Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL Final: United -v- Chelsea

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Very well said Ricky.:D

Kerpal, I don't understand you are even having this argument considering your team won last night. Why can;t you just celebrate?:confused:

KERPAL wrote: »
    Ye... Earliest memory of supporting United- losing 1-0 to Everton in FA cup final... "loser picker" me!

You still picked a team right at the top of the league?:confused:

Why didn't you pick a team in the Championship? Because you're still a glory hunter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

SantryRed wrote: »
    Very well said Ricky.:D

Kerpal, I don't understand you are even having this argument considering your team won last night. Why can;t you just celebrate?:confused:

I am celebrating, while momentarily stopping to post:D

It was RVN and Martin Keown actually Ricky.

We are not going to agree with eachother so theres not much point in continuing the laborious task of replying.....

One thing we wont argue on is last nights result:

Man United:1
    Chelsea:1
    Man U win 6-5 on Pens

Making them CHAMPIONS of Europe

Good Night and Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

Why didn't you pick a team in the Championship? Because you're still a glory hunter.

Yes a 5 year old Glory Hunter, first match I watched on TV, Its not my fault Beeb show the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

I am celebrating, while momentarily stopping to post:D

It was RVN and Martin Keown actually Ricky.

We are not going to agree with eachother so theres not much point in continuing the laborious task of replying.....

One thing we wont argue on is last nights result:

Man United:1
    Chelsea:1
    Man U win 6-5 on Pens

Making them CHAMPIONS of Europe

Good Night and Good luck.

I'll take that response as "O.K I was completely wrong with what I said about Chelsea but Man United still won"

In which case good. Instead of attacking Chelsea you should of been celebrating a good win, your doing it now though which is progress.

Good Night and Good Luck (though you probably used up all your luck last night ;))

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Yes a 5 year old Glory Hunter

Ah so you admit it, looks like you havn't grown up yet either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Who do you support?

Why are Liverpool fans not subject to this? Every one of them that I know started supportingthem in the 70's or 80's

What about the sudden rise in Chelsea Jersey sales in THIS country over the last four years?

Yes a 5 year old glory hunter who picks the losing team. Now fuk off wanker
    LOL!!

tut tut.Just go enjoy your win and stop finding other things to moan about.Its pathetic

davyjose wrote: »
    Who do you support?

Why are Liverpool fans not subject to this? Every one of them that I know started supportingthem in the 70's or 80's

What about the sudden rise in Chelsea Jersey sales in THIS country over the last four years?

They are the exact same. All of them.

I support Shels and I support Watford and that is only because my Dad grew up there and followed them around the country for ten years before he moved over here.

They are the exact same. All of them.

I support Shels and I support Watford and that is only because my Dad grew up there and followed them around the country for ten years before he moved over here.

So you support the team your dad supported?

Well, me too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yes a 5 year old glory hunter who picks the losing team. Now fuk off wanker

Hmmm are all the mods on holidays or something?

jank wrote: »
    Hmmm are all the mods on holidays or something?
    funny how he was trying to wind people up and ended up going mad himself!

chdpoker wrote: »
    yous all have different excuses as to when you started supporting them.

Wah wah wah. U dont need excuses, u support a team end of story.

Jesus the amount of bullsh*t lengths people go to to try and get one overs on other fans is f*ckin petty. Its not a crime to support a team.

Most fans support who their parents supported. Thats certainly the case with me and my "excuse" was supporting them back when Leeds beat us to the League. As hard as it is for u to take, there were LOADS of Irish United fans before SAF came along. My Dad was one, as were many of my extended family.

United always had a strong Irish representation with the likes of Liam Whelan, Tony Dunne, Shay Brennan, George Best (who although Northern Irish was loved down in these parts), all the way along to Paul McGrath, Keano etc.

F*ckin get over it already and come back when u have something intelligent to say.

Wah wah wah. U dont need excuses, u support a team end of story.

Jesus the amount of bullsh*t lengths people go to to try and get one overs on other fans is f*ckin petty. Its not a crime to support a team.

Most fans support who their parents supported. Thats certainly the case with me and my "excuse" was supporting them back when Leeds beat us to the League. As hard as it is for u to take, there were LOADS of Irish United fans before SAF came along. My Dad was one, as were many of my extended family.

United always had a strong Irish representation with the likes of Liam Whelan, Tony Dunne, Shay Brennan, George Best (who although Northern Irish was loved down in these parts), all the way along to Paul McGrath, Keano etc.

F*ckin get over it already and come back when u have something intelligent to say.
    Alot of united fans are winner pickers.Its a fact.Why bother defending it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

aw what a night!!!
    watched the match in some country pub(poors locals looked a bit shocked at all the cursin and jumping around at the tv but im sure they'll get over it)

all i can say is i am delighted and i was wrecked after the match last night..but what a game so many ups and downs in it..but it all worked out in the end!!!

Lads.Chillax.United did it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Why bother pointing it out? It goes without saying that any successful team will get bandwagon fans, how is it significant? :confused:

News just in: water is wet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ah we should leave chdpoker alone lads. He's probably just gutted because his prediction from yesterday failed spectacularly...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56005193&postcount=22662

When u have as many fans as United do its fairly natural thats gonna happen.

My little cousin supports Liverpool, since sometime aroun May 05, his little brother started supporting Chelsea when they won the League.

My friends little brother was at his most impressionable when l'Arse did the unbeaten season.

It happens. Get over it. That u accuse United of being any worse solely because they have a larger number of fans simply highlights what a bitter bitter little person u are. And all the L'pool fans who maoned about United fans doing exactly this to them on here in 2005, u really are helping their cause...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jesus this thread is laughable. However here is my view.

I felt gutted for John Terry, once i had stopped screaming, because he loves his club and i respect that. Anelka however, i knew he would miss, he has barely played for Chelsea and im guessing he couldnt give a **** and you could see that in his pen. John Terry's pen happened because he was so desperate to score.

The spitting thing is doubtful, the video thing is unclear, and unless you were the snot/saliva youll never really know. If he did, that was a bit mucky. But i dunno, rainy day + runny nose maybe he went for a wipe then called Tevez a name, SHOCK!

United awesome in 1st half, Chelsea awesome in 2nd half. ET was even and pens are pens at the end of the day.

Great game. Great season. I will never understand why some people (not really in here, and im not naming names) have to rub it in to a losing fan, i mean, do they not get enough satisfaction from the win that they need to humiliate someone who supports the losing team? I do however find it much more pathetic when a fan of a team not even playing tries to wind up people celebrating/crying with sly or sarcastic posts. I dont buy this tribalism bull****, if you cant respect a great player purely because he plays for a different team then you are a bit of a knob.

Its pretty funny how these threads get personal. Like, this is a place where people post their opinion lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

there's nothing heroic about supporting a losing team either, you dont enjoy it, you dont gain anything from it, so who gives a toss if people start out supporting winning teams.
    OMG I am teh futball legend because I support Fulham, we never win therefore I am better supporter than Man U ... lolers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Away back to your bridge.

Nice prediction btw.

To everyone else:

Chelsea, commiserations.

G'wan united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I felt gutted for John Terry, once i had stopped screaming, because he loves his club and i respect that. Anelka however, i knew he would miss, he has barely played for Chelsea and im guessing he couldnt give a **** and you could see that in his pen. John Terry's pen happened because he was so desperate to score.

Great game. Great season. I will never understand why some people (not really in here, and im not naming names) have to rub it in to a losing fan, i mean, do they not get enough satisfaction from the win that they need to humiliate someone who supports the losing team? I do however find it much more pathetic when a fan of a team not even playing tries to wind up people celebrating/crying with sly or sarcastic posts. I dont buy this tribalism bull****, if you cant respect a great player purely because he plays for a different team then you are a bit of a knob.

