >> FORUM and get in touch with them :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement