Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL Final: United -v- Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

chdpoker wrote: »
    Cop on.

Would you all be full of praise for the opposition if you went 120 minutes in a CL final (The biggest match of the season) then lost it on penaltys when you could and should have won it?
    I dont think so, i wouldnt, easy for me to say as a Chelsea fan but i cant see how anyone would be.

Why should I cop on? Chelsea are an awful team (not ability wise) who lack serious team spirit and class.

Terry is a professional footballer who would have been told over and over like every pro footballer that the cameras are always on you, even more so when something happens between players. That is why you cover your mouth so you can not get into trouble, and he also PURPOSELY blew snot on TEVEZ by slyly moving his jersey at the last second. That in my opinion makes him a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

cheesedude wrote: »
    Why should I cop on? Chelsea are an awful team (not ability wise) who lack serious team spirit and class.

Terry is a professional footballer who would have been told over and over like every pro footballer that the cameras are always on you, even more so when something happens between players. That is why you cover your mouth so you can not get into trouble, and he also PURPOSELY blew snot on TEVEZ by slyly moving his jersey at the last second. That in my opinion makes him a scumbag.

If you can avert your eves from Terrys chizzeled mans man good looks and Tevez's weird diseased neck you might see that right in between them is the referee who would have done more than give Tevez a yellow if what your saying transpired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Maybe they congratulated the sh1t out of them off camera.

Please try to enjoy the result without being a bad winner. Seriously, what do you need to be satisfied, that your club win and the opponents, defeated, are also hung drawn and quartered. If you can't take victory with grace, you must be a real delight when you lose.

Ok these are the posts I have made regarding the "incidents" no "incidents"
    OK in fairness you took his quote out of context.

If he has just wrote “Terry is a scumbag” then yes bannable, but he didn't he wrote agreeing with a poster that Chelsea are classless for apparently not congratulating United on the win (which neither Grant nor Lampard done) and that Terry is a scumbag for that. Also for apparently spitting on Tevez.
    d

Defending the other post may have been wrong as he didn't quote a Terry reference. But I though it would have been clear which incident it was about, but youright the poster should have stated that. Secondly check the bold i said apparently twice.
    Well the video certainly suggests he did.

A quick shake of the captains hand while you walked past him to get there runners up medals would have sufficed they didn't even recognise the Man U players at all. Two of them were interviewed (Lampard and Grant) and not one of them said as much as fair play to them, not even fair play they took there chance, nothing.

I think it would have been fair for either won of them in the interview to go fair play to us they took there chance but we think we deserved it.

I cant see how I am asking for anyone to hung drawn and quartered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

As I explained before 20 meadal are presented on the pitch/stadium.

One for the club -> represented by Kenyon/Charlton

Could Chelsea have not got anyone else to represent the club? I mean Utd had Sir Bobby and Chelsea had Utd's ex Chief Exe class. Agree about the tasteless winning btw Jaysus enjoy the day, they don't come round too often.

selpher wrote: »
    If you can avert your eves from Terrys chizzeled mans man good looks and Tevez's weird diseased neck you might see that right in between them is the referee who would have done more than give Tevez a yellow if what your saying transpired.
    Tévez has a distinctive burn mark from his right ear, down his neck to his chest. This occurred when he was ten months old while he was exploring his mother’s kitchen floor and he inadvertently pulled a kettle of boiling water over himself. This caused third-degree burns to the right side of his face, neck and chest and left him in intensive care for almost two months. Today, the scars are a highly visible feature of Tévez, who did not get them fixed because he was playing in a junior football team. He refused an offer from his then club, Boca Juniors, to have them cosmetically improved, saying that the scars were a part of who he was in the past and who he is today.

Calling him diseased makes you look uneducated as burns are not a disease. Get your facts right.

