Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travelling mate required!

• 30-04-2008 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi. I'm planning on going travelling to Australia via asia early in the new year - mid January to be specific. At this moment in time I am going alone, for various reason - work, relationships etc none of my mates are interested in coming it me at this time

I'm a 23 year old guy (will be 24 by the time I leave), I'm pretty normal, I don't have any weird hang-ups or issues, I just don't really fancy going travelling alone. I'm looking for someone in the same situation who would be interested in hooking up and just heading off and having the craic. I don't want somebody who worries all the time or anything, I just want someone to travel with that is cool and goes with the flow - that's not to say I'm completely irresponsible or anything!

I'm looking at travelling to Thailand and staying there for a few weeks and then heading on down through asia and then oz. I was wondering if there is anyone on here interested in coming along. I'm looking for someone my own age - or around my age - ideally I'm looking to travel with a guy - no offense girls - I just think I would get on better with a guy.

Now I understand that travelling can be stressful and stuff so I'm not expecting someone to hold my hand - I'm pretty good at taking care of myself - and I'm looking for someone who can look after themselves aswell.

I really just want someone who is up for a laugh and willing to just go with the flow, meet new people, do new things and explore the world.

If you think that's you let me know. Or if you think you know someone that would be interested let me know. It's probably better to private message me.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Im a girl! Pity tho looking for a travellin buddy myself! Same craic friends all to settled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

hay mate, i was in a similar situation to urself, iv decided to go it alone as i couldnt find a mate who wanted to travel, so im going to go on a tour of south africa with usit. that way ill at least be with a gang, half of which will hopefully be in a similar position to myself.
    from there im heading to oz for a month, and then returning back home.hopefully by then ill know if traveling it alone(ish) is for me or not.maybe you could try a tour or something and see how u feel about traveling then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

There's a section on Lonely planets forum for solo travellers. You might find other people heading the same direction...
    http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

thinking of headin away for the winter , dec-april to aussie or NZ. more than likely going solo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

The only time you will be alone is on the flight to Thailand and maybe the flight to Oz. You will meet loads of people once you arrive in Thailand and Oz. Some will be travelling in groups some will will be alone, but everyone will be open about meeting new people, letting them travel along with them, or living with them.

Just one thing though when in Oz stay in a hostel for the first while and you will meet people. In Thailand depending on where you go there are certain "backpacker locations" that will be filled with people in the same position as you doing the same thing as you.

Dont worry about it, and to be honest agreeing to travel with someone else that you dont know could be worse as you may feel "stuck" with them, when you are meeting people abroad you can keep it loose and casual that way not getting stuck with them if you dont like them or if you have different ideas of what you want to do.

Good luck and enjoy the trip...

• Advertisement
Advertisement