Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Mods

Options
  • 30-04-2008 7:45pm

I doubt they get the credit they deserve. Thankless job comes to mind in fact, but Ste05 and 5Starpool did an excellent job modding the recent poker forum controversies and deserve a thank you from everyone concerned.

That whole mess could have been far worse than it was and it was their interventions at the right times that kept it somewhat civil. Depsite the best efforts of some people to start a linch mob they kept it rational and I think saved that forums soul in many respects.

Cheers lads.

Keith.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Nice to see positive feedback for a change.

Im sure the poker mods will appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Indeed, nice to see.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Thanks for the appreciation Kieth. When I saw this thread, I thought "fúck, how did we annoy him?".

I think the poker forum is different from the other busy forums on boards in that I regularly meet an awful lot of the regular posters when playing. It can be quite difficult to be impartial at times, but I think people know when they are getting out of line and a quick word usually sorts it out despite the many blowups there over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Fair play. It seems moderating here in general is pretty thankless, but it's nice to see some appreciation once in a while. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

5starpool wrote: »
    Thanks for the appreciation Kieth. When I saw this thread, I thought "fúck, how did we annoy him?".
    Ditto, when 5star pool PM'ed me saying just "I think you should look at this Feedback thread" I also thought FFS, what did I do now... :rolleyes:

Made a really nice change... :) Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

the poker forum is full of naked men with boners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I'm not a user of the poker forum but it's Nice to see mods being appreciated for their good work. I know they receive lots of criticism for their bad points, but they put their best in and thats what keeps this place ticking.
    Great job mods.
    Fair play. It seems moderating here in general is pretty thankless, but it's nice to see some appreciation once in a while. ;)
    Oh, look... Now Hungus wants in on the action... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Sangre wrote: »
    back in my day we called it texas hold 'em erections.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I wont ask how you know that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

... and people who secretly photograph them.

cough Sangre cough

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

5starpool wrote: »

I think the poker forum is different from the other busy forums on boards in that I regularly meet an awful lot of the regular posters when playing. It can be quite difficult to be impartial at times, but I think people know when they are getting out of line and a quick word usually sorts it out despite the many blowups there over the years.
    Ste05 wrote: »
    Ditto, when 5star pool PM'ed me saying just "I think you should look at this Feedback thread" I also thought FFS, what did I do now... :rolleyes:

Made a really nice change... :) Much appreciated.

So which one of ye created the jayroo account? :p

It's nice to see a bit of positive feedback about the moderation here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Yeah in fairness to the lads they did an excellent job of keeping things civil in there recently and have certainly proven themselves to be able to make impartial moderation decisions, along with being able to contribute their opinion knowing that in doing so, they're leaving the moderation to the other mod.

Good job lads keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Ste and 5star are a pair of knobjockeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

lafortezza wrote: »
    Ban please... :p

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

lafortezza wrote: »

Again, an excellent point well made. You have given me something to think about.

Advertisement