Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Framing Animation Cel?

Options
  • 30-04-2008 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭

Folks, anyone know any place that frames animation cels in Dublin? I have had sketches and drawings framed before but this is an actual animation cel and seperate background (From Batman: The Animated Series). From reading up about the recommended process it seems that they should be installed as seperate, non-touching layers in a frame. I'm going to put this into the arts and crafts section too but I just thought my fellow nerds might have some inside info. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

any decent framer should be able to frame it. I've had a couple of cells framed by my local framer in kilkenny - just bring the cell in and say you want standard archival framing. Batman is pretty recent so you should be ok - its only with really old animation cells you need to be careful as they tend to go slightly wavy and paint chips off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭alnolan

Baggot Framing, off the southern end of Baggot Street past the hospital are very good and very helpful. They've framed a couple of pieces of original comic art for me, and can take detailed instruction!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Thanks for the info folks. Should be getting my cel next week so will get it done then.

Advertisement