I would've felt more sorry for Carvalho or even Lampard, but Terry is a prick. Always was and always will be. He missed because he wanted to be the big man and get the winning penalty for his team - 'Mr Chelsea' they called him on Sky. But the bigger man sometimes isn't the one who wants to take the pen, but lets someone more clinical than him in front of goal take it. Fair enough he slipped, but he shouldn't have taken it in the first place. And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. The used to call Terry Butcher Mr England but he had the sense to let others take penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

The spitting thing is doubtful, the video thing is unclear, and unless you were the snot/saliva youll never really know. If he did, that was a bit mucky. But i dunno, rainy day + runny nose maybe he went for a wipe then called Tevez a name, SHOCK!

http://www.eyefootball.com/news/5828/Did-Terry-spit-at-Tevez?/

Anybody who looks at this video and tells me Terry was not spitting/blowing snot on Tevez is a liar.

You can see Terry coming up to him doing it, and then you can see Tevez wiping it off his neck.

It's very obvious.

And for this reason, I call Terry a scumbag as I would for any other player who does similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Anybody who looks at this video and tells me Terry was not spitting/blowing snot on Tevez is a liar.

You can see Terry coming up to him doing it, and then you can see Tevez wiping it off his neck.

It's very obvious.

And for this reason, I call Terry a scumbag as I would for any other player who does similar.

I have looked at it several times and still can't make out if he did anything, for me it is not obvious as you state.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

I would've felt more sorry for Carvalho or even Lampard, but Terry is a prick. Always was and always will be. He missed because he wanted to be the big man and get the winning penalty for his team - 'Mr Chelsea' they called him on Sky. But the bigger man sometimes isn't the one who wants to take the pen, but lets someone more clinical than him in front of goal take it. Fair enough he slipped, but he shouldn't have taken it in the first place. And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. The used to call Terry Butcher Mr England but he had the sense to let others take penalties.

Whats the story with everybody assuming he took the pen for the glory? Which of the remaining players should have taken it? I doubt many of them wanted the pressure, he more than likely stepped up as the captain. I suppose we can look at it in a negative light, at least its another stone for everybody to throw at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I can't see what Terry does but Tevez does wipe his neck about 5 seconds after the whole thing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I felt gutted for John Terry, once i had stopped screaming, because he loves his club and i respect that.

He was babbling like a little girl, if Grant was any sort of manager he would fine him a months wages and make him wear a dress in training, Pathetic.

My vote for most embarrasing act of the season before last night went to Gallas, well we have a new winner. John "Cuddle Me Please" Terry!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,431 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It's very obvious.

I can certainly see movement that suggests Terry did something, movements from both Terry and Tevez. However, I do not see any spit or snot. Maybe watching it in higher definition on TV would make the spit or snot visible - but i have seen nothing in the YouTube videos or the .gifs

davyjose wrote: »
    So you support the team your dad supported?

Well, me too.

Is your dad from Manchester? Did he go to every game and is he a real supporter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Boggles wrote: »
    He was babbling like a little girl, if Grant was any sort of manager he would fine him a months wages and make him wear a dress in training, Pathetic.

My vote for most embarrasing act of the season before last night went to Gallas, well we have a new winner. John "Cuddle Me Please" Terry!!

Indeed.

Lord forbid if, I dunno, Cristiano Ronaldo spent half the shoot out in a heap bricking it after missing and was so cut up he didnt even get up after the shoot out was won.

The thought of it! :eek:

Good enough match, though a 2-2 would certainly have upped the tension even further. Thought the reffing was appalling. Joe Cole must be poking the guys sister, judging by the amount of goal kicks he awarded if Cole happened to be within 10 ft of a rolling Man U ball going out.

The carding was shocking, I initially cheered as I thought Tevez had been sent off for not shutting it after several warnings, then Drogba comes off for a light clip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Tauren wrote: »
    I can certainly see movement that suggests Terry did something, movements from both Terry and Tevez. However, I do not see any spit or snot. Maybe watching it in higher definition on TV would make the spit or snot visible - but i have seen nothing in the YouTube videos or the .gifs

Definite intent anyway. And how are you supposed to see a golden nugget landing on Tevez eh? It's not like a ****ing hail stone...it may not be easy to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It's very obvious.

I rewound that 4 times and can't say that I see it.

shane86 wrote: »
    Indeed.