As for your point about refs, he may have ignored it, he may have thought nothing of it or he may have not seen it...either way, It's there to see in the replay and I believe Terry should be fined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Seriously? John Terry is a scumbag? He's more man than you are hiding behind a PC in your bedroom insulting a man who's boots you're not fit to lick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

patmac wrote: »
    Could Chelsea have not got anyone else to represent the club? I mean Utd had Sir Bobby and Chelsea had Utd's ex Chief Exe class. Agree about the tasteless winning btw Jaysus enjoy the day, they don't come round too often.

I cant think of anyone employed at Chelsea that it would be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Well the video certainly suggests he did.

A quick shake of the captains hand while you walked past him to get there runners up medals would have sufficed they didn't even recognise the Man U players at all. Two of them were interviewed (Lampard and Grant) and not one of them said as much as fair play to them, not even fair play they took there chance, nothing.
    I know.So what if they didnt?! What difference does it make? As i have said i dont think that congratulating United is what was going through the Chelsea' players heads at the time.Would you be going on about this if it was any other team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

DerKaiser wrote: »
    Seriously? John Terry is a scumbag? He's more man than you are hiding behind a PC in your bedroom insulting a man who's boots you're not fit to lick

/Wins Thread:D

• Advertisement

Well said!

patmac wrote: »

They have no class...of course the couldn't get anyone else...The Ex Utd Chief Exec...lol

Your only calling him a scumbag because hes Chelsea captain.You need to cop on.The spit incident (which didnt happen) is just your excuse to have a go at him.

We have plenty of old players involved with the club, Kerry Dixon should possibly represented the club, Kenyon has to much say in the club for my liking, he probably insisted it be him, Chelsea have no class? Idiot

Why would I want to lick his boots? Unlike you, football is not the be all and end all of my life...so I don't think as pathetically as you. And, I'm not in a bedroom or behind a PC...I'm on a laptop and the location is not important so you may want to stop trying to be a fortune teller and try get a real job...yeah?

Why would I want to lick his boots? Unlike you, football is not the be all and end all of my life...so I don't think as pathetically as you. And, I'm not in a bedroom or behind a PC...I'm on a laptop and the location is not important so you may want to stop trying to be a fortune teller and try get a real job...yeah?
    Act your age and grow up then......yeah?

• Advertisement

I have a real job that most people would kill to have, the type of which is not important here, but what concerns me is this hostility I'm feeling from you cheesdude, I think someone needs a hug

Calling him diseased makes you look uneducated as burns are not a disease. Get your facts right.

As for your point about refs, he may have ignored it, he may have thought nothing of it or he may have not seen it...either way, It's there to see in the replay and I believe Terry should be fined.

Eh it was a joke kid. I know all about Tevez. One of the few Utd players I really like and was gutted chelsea didn't even try go for him. And refs dont ignore snot or spit especially that ref. Nothings gonna happen Terry, just like nothing will happen Evra (another player I like) for his dodgy elbow and Joe Cole.

Your only calling him a scumbag because hes Chelsea captain.You need to cop on.The spit incident (which didnt happen) is just your excuse to have a go at him.

Well you see, that's where your wrong...As everyone knows Chelsea were nothing until your sugar daddy came along and bought them as a toy to show off to his minging girlfriends...

You need to cop on. Because if you can't see he blew snot on Tevez neck, then .............:confused::confused::confused:

I have a real job that most people would kill to have, the type of which is not important here, but what concerns me is this hostility I'm feeling from you cheesdude, I think someone needs a hug

LOL who are you trying to impress? Does your girlfriend post in the soccer section? :pac::pac:

Well you see, that's where your wrong...As everyone knows Chelsea were nothing until your sugar daddy came along

hmmmm.....

Check that one again.

• Advertisement

hmmmm.....

Check that one again.

Check what exactly? 80 million debt?

Did i say we were rich? no, you said we were nothing.Yet again your wrong.Think before you post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

so, nice to see this thread turn into childish insults

catch a grip, would yiz lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

Dont Man United have debts of £650million and rising?

Haha, nice one cheesedude!

Dont Man United have debts of £650million and rising?

Yeah...what's that got to do with anything?

I said Chelsea were a nothing club before Abramovich...the most important thing they were noted for was having 80 million debts...

Glad to see you all missed the relevance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

Did i say we were rich? no, you said we were nothing.Yet again your wrong.Think before you post.

You are something, a toy for a russian oligarch.
    I felt not once ounce of sadness for that disgrace that is John Terry, how he is in the running for england captain i will never know. He cannot control his players.
    Chelsea are ALWAYS involved in fracas like last night, they constantly lose control, because they are 11 individuals, playing for themselves, for their legacy, not for the russian chap or for the fans, who incidentally took exception to last nights result and decided a few brawls would suffice, pure and utter lowlifes.
    JT saw the oppurtunity last night to make HIMself the ultimate Chelsea Hero, so he stepped up and ****ed up. Chelsea do not have class, even Avram, a man i have grown to respect this season, forget to do the one thing that is paramount for any losing manager in any final no matter what circumstances they lost in, congratulate his opponents.
    Something that has made me sick this season, is the tendency of all outfield chelsea players to rush to complain to the referee when even minor decisions go against them! Chelsea have already been fined for it earlier on in the season!

United are no angels, and nor is Fergie, but we have class and respect or the ref most of the time, as well as for our opponents, even Ronaldo seemed to show some maturity last night.
    And before people start saying enjoy it, stop moaning, I AM enjoying reading your pathetic posts on top of Enjoying the great success we have achieved this season and will continue to achieve.

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

I think its quite telling that a lot of Man United fans here can't just enjoy a good win without having a go at Chelsea and whining. You would think you'd be content with winning the CL but some of the posters here seem to think that Chelsea should get down on their knees and praise the Man Utd team.

I mean the comment about Lampard not talking about how good man u were in his post match interview? OH MY GOD, THAT SCUMBAG, HE DIDNT PRAISE MAN UTD!!

get a grip, enjoy the win, be good winners.

Some of the posts here attacking Chelsea are beyond ridiculous and merely rubbing the noses of the few Chelsea fans that post here.

Remember a lot of Chelsea fans above the age of 12 in this country are supporting them not because they win a lot (because before abramavich they werent that successful) but for more legitimate reasons.

How many Man U fans here can honestly say they didn't start supporting United because they won a lot????

Oh and I'm not a Chelsea supporter by the way! Just some of the comments here attacking Chelsea are irratating me!

I think its quite telling that a lot of Man United fans here can't just enjoy a good win without having a go at Chelsea and whining. You would think you'd be content with winning the CL but some of the posters here seem to think that Chelsea should get down on their knees and praise the Man Utd team.

I mean the comment about Lampard not talking about how good man u were in his post match interview? OH MY GOD, THAT SCUMBAG, HE DIDNT PRAISE MAN UTD!!

get a grip, enjoy the win, be good winners.

Some of the posts here attacking Chelsea are beyond ridiculous and merely rubbing the noses of the few Chelsea fans that post here.

Remember a lot of Chelsea fans above the age of 12 in this country are supporting them not because they win a lot (because before abramavich they werent that successful) but for more legitimate reasons.

How many Man U fans here can honestly say they didn't start supporting United because they won a lot????

Oh and I'm not a Chelsea supporter by the way! Just some of the comments here attacking Chelsea are irratating me!

I felt not once ounce of sadness for that disgrace that is John Terry, how he is in the running for england captain i will never know. He cannot control his players.
    Chelsea are ALWAYS involved in fracas like last night, they constantly lose control, because they are 11 individuals, playing for themselves, for their legacy, not for the russian chap or for the fans, who incidentally took exception to last nights result and decided a few brawls would suffice, pure and utter lowlifes.
    JT saw the oppurtunity last night to make HIMself the ultimate Chelsea Hero, so he stepped up and ****ed up. Chelsea do not have class, even Avram, a man i have grown to respect this season, forget to do the one thing that is paramount for any losing manager in any final no matter what circumstances they lost in, congratulate his opponents.
    Something that has made me sick this season, is the tendency of all outfield chelsea players to rush to complain to the referee when even minor decisions go against them! Chelsea have already been fined for it earlier on in the season!

