Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL Final: United -v- Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

commiserations to chelsea and their fans, it was a great game of football! but you have to say when you end up with pics like this its brilliant!

terry.jpg

(sorry but its just brilliant)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

topnutz wrote: »
    LOL @ the same group of fans who accuse Chelsea of lacking class, the man missed a peno in the most important game of his career to date,effectively losing the game for his club. Six inches to the left and it would be the great Ronaldo crying after the whistle, get the **** over it. Like it has been mentioned in another thread there isnt one keyboard warrior on this forum good enough to lick his boots. And ye talk about class? What a load of B0llox

Warrior???? He attacks the smallest player on the pitch, spits/snots and abuses him. Real classy warrior, don't make me fúckíng laugh. He is a thug and a coward.

At least Drogba had a go at someone his own size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Boggles wrote: »
    Warrior???? He attacks the smallest player on the pitch, spits/snots and abuses him*. Real classy warrior, don't make me fúckíng laugh. He is a thug and a coward.

At least Drogba had a go at someone his own size.

Sorry, maybe I should have put the term Keyboard Warrior in bold or something for those of you who need to be spoonfed. Youd know I wasnt using it in reference to him, Legend would be more appropriate for Terry.

*Tevez? Shur hes a rapist no? Oh wait, maybe I shouldnt say things that i know are comletely untrue, thats not very classy now is it?

Mods/Disclaimer:I do not believe, nor do I have any evidence to suggest that Carlos Tevez is a rapist. Im simply making reference to the phantom spitting incident Terry is accused of, and how people are happy to label him a Scumbag despite the fact he didnt do anything. Its a bit extreme i know, but FWIW, I actually really like Tevez and think he is a World Class player and pro

Im simply making reference to the phantom spitting incident Terry is accused of, and how people are happy to label him a Scumbag despite the fact he didnt do anything. Its a bit extreme i know, but FWIW, I actually really like Tevez and think he is a World Class player and pro

Ah your right, that video is misleading. :rolleyes:

aylrn6.gif

It must have been a bird that got Tevez. Have a day off mate. Your evidence is there - in VIDEO FORM, what more do you want. Sometimes you just have to plead guilty.

I have absolutely no problem admitting he said something nasty to tevez, but he certainly didnt spit/snot on him. When you see the video in realtime youd realise its almost impossible to even physically do this, as he is clearly talking at the same time. Any way thats a debate thats going on in another thread, have a read if you like....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

He's blocking his lips and saying something, probabnly nasty, to tevez, a trick often used by shearer to wind players up. Just looks like tevez doesnt hear him or understand him. But yeah enemy of football etc.

I have absolutely no problem admitting he said something nasty to tevez, but he certainly didnt spit/snot on him. When you see the video in realtime youd realise its almost impossible to even physically do this, as he is clearly talking at the same time. Any way thats a debate thats going on in another thread, have a read if you like....

This is the champions league final thread, so I will post here thank you.

As for debating the plain obvious with you, no thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

Tears of Joy, maybe, not sobbing!

Sobbing is what little girls and John "Iron Man" Terry does.

72570388.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=ABC8D6567E9A17A8B8CAD23B028A4419284831B75F48EF45terrycries.jpg
    22616911.jpg
    JohnTerryPAMartinRickett3.jpg

Players of all sports regularly cry after losing a final. This guy has achieved success that you could only dream of. Have a go at him to make yourself feel better if you want but at the end of the day you know, I know, everyone knows that you are nothing compared to him and that he is more 'man' than you will ever be. Leading out your team in a champions league final and taking a crucial penalty is not something for the faint hearted you would probably **** yourself in his position.

Your a keyboard warrior mate, get over it.

Have a go at him to make yourself feel better if you want but at the end of the day you know,

Why would I be having a go at him to make me feel better? I feel great.

Your a keyboard warrior mate, get over it.

The irony of you with the username "Ricky Hatton" typing this on a keyboard would be some way lost on you I fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

Why would I be having a go at him to make me feel better? I feel great.

Which makes it all the more bewildering.

The irony of you with the username "Ricky Hatton" typing this on a keyboard would be some way lost on you I fear.

I'm a keyboard warrior because I have a similar name to a famous boxer?
    My names Richard Hatton mate, I just decided to use Ricky Hatton as a nick.
    Nice try though.

• Advertisement

I'm a keyboard warrior because I have a similar name to a famous boxer?
    My names Richard Hatton mate, I just decided to use Ricky Hatton as a nick.
    Nice try though.

So you don't understand Irony, fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This thread is full of fail.

So you don't understand Irony, fair enough.

Do you?So his namesake is as close to a modern day "Warrior" as can be, the word your looking for is, spell it.....C-O-I-N-C-I-D-E-N-C-E.

Do you?So his namesake is as close to a modern day "Warrior" as can be, the word your looking for is, spell it.....C-O-I-N-C-I-D-E-N-C-E.

Oh Dear.

Back on topic I'd say lads, your letting yourselves down even further.

I preferred it when ye were defending Terry's "Phantom Spitting" - Best Yet!!! :D:D:D

What has any of this to do with the CL Final? Boxing forum is that way lads >>>>> :pac::pac:

What has any of this to do with the CL Final? Boxing forum is that way lads >>>>> :pac::pac:

No It's that way ^^^^^^^ :D

Ah your right, that video is misleading. :rolleyes:

aylrn6.gif

It must have been a bird that got Tevez. Have a day off mate. Your evidence is there - in VIDEO FORM, what more do you want. Sometimes you just have to plead guilty.

Lookin at that, and where Tevez rubs his neck, timing of it etc, plus the possible culprit looks to be lining up a nice big gob just before and he;s behind the ref so unseen, IF anyone spat at Apache it was Drogba.

Again, I think Terry used his sleeve to cover his mouth so he couldnt have the lovely pleasant things he was about to say to Tevez about the weather, lip read.

LOL, Ill take your advice Neil*, Boggles you win;). Im off, back to the real world

*1st line in your sig, great advice

*1st line in your sig, great advice

U can try the 1st or the last when these kinds of arguments occur? Either work for me.

Boggles you win....Im off, back to the real world

Fair play, Bye! :)

• Advertisement

U can try the 1st or the last when these kinds of arguments occur? Either work for me.

Wheres the fun in that?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

What Anelka told to SSN summs up perfectly what i said about him. He blamed his miss on "Sitting on a bench for 120mins then being asked to save a team." He went on to say "I dont think thats ever happened before"... My first thought was...

"Anderson did it..."

He then went on to say "I dont like playing on the right, i was told i would play through the centre in a 4-4-2"

Shut up. And look at Wayne Rooney asked to sacrifice all glory to do a job for his team and did so. Many times this season. This is the Anelka we all know, some people never change and i hope Chelsea sell him.

People call John Terry classless? No (well, maybe but im still 50/50), missing a pen in the CL final and blaming the club is classless.

I knew when we signed him it'd only be a matter of time. Grant should of put Sheva on instead, couldn't of done any worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

selpher wrote: »
    I knew when we signed him it'd only be a matter of time. Grant should of put Sheva on instead, couldn't of done any worse.

Well, maybe, Grant would have put Sheva on and thought about his penalty miss against Liverpool 3 years ago.

True but he would have wanted to take 1 and definetly would have ahead of terry. And once again he couldn't have done anyworse than Anelka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    What Anelka told to SSN summs up perfectly what i said about him. He blamed his miss on "Sitting on a bench for 120mins then being asked to save a team." He went on to say "I dont think thats ever happened before"... My first thought was...

"Anderson did it..."

He then went on to say "I dont like playing on the right, i was told i would play through the centre in a 4-4-2"

Shut up. And look at Wayne Rooney asked to sacrifice all glory to do a job for his team and did so. Many times this season. This is the Anelka we all know, some people never change and i hope Chelsea sell him.