Lord forbid if, I dunno, Cristiano Ronaldo spent half the shoot out in a heap bricking it after missing and was so cut up he didnt even get up after the shoot out was won.

The thought of it! :eek:

At Least he didn't cry about it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

He looked like he was sobbing when he was lying on the ground on his own after everyone else had gone off to celebrate, that was a pretty pathetic act tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Kold wrote: »
    I rewound that 4 times and can't say that I see it.

You don't need to see the spit flying through the air to see what he's doing FFS...

He looked like he was sobbing when he was lying on the ground on his own after everyone else had gone off to celebrate, that was a pretty pathetic act tbh.

Why would he have been sobbing? Did he get some bad news we don't know about?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Last game for utd maybe.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Last game for utd maybe.

I don't think Ronaldo reads The Sun.

Tears of joy? Nah, too obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It's obvious Ronaldo was balling his eyes out...he was ****ting it. It's so obvious to see he was crying because he missed the peno and almost cost United the cup...so he was pretty upset/relieved it worked out hence why he praised his team mates so much yet again...

There is nothing wrong with crying for a Portuguese/Brazilian/European player with good looks, class and guile....it's only when your English and your crying because you were such a woman in the game of football you just played...that's something to cry about...Terry was crying because he behaved so poorly in the match. Bet ya Drogba cried as well...actually doubted, he never gave a **** about Chelsea and still does not either...

Myth wrote: »
    Tears of joy? Nah, too obvious.

Tears of Joy, maybe, not sobbing!

Sobbing is what little girls and John "Iron Man" Terry does.

72570388.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=ABC8D6567E9A17A8B8CAD23B028A4419284831B75F48EF45terrycries.jpg
    22616911.jpg
    JohnTerryPAMartinRickett3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,431 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ah christ lads, so what if Terry was crying - he isn't the first and won't be the last player to cry after losing a final, let alone a penalty shoot out, let alone after missing a penalty in the penalty shoot out of a champions league final. OOOOOHH you are all such manly men...

You don't need to there to be actual spit to accuse him of spitting FFS...

FYP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Tauren wrote: »
    ah christ lads, so what if Terry was crying - he isn't the first and won't be the last player to cry after losing a final, let alone a penalty shoot out, let alone after missing a penalty in the penalty shoot out of a champions league final. OOOOOHH you are all such manly men...

I agree. As i mentioned in another thread learn some humility (seems to be my word of the day! :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ronaldo was crying as well,but your not saying he's less of a man!?!?!

Tears of Joy, maybe, not sobbing!

Sobbing is what little girls and John "Iron Man" Terry does.

72570388.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=ABC8D6567E9A17A8B8CAD23B028A4419284831B75F48EF45terrycries.jpg
    22616911.jpg
    JohnTerryPAMartinRickett3.jpg

LOL @ the same group of fans who accuse Chelsea of lacking class, the man missed a peno in the most important game of his career to date,effectively losing the game for his club. Six inches to the left and it would be the great Ronaldo crying after the whistle, get the **** over it. Like it has been mentioned in another thread there isnt one keyboard warrior on this forum good enough to lick his boots. And ye talk about class? What a load of B0llox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

topnutz wrote:
    the great Ronaldo crying after the whistle

He was though....different kind of tears though!

shane86 wrote: »

The carding was shocking, I initially cheered as I thought Tevez had been sent off for not shutting it after several warnings, then Drogba comes off for a light clip!

You do know the rules don't you?

Drogba had a choice, raise his hand, or not raise his hand. The manner in which it's done isn't the point. 90% of people that play football are probably kids, in the most watched game of the season. It was unacceptable behaviour by Drogba.

But clearly you're so blinded by jealousy, that you cheered when you thought 1 player got sent off for complaining, yet were shocked when another got sent off for smacking someone in the face.

• Advertisement

Is your dad from Manchester? Did he go to every game and is he a real supporter?

Ah yes, this is why you post regularly on the American Football forum?

I'm sorry, I actually genuinely can't take you (or anyone with your attitude to supporting a team) seriously anymore.

Advertisement