Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL Final: United -v- Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I'm watching Chelsea live training on MUTV and Makalele has just made a ridiculous 2 footed lunge on Ashley Cole:eek:
    Cole has got treatment and is now being helped from the pitch by 2 people and is hobbling heavily - looks like ankle injury.
    Imagine missing the final because of this - what was Makalele thinking!?

Edit: now on SSN. Cole back out with strapping on, looks comfortable enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

kmart6 wrote: »
    Have to laugh at the way Wes has only been asked one individual question!

These press conference things are beyond pointless. One cliche after another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nunu wrote: »
    Cole back out with strapping on, looks comfortable enough.

He had to go off again,was able to walk and didn't seem to be limping so I'd still expect him to be playing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Nunu wrote: »
    I'm watching Chelsea live training on MUTV and Makalele has just made a ridiculous 2 footed lunge on Ashley Cole:eek:
    Cole has got treatment and is now being helped from the pitch by 2 people and is hobbling heavily - looks like ankle injury.
    Imagine missing the final because of this - what was Makalele thinking!?

He was thinking what the rest of us were thinking. Must kill Ashley Cole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Mind games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

So nobody listens to what the ref said after the game.

If the Linesman did not say it was a goal he was going to award a pen and send Cech off, but i guess that does not count for all those Liverpool haters.

10 men have never gone on to win a match before then?

Archimedes wrote: »
    Mind games
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

He was thinking what the rest of us were thinking. Must kill Ashley Cole.

I just saw the tackle on SSN, not as bad as i heard and some made out to be. Ashley Cole looked fine to me, but im sure Rooney can work on that tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Rooney's the boy with the metetarsil made of glass though, tbh, I'm happy with Bridgy in there anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Ashley Cole will be fine, but it's bizarre that players would be diving into tackles like that the day before the biggest game of the season and the biggest game of their career for some of them, Ashley Cole included. Surely they should be staying on their feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    I'm sick of these FÚCKING polls with options for all the different fans.
    Fairly thick carry-on.

agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Ouch. Thats tough luck. even as a man utd fan i can sympathise a bit. :)

From bbc....

More than 200 football fans have been stranded at Gatwick airport after their flight to Moscow for the final of the Champions League was cancelled.
    The 224 Chelsea supporters had planned to fly to Russia on a special charter flight, leaving the airport's south terminal at 0555 BST.
    An airport spokesman said a technical problem caused the cancellation.
    Some of the fans have left the airport because they are too late to get to the match, which starts at 1945 BST.
    Manchester United and Chelsea are competing to become the European champions in the competition's first all-England final.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I think I'd probably prefer Chelsea to win, but then the prospect of Cashley scoring a last minute OG to lose the game is rather appealing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Ouch. Thats tough luck. even as a man utd fan i can sympathise a bit. :)

From bbc....

More than 200 football fans have been stranded at Gatwick airport after their flight to Moscow for the final of the Champions League was cancelled.
    The 224 Chelsea supporters had planned to fly to Russia on a special charter flight, leaving the airport's south terminal at 0555 BST.
    An airport spokesman said a technical problem caused the cancellation.
    Some of the fans have left the airport because they are too late to get to the match, which starts at 1945 BST.
    Would have been class if Roman Abramo got word of this and did a 'Niall Quinn' and chartered a fleet of his private jets to pick them all up to arrive in time.

As a neutral, I'm just looking forward to a great game of football. Got a feeling the pressure and occasion might get to both sets of teams, and there's gonna be a lot of mistakes. I could easily see a 3-2 match.... not sure in who's favour though. We can only hope!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Totally ridiculous poll when involving teams not in the final.
    No offence to the OP but this is like someting my 5 year old and his class mates would poll on.
    Im a Liverpol fan but a football fan before anything else,may the best team win.
    Both great teams who have played the best football this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I can't handle my nerves anymore. Come on United!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Anyone out there think it WONT be a boring final?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

It will be boring,when United takes 4-0 lead till half time it wont be interesting anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Would have been class if Roman Abramo got word of this and did a 'Niall Quinn' and chartered a fleet of his private jets to pick them all up to arrive in time.!

you know what? he probably should have! technically they haver paid enough money to chelski to afford the flight cost! ah well must just be the irish that care for the fans! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

We All Love Leeds! We All Love Leeds! We All Love Leeds! We All Love Leeds!

Dcully wrote: »
    Totally ridiculous poll when involving teams not in the final.
    No offence to the OP but this is like someting my 5 year old and his class mates would poll on.
    Im a Liverpol fan but a football fan before anything else,may the best team win.
    Both great teams who have played the best football this season.

Right this was already done at the start of the thread,getting a bit old now,only put Liverpool in casue of their involvement in the semi,no need to b1tch and moan about it in fairness!
    We All Love Leeds! We All Love Leeds! We All Love Leeds! We All Love Leeds!

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Im hoping for an early goal to get this game going. Im a neutral so it going into extra time would be good but not if its going to be a boring 0-0. Id settle for 1-1 :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

As a united fan, I'm hoping for a 2-2 in normal time, then ET and penalties with united to win 5-4 with the little red monster knocking in the final penalty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I'm a neutral, think Man U will will. I hope there are goals, no 0-0 till the 81 minute please!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

As a united fan, I'm hoping for a 2-2 in normal time, then ET and penalties with united to win 5-4 with the little red monster knocking in the final penalty!

Ooo that sounds like fun!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Right this was already done at the start of the thread,getting a bit old now,only put Liverpool in casue of their involvement in the semi,no need to b1tch and moan about it in fairness!

I didnt read any of the thread such was the nature of the poll.
    Barca were in the semi also,i dont see an option for them :)

As another Arsenal fan said to me today. "Who will I be sticking up for Chelsea or Man U? Thats like asking me who was nicer, Hitler or Hussein"

:D

Dcully wrote: »
    I didnt read any of the thread such was the nature of the poll.
    Barca were in the semi also,i dont see an option for them :)
    Put Liverpool into it due to the fact they are also a British team,and that they have a very big fan base in both Ireland and here on Boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

hands up who thinks tonight's match will be a dire affair?

*me*

• Advertisement

Ballack and A Cole start for Chelsea....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Line-ups

Van der sar

Brown----Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Evra

Hargreaves----Scholes ---Carrick

Rooney
    Tevez
    Ronaldo

Cech

Essien
    Terry
    Carvalho
    Cole

Ballack--Makalele--Lampard

Cole
    Drogba
    Malouda

Very happy with that United team!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

So, how much involvement will the ref have tonight then ? Reckon there will be at least one dodgy penalty given tonight, is the linesman Russian ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Hopefully Cronaldo gets hit by lightning.

So, how much involvement will the ref have tonight then ? Reckon there will be at least one dodgy penalty given tonight, is the linesman Russian ?

You are obssessed with the refs:D;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

both those teams are absolutely sick. lets hope the football lives up to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Very offensive teams for tonight:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Very offensive teams for tonight:D
    Agreed, any team with Rio in it offends me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Chelsea could be quite weak down the wings. I expect Evra to bomb forward a lot and so Cole could spend most of the time dealing with him while Malouda hasn't set the world alight. If United can dominate the midfield then they can starve Drogba of service. Big performances needed tonight from Carrick, Scholes and Hargreaves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

is bill showing his alligence to united tonight??? :D

hands up who thinks tonight's match will be a dire affair?

*me*

Me.
    If United approach this one like they did the Barca game at the Nou Camp, I'll be asleep by half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Chelsea to win after pens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I better not have gotten up for another bore fest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

The odds are in favour of a poor game.

Two English teams who know each other very well, in an uber-hyped final - bound to be dire.

As Dunphy said unless there is an early goal can see it being poor

Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

3 minutes in, no goals. Knew it was gonna be crap :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Don't like the stadium. Athletics track is killing atmosphere.
    Doesn't feel like a final early on

Pitch looks ok - play very scrappy - no-one getting any time on the ball - shocking number of balls hoofed long in the first five minutes.

Pitch looks ok - play very scrappy - no-one getting any time on the ball - shocking number of balls hoofed long in the first five minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I know this is completely random but Chelsea have small letters on back of their jerseys. First ive seen any club lettering like this or am I wrong?

Advertisement