Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL Final: United -v- Chelsea

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

maybe there werent a huge amount of volunteers to take Penos on Chelseas side and he just did what a captain does and stepped up. not one of my favourite players but I feel sorry for him.

woulda liked if united had continued playing like they did in the first had and truely been the better side and thus really deserving of another CL title. In 99 they robbed Bayern, in 08 its penalties.

Congrats though, enjoy it Man utd fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Terry and Lampard look unbelievably gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I feel for Terry. That will be tough to live down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i REALLY hope that penalty miss ruins Terry, he is not a nice person and deserves it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Last Chelski game for Lamps?

Ronaldo off to Madrid now he's won it all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

hope he does go.... utd be nothing without him.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

delighted for ferguson, deserves this champions league before he retires.....whenever that may be!

Did Bobby take a peno or something? WTF are they giving him a medal for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

vidic for motm??

platini acting like a fool, trying to give a medal to booby charlton, fair play to bobby to turn it down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

staker wrote: »
    vidic for motm??

I'd have gone for Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Congrats United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Did Bobby take a peno or something? WTF are they giving him a medal for?

sure peter kenyon got one for chelsea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

he had a good game too, delighted he stood up to the chelsea boys when they circled him...a great cl final, feel sorry for terry, and glad they didn't win it. 1 goal a game isn't enough

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

event wrote: »
    sure peter kenyon got one for chelsea?

sure he thinks he gonna get his old job back :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

DSB wrote: »
    Liverpool aren't a good enough side to even be factored into this.

you're a child it was obviously(EXTREMELY OBVIOUS) that is was a little joke, so just stay quite little child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Exit wrote: »
    Fair play to Scholes. The pitchside reporter on the telly here said as soon as Van Der Sar saved it, while the Utd players ran off celebrating, Scholes went to the Chelsea players to console them.

Have to agree with Exit here, really what a "Professional," footballer should be.
    Fair play to Scholesy, and deserves his medal after '99.

Great game from a neutral POV as well.

mayordenis wrote: »
    you're a child it was obviously(EXTREMELY OBVIOUS) that is was a little joke, so just stay quite little child.

Coming from the man with the grammar and spelling of a child, I'm not going to take huge offence to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Fair play United, second best on the night, but certainly the better team all season. God it would have been so sweet to be able to say Ronaldo lost it for them with his rediculous peno, but not to be, hard luck JT. Id like to say we'll be back next year even stronger but with the seemingly inevitable mass exodus from the club I doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well that was quite a decent final.

Just a pity about the pitch, the weather, the diving, the "cramp", and the violence.

Mike.

does dunphy watch the premier league, "that's his style", i mean wtf? i dont think he has the stuttered step this season, if at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Good match from a neutrals point of view, although having 2 teams from the same league in the final actually has taken the edge off it for me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Coming from the man with the grammar and spelling of a child, I'm not going to take huge offence to that.

what putting in one "y" incorrectly, you are a simpleton, i don't want you to take offence i just want you to stop posting ****. It was a ****ing joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i dunno, on a night were u just won the champions league u seem to be awful quick to have a snipe at liverpool over a joke. and slagging over spelling and grammar on teh net is lame at best

Jazzy wrote: »
    i dunno, on a night were u just won the champions league u seem to be awful quick to have a snipe at liverpool over a joke. and slagging over spelling and grammar on teh net is lame at best

I don't support United.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh I forgot to mention blatent attempts to man mark the ref.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Call_me_al wrote: »
    does dunphy watch the premier league, "that's his style", i mean wtf? i dont think he has the stuttered step this season, if at all?

Did it against Arsenal, twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭raemie21

Who was MOTM? Vidic?

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Good match from a neutrals point of view, although having 2 teams from the same league in the final actually has taken the edge off it for me.

agreed but i enjoyed it in the end, fair play to united for winning it. as the boys in the studio were saying if you win it you deserve it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

mike65 wrote: »

Just a pity about the pitch, the weather, the diving, the "cramp", and the violence.

yeah that was my only real problem with it. aside from that it was quite enjoyable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

And normality is restored to the Soccer forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOTM - Vidic imo. pure quality.. ferdi is nothing without him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭raemie21

yeah thinking Vidic but no formal announcement yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

mada999 wrote: »

+2.................GET RID OF HIM!!!!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Don't think anyone will begrudge United of being the best team in Europe overall this season, so in that respect they deserve to be European champions... However, I do think over the entire game tonight they came up 2nd best, but that doesn't matter in football, every great team needs a bit of luck... One of the better CL finals in the past 5 years...

topnutz wrote: »
    +2.................GET RID OF HIM!!!!:pac:

tongue in cheek my friend, tongue in cheek...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

mada999 wrote: »

Ya had Drogba in his pocket all night then got him sent off, which was a bonus.

Nice of Ronaldo to drop to the ground (and have a sneaky look at the dugout) and get the limelight on himself when the rest of the lads went celebrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

I won't begrudge them, but Chelsea sure were unlucky. Poor John Terry.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Ya had Drogba in his pocket all night then got him sent off, which was a bonus.

Nice of Ronaldo to drop to the ground (and have a sneaky look at the dugout) and get the limelight on himself when the rest of the lads went celebrating.

In fairness, Drogba was carrying an injury and looked completely unfit...

• Advertisement

denashpot wrote: »
    jammy united s**m. make ya sick they would! :mad:

Jammy? They could have been a good few ahead easily before Chelsea got their equaliser. Maybe Chelsea shaded it due to the way they played in the second half, but calling them jammy just makes you look bitter. You'd swear Chelsea played United off the park from start to finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

United champions of Europe! Come on you reds!

Must be a terrible night for all the begrudgers. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Jammy? They could have been a good few ahead easily before Chelsea got their equaliser. Maybe Chelsea shaded it due to the way they played in the second half, but calling them jammy just makes you look bitter. You'd swear Chelsea played United off the park from start to finish.

Dont even bother replying to that we are European and Domestic Champions :pac: whatever team they support won crap all .....

There may be some bannings afoot me thinks......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

+1

What a game! Felt that the first half was the most entertaining,second and extra time weeren't great!

C'mon UNITED:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Could have been so much worse if United had been beaten and the bitter Liverpool brigade got their way in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭denashpot

get a life man! your worse than the FA. :D;)

soccer does get emotional. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Sorry Xavi but haven't had a chance to read through the whole thread(only in from pub)! Why would there be bannings?!

Could have been so much worse if United had been beaten and the bitter Liverpool brigade got their way in here.

Possibly, though there are a fair few antagonising comments being lashed out at the moment, isn't that right Archimedes?

• Advertisement

Possibly, though there are a fair few antagonising comments being lashed out at the moment, isn't that right Archimedes?

Yeah, pretty unnecessary.

Advertisement