Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dad wants a PC for gaming

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ah, you toned it down a bit, that's good...the GX2x2 was impressive but so unnecessary! You've got everything there, not to mention that it's being prebuilt going by that by Hardwareversand for you. The only other thing that you might 'need' is cable ties/cable wraps to tidy things up in your case, but by no means essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

no no... that was just an example of the number of parts that i'de be ordering, he's still gonna get the 2 GX2's I just wanted to know if I ordered the usual number of parts like in that pic would that be enough for someone else to build it, there aren't any other things I need? My dad wants to give this guy we know the work of putting it together but I wanna make sure he'll have all the right stuff if I order the above from hardwareversand.

EDIT: read the rest of your post, ok that's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

no no... that was just an example of the number of parts that i'de be ordering, he's still gonna get the 2 GX2's

woo!

It seems there is much anticipation for my dad's 2 GX2s lol... I would have thought among you techheads that there'd be someone packing that kind of heat already! I'm sitting here on me inspiron 9300 barely being able to power team fortress 2 on lowest settings and me da will be able to power a small city in a couple of weeks :(

Hey guys, slight problem with the build of this thing. We got the 2x GX2's and 4 GB RAM but with windows xp on it it only recognizes 2 of the 4 GBs of RAM? Is there any solution to this other than getting vista?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hey guys, slight problem with the build of this thing. We got the 2x GX2's and 4 GB RAM but with windows xp on it it only recognizes 2 of the 4 GBs of RAM? Is there any solution to this other than getting vista?
    You have to use a 64bit os to be able to use the 4GBs. You could use xp pro 64 bit but that's meant to have rubbish driver support. Vista 64bit would be the best way to go.

Ah right thanks, stupid mistake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Using 64bit Vista here with absolutely no issues or compatibility probs. Had for the first while but not anymore. Seems we're ready for the move to 64bit.

Advertisement