United are no angels, and nor is Fergie, but we have class and respect or the ref most of the time, as well as for our opponents, even Ronaldo seemed to show some maturity last night.
    And before people start saying enjoy it, stop moaning, I AM enjoying reading your pathetic posts on top of Enjoying the great success we have achieved this season and will continue to achieve.

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

KERPAL wrote: »

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    LOL

• Advertisement

Yeah...what's that got to do with anything?

I said Chelsea were a nothing club before Abramovich...the most important thing they were noted for was having 80 million debts...

Glad to see you all missed the relevance...

I still don't see your point?

Are you having a go at Chelsea because in the past they haven't been successful?

What has that got to do with anything? This is the present

We had a meagre history, true, but to say we were nothing is waxing thick

only 1 league
    3 FA cups
    2 League cups
    2 Cup winners cups

a few minor trophies, supercup, charity sheilds, division 2 titles bla bla

It's not much, but it's not nothing

And besides, is your ethos to follow whoevers winning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

As I explained before 20 meadal are presented on the pitch/stadium.

One for the club -> represented by Kenyon/Charlton
    Manager - > Grant/SAF
    Players -> 11 starters and the 7 subs.

10 others are then given to the club to give out as they wish. Not sure if this is both clubs or just the winning club.

P.S grant took Drogbas medal, he was handed two.

Thanks for clearing that up, i missed your post about that earlier. Wonder will any of the winners/losers medals end up for sale like some of the 2005 medals (allegedly Milan Baros' one)

LOL

Chin up ya?? Dont cry

Have you heard about the John Terry Vodka?

Made in England.........Bottled in Russia.

Im not cryin at all.Well done on winning.

Kinda pathetic of ya saying that though isnt it?Grow up ya??

Have you heard about the John Terry Vodka?

Made in England.........Bottled in Russia.

Ha yeah theres a very similar Ronaldo vodka around as well and its just as sweet tasting.

selpher wrote: »
    Ha yeah theres a very similar Ronaldo vodka around as well and its just as sweet tasting.

Ye i also hear Ronaldo posesses a CL winners medal, along with 42 goals, Player of the year(pfa and writers), Prem winners medal and the list goes on.

Better than someone who uses the club for solely financial gain!

I honestly don't see how Terry is disgraceful. Every statement about him seems to be made under assumption.

Chelsea are ALWAYS involved in fracas like last night, they constantly lose control,

Man United vs Arsenal nearly every year....
    because they are 11 individuals, playing for themselves, for their legacy, not for the russian chap or for the fans

Assumption.

who incidentally took exception to last nights result and decided a few brawls would suffice, pure and utter lowlifes.

I call your bluff. Do you have any links to these claims?
    JT saw the oppurtunity last night to make HIMself the ultimate Chelsea Hero, so he stepped up and ****ed up.

To be honest I assume (im making an assumption admitedly) in todays professional era the penalty takers were decided before the game on merits of their penalty taking ability seen in training. I find it highly doubtful that Terry just out of the blue said ''Em actually I think I'll take that penalty''

Chelsea do not have class, even Avram, a man i have grown to respect this season, forget to do the one thing that is paramount for any losing manager in any final no matter what circumstances they lost in, congratulate his opponents.

Eh he did.

Rooney anyone? One of the worst for screaming at the ref. Nearly every team does it unfortunately.

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

The only thing pathetic is you not being able to contently enjoy the win without having a go at Chelsea. Maybe you should take a leaf out of Ronaldo's books and as you say show some maturity.

• Advertisement

Im not cryin at all.Well done on winning.

Kinda pathetic of ya saying that though isnt it?Grow up ya??

