Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yaris Problem

Options
  • 30-04-2008 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I am looking to buy a Yaris i came across one today but the Speedo doesnt work, it displays 0km a hours and the l/km and avg mile/hr isent working either, has anyone come across this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why bother looking at one with a problem. Theres loads out there.

A new speedo will be a few hundred to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 emzontheweb

Because its a 01 for 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Because its a 01 for 4k.

Buy cheap, buy twice

My Mech checked it out he said its great value but must find out about the speedo, just wondering did anyone have any idea's

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Because its a 01 for 4k.

Considering it'll probably cost €500 or more to get a new Speedo fitted in a garage and you'll have a car with no mileage that very few people will want to touch if you want to sell theres a fair few that could be had for similar or less with some haggling.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&sortby=PriceAsc&maxrows=50&MakeID=31&ModelID=276&Year_Min=2001&Year_Max=2001&GroupID=738

Incidentally do you know what mileage it has on it? and is there any proof to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I am looking to buy a Yaris i came across one today but the Speedo doesnt work, it displays 0km a hours and the l/km and avg mile/hr isent working either, has anyone come across this problem?

What did the seller have to say about the problem?

Yeah there is a service history with it.The mileage is showing 58k miles on it.
    Stekelly wrote: »
    Considering it'll probably cost €500 or more to get a new Speedo fitted in a garage and you'll have a car with no mileage that very few people will want to touch if you want to sell theres a fair few that could be had for similar or less with some haggling.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&sortby=PriceAsc&maxrows=50&MakeID=31&ModelID=276&Year_Min=2001&Year_Max=2001&GroupID=738

Incidentally do you know what mileage it has on it? and is there any proof to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

surely the odometer isn't going up either. you can't be sure of the mileage. could be a speed sensor or something simple. I wouldn't bother with it, I can't see why the seller doesn't fix it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

The Speedo in Yaris' are Digital gonna cost a few bob to get it fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the speedos in most cars in the last 10 years are electronic. the Yaris just uses a digital readout. there's nothing to say that the display unit itself is at fault. any speedometer can be costly to repair or replace, the Yaris is nothing out of the ordinary in this respect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement