Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need planning permission agent to help

• 30-04-2008 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    I need planning permission for a window in the front of my house. I have not got it together to sort it out myself. It's dragging on.
    Is there some agency / services that can help? Someone that I can throw a reasonable amount of money at and they will help me. I got a quote from a guy for 1100 euro but felt this was too high. That's the only guy I could find in the Golden Pages, newspapers, or internet during my searching.

Please advise or PM some name and number.
    Am in Dublin 8.

Thanks a lot in advance.

JohnnyDrama

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

First thing first. As you rightly said yourself PM any contact names or phone numbers.

It appears that you are stuck in the middle of a planning application. Can the person who prepared the plans etc not help you out?

If not the you could try the Golden pages under "planning consultants" and ring round for a couple of quotes. You could also check planning applications on the councils web site and see who acted for who.

Have a look also at An Bord Pleanala's web site and select "decided cases" and then pick your local area. Have a trawl through a few of those as most people who lodge appeals will have someone acting on their behalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

If your house is a basic semi-detached then 1100 is a little high. It all depends on how much work there will be in measuring up and drawing. The actual admin costs for submitting even a small application are about 400euro....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

advert €150
    os maps €55
    site survey - including adjacent properties all dimemsioned and levelled - min 2days to measure and draw up 16 hours
    complete application form ( download one and have a look before you say "whats the big deal" ) 1 hour
    site notice - laminated - erected 1 hour
    print 6 copies of drawings ( cost €4-5 each for A1 drawings )
    post + packaging

€1100 works out around €50 per hour . To be taxed . Those who think that's money for old rope - go for it then

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sinnerboy wrote: »
    advert €150
    os maps €55
    site survey - including adjacent properties all dimemsioned and levelled - min 2days to measure and draw up 16 hours
    complete application form ( download one and have a look before you say "whats the big deal" ) 1 hour
    site notice - laminated - erected 1 hour
    print 6 copies of drawings ( cost €4-5 each for A1 drawings )
    post + packaging

€1100 works out around €50 per hour . To be taxed . Those who think that's money for old rope - go for it then

fully agree, i think 1100 is a fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JohnnyDrama

Thanks for the replies, they were very helpful. Sorry about the slow reply, I was away for the weekend.
    JohnnyDrama

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Planning permission for changes / extension to existing house, will require your Agent to survey and draw up the whole house... not just the new window / extension. €1100 is very reasonable, especially near the big smoke

Advertisement