Ye but i love being able to be arrogant about things like this, thats why us United fans are so loved;)

Ye but i love being able to be arrogant about things like this, thats why us United fans are so loved;)

United ''winner pickers'' fans:pac::D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

gucci wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up, i missed your post about that earlier. Wonder will any of the winners/losers medals end up for sale like some of the 2005 medals (allegedly Milan Baros' one)

Was it not the stolen Dudek one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Being arrogant about victory achieved by the width of the woodwork is a testament to the continuous stupidity of football fans.

Better than someone who uses the club for solely financial gain!

I honestly don't see how Terry is disgraceful. Every statement about him seems to be made under assumption.

Man United vs Arsenal nearly every year....

Assumption.

I call your bluff. Do you have any links to these claims?

To be honest I assume (im making an assumption admitedly) in todays professional era the penalty takers were decided before the game on merits of their penalty taking ability seen in training. I find it highly doubtful that Terry just out of the blue said ''Em actually I think I'll take that penalty''

Eh he did.

Rooney anyone? One of the worst for screaming at the ref. Nearly every team does it unfortunately.

The only thing pathetic is you not being able to contently enjoy the win without having a go at Chelsea. Maybe you should take a leaf out of Ronaldo's books and as you say show some maturity.

1- People never get sick of making money, but they sick of their toys.
    2- I dont think Terry did spit, altho hes a gr8 player(perhaps not this season), he cannot control his players
    3-Completely Untrue, do ur research
    4- Assumption- fair enough
    5- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2007690/Champions-League-final-Chelsea-fans-battle-police-after-defeat-to-Manchester-United.html - LOTS MORE IF U WANT IT
    6-Well he shouldnt have put himself forward
    7- Not in the post match pitchside interview
    8- Rooney is shocking for it!! I agree, but its better one than 10 players all the time
    9-I am contently enjoying it, i really am, this is incredible.

United ''winner pickers'' fans:pac::D;)

Ye... Earliest memory of supporting United- losing 1-0 to Everton in FA cup final... "loser picker" me!

• Advertisement

Ye... Earliest memory of supporting United- losing 1-0 to Everton in FA cup final... "loser picker" me!
    yous all have different excuses as to when you started supporting them.

yous all have different excuses as to when you started supporting them.

Well we hardly all started supporting them at the EXACT same time now Einstein did we?

Ah! Steve Rideout, what a glorious day that was

Ah! Steve Rideout, what a glorious day that was

Thankfully i havent had to experience many days like that since then:D

1- People never get sick of making money, but they sick of their toys.

I think Abramavich genuinely enjoys football though and to be honest I would prefer someone like that investing in my club than someone whose only interest is himself and his financial gain.

2- I dont think Terry did spit, altho hes a gr8 player(perhaps not this season), he cannot control his players

Nor can Rio. It seems Van de Sar does most of the controlling. He'd run from his own box to the other one if he had to!!

3-Completely Untrue, do ur research

Ha! You obviously have a very short memory! Man Utd vs Arsenal are notorious for tempers flaring. Remember Van Nistlerooy and Vieras running battles??? The point is this is football and every team does it!
    4- Assumption- fair enough

I thought you were referring to inciddents at the stadium. Though I don't think its acceptable to tar Chelsea like you did because they have a minority of thugish fans. Every team has them.
    6-Well he shouldnt have put himself forward

My point was he probably didn't. The coaches picked the best penalty takers and he was one of them. It's not like he just decided that he was going to take the 5th penalty randomly.
    7- Not in the post match pitchside interview

He has just lost a CL final. He answered the questions put to him and left. He had already congratulated Fergie. I honestly don't see what he did wrong.
    8- Rooney is shocking for it!! I agree, but its better one than 10 players all the time

Many a time I have seen Man U players crowd a ref. Many times I have seen Arsenal players crowd a ref. Every team does it. Its the bad aspect of football but its not fair to single out Chelsea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement