Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL Final: United -v- Chelsea

1111213141517»

Comments

davyjose wrote: »
    How many goals did he get? Are you genuinely pleased with his haul?

How many goals did he get?

12 in the league
    2 in the cup
    4 in Europe

Add in the assist tally of 10 for the league and thats a tally that we know of (I dont know his assists tally for Europe and FA Cup) of 28 goals that wouldnt have been scored without him.

Yea im happy enough.

Nobody works harder than him with the exceptions of Tevez, Anderson and Hargreaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

How many goals did he get?

12 in the league
    2 in the cup
    4 in Europe

Add in the assist tally of 10 for the league and thats a tally that we know of (I dont know his assists tally for Europe and FA Cup) of 28 goals that wouldnt have been scored without him.

Yea im happy enough.

Nobody works harder than him with the exceptions of Tevez and Hargreaves.

I'm not. And I'll tell you why: He's not good enough in front of goal this season, and he's too petulant.

I KNOW he can perform better than he has this season. I'm talking mainly in front of goal, but hey! he's a striker. I love Rooney, and i think he can do better. Like I said, he could be the best in the world, but not at the way he's been lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

topnutz wrote: »
    Well, we wont agree on this, but heres how I see it.
    If he takes that peno 100 times, 99 times he'll stay on his feet, wheather or not he scores is not the point. This goes for every player in that match, Its a simple however freak and unlikely error, to make, but it could happen to anybody. Nerves was an issue for everybody, but hardly the deciding factor in him hitting the floor. I do agree that in relation to the rest of the squad he might be crap at penos, but hardly to the extent that he cant stay on his feet when he takes one. It was simply a freak, unfortunate incident, or to nick a phrase from the poker forum, "Bad Variance":D

EDIT: wow, a lot of Rooney discussion got in there in the space of time i was writing that lol

But it wasn't a freak accident. He would've slipped 100/100 times if kept taking the penalty the same way. It's not a coincidence that the only player that slipped, slipped at penalty with the most pressure attached.

Penalties should be easy for all professional footballers, IMO. The whole point of having them is to see how well the player can deal with the pressure of scoring them.

As i said, it was cruel that he slipped. It is horrible that it would happen at such a vital moment, regardless of your opinions on JT. Sayin that it was unlucky because he didn't take it properly is inaccurate though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nobody works harder than him with the exceptions of Tevez and Hargreaves.

Harsh on Anderson imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm not. And I'll tell you why: He's not good enough in front of goal this season, and he's too petulant.

I KNOW he can perform better than he has this season. I'm talking mainly in front of goal, but hey! he's a striker. I love Rooney, and i think he can do better. Like I said, he could be the best in the world, but not at the way he's been lately.

agreed - its annoying. However, without him we lack shape, he gives the team shape (somehow!) which is very important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I cant really be bothered reading all this TBH.
    Just wondering if the coverage of "Englands Shame" has been as censored as the BBC's? ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

So you clearly think he#s reached his full potential at 22. Yeah well done there.

His attitude has improved every year at man u, and yeah he's missed a few chances but no one can fault his work rate and never say die attitude.

I love wayne rooney, he's the second player after Scholes i admire most. I love how he plays soccer. I think he reaction at getting subbed was fair enough, he didn't want to go off in the biggest game of his career, a match he prob knew he could have played better in, but as pointed out he carved open two of our clearest chances and was an outlet for the defence the whole match.

He would be the most difficult player to replace if he left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Exactly - he's not 18 anymore.
    So what,after 22 there's no room for improvement?!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

More crying images

fence-jtcryjab.jpg

fnz1wi.jpg

hva92p2x4finbu58giw2.jpg

jt-1.jpg

6nintj16nhdklds0c7pr.jpg

lhujkom1ia05m1badn3p.jpg

yzcheund6mpq6i6ba6k.jpg

2cqb0wg.jpg

paris-crying-police-car.jpg

terry2.jpg

y15espkvxqxlfsj3aw80.jpg

hrk7904uporvefxwfi9x.jpg

b47yb9.jpg

• Advertisement

DesF wrote: »
    Harsh on Anderson imo

Good point, I have to include the little magician now in that actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

kmart6 wrote: »
    So what,after 22 there's no room for improvement?!:confused:

I never said that. My point is: he needs to be performing to the best of his ability.
    Anyone claiming he is doing that, is serving the guy a bigger injustice than I am.
    It's not just his fault - Fergie plays him out of position quite a lot, which never fails to infuriate me. And I think this has knocked his confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

Just rewatched the peno's and the cup presentation on http://www.vimeo.com/1052956
    Have to say I enjoyed it better the second time round!! I was so nervous during the penos and then was too busy dancing around going crazy to watch the build up to the cup presentation. Fair play to Nani and Anderson for taking big pressure penos like real pro's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah I was fairly convinced that Nani was gonna miss. Alot of pressure for himself and Anderson to be under. I had little doubt that Ando would find the net though! :D Scores his first goal for the club in the Champions League final :p

Advertisement