Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Franchise

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ToolFool

Rob C wrote: »
    I wonder would Maxwells take up a Merc/Audi Franchise?

That worked very well for Annesley Williams in the past. Or like Newgate in Navan, Land Rover/Range Rover and Merc.

The article states that all warranties etc will be honoured. If Maxwells enter the "Premium Used car market" like a Lamb and O'Connor maybe, I'm sure they would have a BMW service available.

Shame to hear Capital Cars are leaving the Franchise as well, they are a great dealer..

No doubt about it, BMW must be putting major heat on these guys now...

I doubt it. Grange Motors is about 5 minutes down the road (not that far really, but it's South Dublin Traffic), and they've got Audi, Merc and VW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

R.O.R wrote: »
    since Eileen in sales left that place went right down hill.

Ah Eileen, I always liked her a lot, bought a couple of cars out of Maxwells. When she left she was in corporate sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Judging by their increasing amount of Audi and Volkswagen stock, I am led to believe that Maxwell Motors Blackrock have taken on the franchise. Could anybody confirm this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

More likely that they're importing and selling as a non-franchised dealer.

I'd find it highly unlikely that they'd be appointed Audi/VW when there's already a couple of dealers around already. Also, if you look at the recent Cork situation, it seems Audi will advertise the position of dealer before appointing anyone.

My 2c.

AudiChris wrote: »
    More likely that they're importing and selling as a non-franchised dealer.

I'd find it highly unlikely that they'd be appointed Audi/VW when there's already a couple of dealers around already. Also, if you look at the recent Cork situation, it seems Audi will advertise the position of dealer before appointing anyone.

My 2c.

They have a load of brand new models such as the Passat CC, with only demo mileage on them. They have in total thirteen '09 registered Volkswagen's and two '09 registered A4's. I wouldn't say they're second-hand imports to be honest.

• Advertisement

You can import new cars as well if you want... :p

You can import new cars as well if you want... :p

OK fine, believe what you want.

Ditto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I talked to them shortly after they gave back the BMW franchise and the story then was that they were not going for another franchise but would be selling prestige cars (your guess is as good as mine) from all manufacturers. They expected to still sell a lot of BMW.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I won't close this one but please refrain from resurrecting old threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Also, if you look at the recent Cork situation, it seems Audi will advertise the position of dealer before appointing anyone.

Kevin O leary in Cork are now Audi dealers. Ironic as they just lost Bmw.

http://www.kevinoleary.ie/

Absolutely, the position was advertised in the national press (by KPMG iirc) and then a few weeks later KO'Ls and Audi Ireland were in the papers and trade mags shaking hands and wishing the best for the future.

This hasn't happened for Maxwell's, and it's (one of) the reason(s) that I don't believe the assertion that Maxwell Motors has won the Audi/VW franchise.

If I'm right about Maxwell's, I'd say Audi Ireland must be poaching all those BMW dealers that didn't have their contracts renewed.
    Absolutely, the position was advertised in the national press (by KPMG iirc) and then a few weeks later KO'Ls and Audi Ireland were in the papers and trade mags shaking hands and wishing the best for the future.

This hasn't happened for Maxwell's, and it's (one of) the reason(s) that I don't believe the assertion that Maxwell Motors has won the Audi/VW franchise.

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&BusinessID=384&MakeID=32&xMakeID=32&ModelID=&xModelID=&xYear=

This is Maxwell's stock of VW's that I have linked above. The fact that they are all so new with only around 1500 km on the clock has to indicate something.

They also have two '09 Audi A4's which appear to be brand new judging by the double figure mileage: http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&BusinessID=384&MakeID=2&xMakeID=2&ModelID=&xModelID=&xYear=

VolvoMan wrote: »
    They also have two '09 Audi A4's which appear to be brand new judging by the double figure mileage: http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&BusinessID=384&MakeID=2&xMakeID=2&ModelID=&xModelID=&xYear=

Why do both of these cars have 3 year warranties (standard in the UK, but not available in Ireland)?

AFAIK (and I'm pretty well informed), Maxwell's haven't been appointed as a VW/Audi dealer. What do I have to do to stop this conversation?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Why do both of these cars have 3 year warranties (standard in the UK, but not available in Ireland)?

AFAIK (and I'm pretty well informed), Maxwell's haven't been appointed as a VW/Audi dealer. What do I have to do to stop this conversation?

agreed, looks like they are doing a rathdown and trying to make a profit on imports. No point in them importing BMWs as it will make their own stock look overpriced so they start with audi and vw. Also lack of pics could imply they aren't in the country yet. We'll know for sure as soon as they post some interior pics of clusters.

Well you couldn't blame somebody for thinking it, could you? No need to be an ass about it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Well you couldn't blame somebody for thinking it, could you? No need to be an ass about it.:rolleyes:

no need to get insulting either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Please stop believing you have to be right. AudiChris is right on this one - trust me. Audi have 3 south Dublin dealers and have no need for a further dealer on the southside. They recently advertised for a north dublin dealer however. Another reason i believe this is false is it appears audi are moving away from dual vw/audi sites to stand alone sites.

Apologies for "being an ass", I was getting exasperated. I'm working in sales in an Audi garage in Dublin, and I've heard nothing about this other than the rumours that went around months ago when Maxwell's originally gave up the BMW franchise.

I don't blame you for thinking it, it's a valid observation, but to the best of my knowledge it's an observation, and nothing more.

Advertisement