Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripped Cheque - Can i lodge it

Options
  • 30-04-2008 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

Note sure where to post this one - my wife was doing some housekeeping and accidentally ripped a cheque (thought the envelope was empty) into three bits.. I have retrieved the sections but will the bank take the cheque?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Take it into the bank and ask them. Worst they can say is no. You can always give it back to whoever you got it from and they will give you another cheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tbv_008

Just to let you know that they took the cheque - sellotaped it back together (had all 4 pieces). Think once the numbers at the bottom and the amount/signatures are clearly legible, it's ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 techdude

Interesting... whats to stop people ripping a cheque in a way that the amount is on a separate piece to the signature and account number etc? If you had a chequebook from the same bank you could pick whatever amount you want!?

I'm sure if it was an amount of any significance they would call the account holder before honouring the cheque anyway. I get a call if a cheque for over 10k is lodged on the business account.

Advertisement