Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAT Problems

Options
  • 30-04-2008 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

My NAT setting shows up as strict on the XBox and I'm unable to party up most of the time playing halo.

I have configured port forwarding on my router for port 3074 for UDP and TCPIP and port 88 for UDP.

There doesn't seem to be any DMZ option anywhere on my router's setup menu. I'm using a Conceptronics CS4BRS4 router and I'm on BT Broadband. (The service is always excellent btw)

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

tcp/udp on both ports you mentioned. Enable UPNP and set your xbox to static ip. Theres a guide floating about in the console forum afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 yoji101

On the Eircom box you have to set the firewall setting to low before you lose the NAT message on Halo.

You should have a look at your routers set up to see if there is a similar option.

I set up port forwarding and static IP's on everything and did the above and it fixed my issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Buy a Dlink 2640B adsl2+ router for €45 your life will be so much easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Acidman421

Ok, so I'm REALLY hoping someone can help me out with this...

I've just recently moved and had to switch from a flawless wired network to problematic wireless. As a result, I had to get rid of my LinkSys router and buy: Belkin Wireless Router, Pelican Xbox 360 Wireless Bridge Adapter...

Yes, I've heard how much the Pelicans sucks... yes I know many people cannot get them working... so it's possible this is the problem, though I don't think so... here's why...

My XBox360 connects fine to the internet. It connects fine to my PC. I can get on to XBox Live, I can download demos, I can play matches online. If the Pelican wasn't working, I don't believe I'd be able to get online with the XBox at all...

The problem comes when I try to party-up with friends on Halo....

My Belkin router has Upnp enabled. I even setup the router to accept the ports XBox recommends (88, 3074). The XBox network test says my NAT is open. However, I still cannot party-up with friends on Halo, and for some reason Halo still says my NAT is NOT open.

What would cause the discrepancy? If my Upnp is enabled, if my XBox network test says the NAT is open, why would Halo say it's not? And why can I still not party-up with my friends on Halo????

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Advertisement