Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do you think of Libertarianism ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Social libertarianism is the highest form of civilization, and my entire life is dedicated to persuing it.

Economic libertarianism is unjust, I think. A healthy mix of socialsim and free market capitalism is the best situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭o Diablo o

oscarBravo wrote: »
    It takes a serious leap of imagination to describe an entire banking system as a "private organisation". What law? The Fed was established by an act of Congress. If it was unconstitutional, I'm sure the Supreme Court would have noticed by now.

In regards to the fed, It is in fact a privately owned organisation. The federal reserve prints money and then(shockingly) loans this at interest to congress. As congress has the power to dissolve the fed and print money itself, this is indeed a puzzling situation.

The federal reserve was rushed into being in 1913(possibly wrong with the date I'm running on memory) , and in fact was never ratified by enough states to make it legal. Several in depth documentaries exist on the subject and can be found on google video. I suggest 'Fiat Empire - Why the Federal Reserve Violates the U.S. Constitution'.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

o Diablo o wrote: »
    In regards to the fed, It is in fact a privately owned organisation.
    This is a bland repetition of the point to which I replied, and continues to ignore the fact that to describe an entire fiscal system as "a private organisation" is as inaccurate an oversimplification as it would be for me to counter that the Fed is a "government organisation".
    The federal reserve was rushed into being in 1913(possibly wrong with the date I'm running on memory) , and in fact was never ratified by enough states to make it legal.
    Can you demonstrate that such ratification was actually required for legality?
    Several in depth documentaries exist on the subject and can be found on google video. I suggest 'Fiat Empire - Why the Federal Reserve Violates the U.S. Constitution'.
    Again, I ask the question: why has nobody brought a case to the Supreme Court to test the constitutionality of the Fed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

o Diablo o wrote: »
    In regards to the fed, It is in fact a privately owned organisation. The federal reserve prints money and then(shockingly) loans this at interest to congress. As congress has the power to dissolve the fed and print money itself, this is indeed a puzzling situation.

The federal reserve was rushed into being in 1913(possibly wrong with the date I'm running on memory) , and in fact was never ratified by enough states to make it legal. Several in depth documentaries exist on the subject and can be found on google video. I suggest 'Fiat Empire - Why the Federal Reserve Violates the U.S. Constitution'.

Good video

The Federal Reserve

Article I, Section 8, Clause 5, of the United States Constitution provides that Congress shall have the power to coin money and regulate the value thereof and of any foreign coins. But that is not the case. The United States government has no power to issue money, control the flow of money, or to even distribute it - that belongs to a private corporation registered in the State of Delaware - the Federal Reserve Bank.
    more details on thre below link
    http://www.populistamerica.com/federal_reserve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

oscarBravo wrote: »
    The Federal Reserve is not an organisation, public or private. It's a system. The Federal Reserve board is appointed under Congressional oversight. The Federal Reserve banks are "privately owned" in the metaphysical sense that privately-owned banks are required by law to hold stock in it.

It takes a serious leap of imagination to describe an entire banking system as a "private organisation". What law? The Fed was established by an act of Congress. If it was unconstitutional, I'm sure the Supreme Court would have noticed by now.

This is moving out of the realm of theory.

did you watch the video
    FIAT EMPIRE - Why the Federal Reserve Violates the U.S. Constitution - 59 min - Dec 5, 2006
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5232639329002339531&ei=X1ijSLXPEIm8igKg_eCmDA&q=Fiat+Empire+-+Why+the+Federal+Reserve+Violates+the+U.S.+Constitution%27.&hl=en

FIAT EMPIRE
    Why the Federal Reserve Violates the U.S. Constitution

The Gross National Debt

Find out why some feel the Federal Reserve's practices are a violation of the U.S. Constitution and others feel it's simply "a bunch of organized crooks." Discover why experts agree the Fed is a banking cartel that benefits mainly bankers and their corporate clients as well as a Congress that would rather increase the National Debt to $9 trillion than raise taxes. Find out how the corporate media facilitates the partnership between the Fed and Congress and why it fails to disclose what's going on. Lastly, find out how the Federal Reserve Member Banks are owned and controlled by an elite group of insiders

This Award-winning documentary features presidential candidate RON PAUL (R-Texas) and is inspired by The Creature from Jekyll Isalnd a book by well-known author and FREEDOM FORCE founder, G. Edward Griffin.

Also featured is Dr. Edwin Vieira, Ph.D., J.D. from Harvard (a foremost authority on the Constitution and the author of Pieces of Eight) who discusses the Fed and various long-term studies which indicate that the Federal Reserve System encourages war, destabilizes the economy, generates inflation (a hidden tax) and is the supreme instrument of unjust enrichment for a select group of insiders. Dr. Theodore Baehr (founder of MOVIEGUIDE®) rounds out the show by discussing the relationship between the Media, the Fed and the Government and why you never see these issues discussed on network TV or in the mainstream media.

Accordingly, the government-licensed networks and those living off the fiat money system are probably not going to distribute FIAT EMPIRE so the burden may fall upon word-of-mouth distribution from people like you -- responsible citizens that care.

Bear in mind that twice before in our nation's history, the People have voted down a central bank similar to the Federal Reserve System. We can do it again if we are able to explain to enough people why the national debt and the trade deficit -- currently over $600 billion -- are going to crash the fiat empire sooner or later. FIAT EMPIRE defines the problem and proposes a number of solutions to correct the situation and bring back a Constitutional monetary system to the United States.
    http://www.fiatempire.com/

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Belfast, final warning: links to videos and copy/paste from other websites aren't a substitute for discussion. If you want to discuss a topic, do so in your own words and be prepared to answer questions you're asked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement