Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing other work then hired for

Options
  • 30-04-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Help

I have several probs first all is my manager she does nothing gives me all the work. I have to do all her reports. She never backs me up with other mgrs. Now I am taking on other roles. cleaning , sewing. asnwering receptionsist phones.serving customers

I am hr admin/???? . Feel like I have no support from her.

Also ask for a pay rise and told no. I have 7 years admin experience and only on €20000 a year dont know what to do...

Should I leave and look for something better I love the work I do but feel like I am being used and not given the support from my manager.

Dont know what to do..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

RachealB wrote: »
    I have 7 years admin experience and only on €20000 a year dont know what to do... Dont know what to do..

This is a no brainer.

LEAVE!!

You are being treated like ****e, and you are being paid an embarrassingly low wage for the amount of experience you have.

Seriously, you'll walk into another admin job. Get out of there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭AlexBM

Yep, get out of there. 7 years experience on you're on 20K? That's a joke. You're worth a lot more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

7 years working in any company in any job should get you more than 20k. If the company does not show you loyalty you should not show them loyalty. You were good to ask for a raise before leaving but now they have had there chance so you should look into alternative employment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Sewing...? Seriously, leave. That's horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

thats not right... at least if you were getting 50k a year, we'd tell you to go back to your hut, and take the pain, but for 20k, you might as well become a slave trader in china.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Why on earth would you sign up for a job of 20k with 7 years experience?

Advertisement