People call John Terry classless? No (well, maybe but im still 50/50), missing a pen in the CL final and blaming the club is classless.

Well to be fair to Anelka, and if you bothered to put the whole interview from Sky Sports up, you would see that Anelka has a problem with the fact that he was not told to warm up...he also said he didn't want to take a penalty as they were telling him he had to take one...which is why he was the 7'th taker...he refused the original first 5 and to be fair, he said he was told he would be playing in the centre so i can't blame him for anything he said...and no Anderson did not do it...because Anderson warmed up.

And yes, John Terry is classless in my opinion, blowing snot on people is filth.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

Have to agree. Shevchenko would have been more composed. You could tell Anelka was going to miss. As he walked up the pitch he just looked at the ground. He looked nervous!

Have to say hats off to Nani and Anderson. You wouldn't normally see players so young having the guts to take part in a penalty shoot-out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

grahamo wrote: »
    Have to agree. Shevchenko would have been more composed. You could tell Anelka was going to miss. As he walked up the pitch he just looked at the ground. He looked nervous!

Do you remember how composed Shevchenko was in 2005 during the shoot-out? Didnt do him much good that day.

• Advertisement

Yeah they were very composed. What great signings they look already, esp anderson. Hope chelsea go that route instead of the fading superstars one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Yeah they were very composed. What great signings they look already, esp anderson. Hope chelsea go that route instead of the fading superstars one.

I think the problem with Chelsea (and this isn't a pop) is that the manager either it be Grant or someone new knows that the have to win the CL or the league to keep their job. So it is hard to trust young players when you wont be given the time for them to develop, especially if you are given the money to get established players.

gucci wrote: »
    Do you remember how composed Shevchenko was in 2005 during the shoot-out? Didnt do him much good that day.

I know Shevchenko missed a peno against Liverpool but he's a big game player and he would have still wanted to take one. Thats the difference between him and 'Le Sulk' Anelka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Anelka has been a problem mentally his whole career. He is a mercenary who is in it for the money and probably doesn't really love football that much.

Say what you like about Terry, but he turns up, takes responsibility upon himself, gives 100% every game he plays and clearly loves the club he plays for and the game itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

From Milan website:
    HONOUR TO MANCHESTER UNITED EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS
    5/22/2008
    MILAN - Manchester United, European champions for the third time in its history (the last time in 1999), followed Milan in the History Books of the Champions League. With particular reference to the nice words with regards to Milan in the post-game interview last night by Sir Alex Ferguson, but not only, our sincere congratulations to the winners in the Moscow Final, which must be extended also to Chelsea who arrived just a step away from the victory.

Now that's classy!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Well, I have just whiled away quite some time reading about 30 pages of this thread!

So, I was at the game myself, here are my thoughts on it.

I felt United were by far the better side in the first half. But for more composure from Carrick and Tevez, we should have been at least 2 up and cruising. At that point, it would have been game over I think.

For my old friend IREGK back there, who was slating off Rooney, yes, this was one of Rooney's poorer games (you'll love that). But, at the same time, he was the cause of some of our better moments. Like when he dispossed (I think it was Carvalho) and sprinted to the halfway line, before an inch perfect 60 yard crossfield pass, left a galloping Ronaldo without having to break stride to collect and fire in the cross from which Tevez had his header saved by Cech before Carrick missed the rebound. He also later played a glorious ball across the box, which Tevez managed to miss an open goal from. What people seem to miss with Rooney (bar us Utd fans) is the amount of work he does for the team, and how often he is involved in anything good that Utd do going forward, no matter how badly he is playing. Look at the amount of times we lose when he isn't playing, this is no coincidence.

I tell you what, Drogba or Rooney in my side? Rooney each and every time.

Then, first half, Chelsea get a poxy equaliser. 2 deflections and a slipping keeper. Typical luck, but then, we had the luck later on when Chelsea hit the post. Not so much Drogbas one, which was always wide, but Lampards. Chelsea were far and away the better side in the 2nd half, Utd just couldn't get on the ball. There was only one winner during that 2nd half in my eyes. It was awful.

Then came ET. I thought it was pretty even. I know Lamps hit the bar and that, but Giggs should have scored - he hsould have taken that one with his right.

Penalties was utter torture. I was in the side stand at the penalties end of the ground, watching JT making his run up was one of the worst moments of my life. Luckily, and for me, a penalty shoot out is luck, we prevailed, and I had probably the happiest moment of my life dancing around that stadium hugging random strangers. To that person way back who said about penalties that it isn't a lottery, that if they practice properly they'll prevail - that just doesn't make sense. If both teams practice properly, does that mean it will go on all night? It comes down to a bit of luck - a slipped centre back, a keeper maknig the right choice etc.

For those who slate JT for taking that penalty, saying he did it for personal glory, I would say, grow up. How do you know he did it for personal glory? I do not like JT, I must say. But I respect himi for having the balls to stand up and take that penalty. I remarked to the lad beside me (a Chelsea fan, bless him, nice bloke and had to put up with me going mental when we won) how, had I been going up to take a penalty at that point, I wouldn't have been able, due to being physically exhausted after watching ... that's WATCHING 120 minutes of football. My legs were wobbling as I stood to watch, god knows how they felt after actually playing.

To say he did it for personal glory, is ridiculous if you ask me. From what I have read before, a lot of managers will ask who is up to taking one. I can imagine there are a lot of players who shirked away, didn't Nicolas Anelka even admit in an interview that he was asked if he wanted to take one of the first 5 but said no? So I assume Grant asked who was willing, and John Terry bravely volunteered. No, I don't like the guy. But I would play for a captain like that, someone with the balls to step forward and take a penalty on a rain soaked pitch, after 120 minutes of energy sapping football in front of millions. That's balls.

Crying after the game? Yeah, I swear he's not a real man because of that. Grow the fook up.

• Advertisement

Excellent post,

+1 for Rooney too, IMO Uniteds most talented player, can have a bad attitude at times, but hes genuine World Class and fully deserves to be a European Champion. His workrate and reading of the game are phenomenal, without him, Uniteds attack is a lot lot weaker. In a way, its a pity for him Ronnie had such a good season, he hasnt got half the credit he deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Well, I have just whiled away quite some time reading about 30 pages of this thread!

So, I was at the game myself, here are my thoughts on it.

I felt United were by far the better side in the first half. But for more composure from Carrick and Tevez, we should have been at least 2 up and cruising. At that point, it would have been game over I think.

For my old friend IREGK back there, who was slating off Rooney, yes, this was one of Rooney's poorer games (you'll love that). But, at the same time, he was the cause of some of our better moments. Like when he dispossed (I think it was Carvalho) and sprinted to the halfway line, before an inch perfect 60 yard crossfield pass, left a galloping Ronaldo without having to break stride to collect and fire in the cross from which Tevez had his header saved by Cech before Carrick missed the rebound. He also later played a glorious ball across the box, which Tevez managed to miss an open goal from. What people seem to miss with Rooney (bar us Utd fans) is the amount of work he does for the team, and how often he is involved in anything good that Utd do going forward, no matter how badly he is playing. Look at the amount of times we lose when he isn't playing, this is no coincidence.

I tell you what, Drogba or Rooney in my side? Rooney each and every time.

Then, first half, Chelsea get a poxy equaliser. 2 deflections and a slipping keeper. Typical luck, but then, we had the luck later on when Chelsea hit the post. Not so much Drogbas one, which was always wide, but Lampards. Chelsea were far and away the better side in the 2nd half, Utd just couldn't get on the ball. There was only one winner during that 2nd half in my eyes. It was awful.

Then came ET. I thought it was pretty even. I know Lamps hit the bar and that, but Giggs should have scored - he hsould have taken that one with his right.

Penalties was utter torture. I was in the side stand at the penalties end of the ground, watching JT making his run up was one of the worst moments of my life. Luckily, and for me, a penalty shoot out is luck, we prevailed, and I had probably the happiest moment of my life dancing around that stadium hugging random strangers. To that person way back who said about penalties that it isn't a lottery, that if they practice properly they'll prevail - that just doesn't make sense. If both teams practice properly, does that mean it will go on all night? It comes down to a bit of luck - a slipped centre back, a keeper maknig the right choice etc.

For those who slate JT for taking that penalty, saying he did it for personal glory, I would say, grow up. How do you know he did it for personal glory? I do not like JT, I must say. But I respect himi for having the balls to stand up and take that penalty. I remarked to the lad beside me (a Chelsea fan, bless him, nice bloke and had to put up with me going mental when we won) how, had I been going up to take a penalty at that point, I wouldn't have been able, due to being physically exhausted after watching ... that's WATCHING 120 minutes of football. My legs were wobbling as I stood to watch, god knows how they felt after actually playing.

To say he did it for personal glory, is ridiculous if you ask me. From what I have read before, a lot of managers will ask who is up to taking one. I can imagine there are a lot of players who shirked away, didn't Nicolas Anelka even admit in an interview that he was asked if he wanted to take one of the first 5 but said no? So I assume Grant asked who was willing, and John Terry bravely volunteered. No, I don't like the guy. But I would play for a captain like that, someone with the balls to step forward and take a penalty on a rain soaked pitch, after 120 minutes of energy sapping football in front of millions. That's balls.

Crying after the game? Yeah, I swear he's not a real man because of that. Grow the fook up.

Good post you lucky fecker for being there. Should bring the thread to a nice end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

It happens. Get over it. That u accuse United of being any worse solely because they have a larger number of fans simply highlights what a bitter bitter little person u are. And all the L'pool fans who maoned about United fans doing exactly this to them on here in 2005, u really are helping their cause...
    When did i say there worse because they have more fans.Im not bitter at all.We threw it away in the end it was our fault.You cant just celebrate winning you have to go on and on and on bitching and moaning and picking at things, your pathetic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

chdpoker wrote: »
    When did i say there worse because they have more fans.Im not bitter at all.We threw it away in the end it was our fault.You cant just celebrate winning you have to go on and on and on bitching and moaning and picking at things, your pathetic!

okay. lets stop now.

as in now

as in like now

now?

yep now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

. To that person way back who said about penalties that it isn't a lottery, that if they practice properly they'll prevail - that just doesn't make sense. If both teams practice properly, does that mean it will go on all night? It comes down to a bit of luck - a slipped centre back, a keeper maknig the right choice etc.

I can't agree with that. Lotteries are completely random, like flipping a coin. Shoot outs are the last resort in deciding games that are just too close to call. They are the ultimate test of mental stength, and I believe whoever wins are the worthy winners of a very close contest.

Had Terry scored, ronaldo's miss would be the talking point and we'd probably be watching images of him crying(he always does), believing he cost his team the trophy. Chelsea would've scored 5 out of 5, leaving very few people able to doubt their mental strength, to do what needs to be done to become worthy champions.

All he had to do was hit it hard to the keeper's left and that medal would be his. He knew this as he was taking his run up but something caused him to plant his standing foot badly and make him fall as he hit it.
    He could just be rubbish at penos or maybe his mind was on the celebrations and not at the task at hand. I just think the nerves got the better of him. Whatever made him slip, it certainly wasn't luck.

• Advertisement

Wheather or not its luck is up for debate, but JT missing his peno can hardly be chalked up to lack of bottle/ mental steel. They all took peno's from the same spot, he was simply the unlucky one who fell victim to a slippy surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Wheather or not its luck is up for debate, but JT missing his peno can hardly be chalked up to lack of bottle/ mental steel. They all took peno's from the same spot, he was simply the unlucky one who fell victim to a slippy surface.

Exactly, 14 of them took one from the same spot. One person slipped, and he wouldn't have had he placed his foot better. Sometimes thats all it comes down to. Cruel, definitely, but not unlucky.

I think JT's reputation as a hard english defender is making it difficult for people to admit that the nerves got to him. It was the most daunting moment any footballer would have ever have to face, one kick for the CL trophy.
    While i'm not questioing his bottle in volounteering for the task(in fact, i admire him for it), I find it hard to believe that the nerves didn't get to him a little.

I would be more willing to accept the excuse that he's a center half and, perhaps, shouldn't have taken the peno(he wouldn't have done had drogba been available), than he's just unlucky and he was the victim to the slippy pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Excellent post,

+1 for Rooney too, IMO Uniteds most talented player, can have a bad attitude at times, but hes genuine World Class and fully deserves to be a European Champion. His workrate and reading of the game are phenomenal, without him, Uniteds attack is a lot lot weaker. In a way, its a pity for him Ronnie had such a good season, he hasnt got half the credit he deserves.

No way - I'm a united fan, and Rooney is my favourite player, but he has simply NOT lived up to his potential. Yes he adds an incredible amount to united, but this guy had the potential to be the best in the world. I don't think he'll ever be now.

He seriously needs to improve his finishing and ditch the scowl too. His attitude when he got subbed the other night was IMO disgraceful, and it's that sort of thing that's holding him back.

chdpoker wrote: »

U didnt, im saying that u are saying United are worse. im saying they have more fans so its more noticable.

Im very happy, enjoying my win, and in the case of bitter little people like u, Im defending my club. But Im done. Ive said my piece. Im not humouring your bitter little sideshow anymore, another for my ignore list.

davyjose wrote: »
    No way - I'm a united fan, and Rooney is my favourite player, but he has simply NOT lived up to his potential. Yes he adds an incredible amount to united, but this guy had the potential to be the best in the world. I don't think he'll ever be now.

He is 22

davyjose wrote: »

He seriously needs to improve his finishing and ditch the scowl too. His attitude when he got subbed the other night was IMO disgraceful, and it's that sort of thing that's holding him back.

He doesnt have the flash and noticable skills of certain other players but he;s the engine of our team. i think his drive and determination compensates for the lack of it that Carrick has with his overly relaxed demeanour.

Rooney is crucial to united. And he had a decent season, 3rd highest assists tally in the League behind Ashley young and cesc. Which is great considering he doesnt take any corners or free kicks.

He is 22

Exactly - he's not 18 anymore.

Well, we wont agree on this, but heres how I see it.
    If he takes that peno 100 times, 99 times he'll stay on his feet, wheather or not he scores is not the point. This goes for every player in that match, Its a simple however freak and unlikely error, to make, but it could happen to anybody. Nerves was an issue for everybody, but hardly the deciding factor in him hitting the floor. I do agree that in relation to the rest of the squad he might be crap at penos, but hardly to the extent that he cant stay on his feet when he takes one. It was simply a freak, unfortunate incident, or to nick a phrase from the poker forum, "Bad Variance":D

EDIT: wow, a lot of Rooney discussion got in there in the space of time i was writing that lol

Rooney is crucial to united. And he had a decent season, 3rd highest assists tally in the League behind Ashley young and cesc. Which is great considering he doesnt take any corners or free kicks.

How many goals did he get? Are you genuinely pleased with his haul?

Theres a very interesting stat out there somewhere, which shows United this season(up to February IIRC) with and without Rooney. I know hes a striker, and his goal tally isnt great, but his workrate is immense, he adds a HUGE amount to the team. Anyway, with Ronaldo banging them in left right and center it must be hard to get a look in;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement