Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

conflict of interest

Options
  • 01-05-2008 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

today there were some posts on this forum that were locked and then removed from the forum these posts were talking about airsofting and issues concerning the first enmass gathering of airsoft players in the country the fact that these posts were removed can only suggest that a conflict of interest exists with the people who hold possition on the committee of the iaa and also serve as moderators on boards
    this is not ethicall correct and can only be perceived as a negative for airsoft

in order that there can be transparent dialogue this should not continue
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

there are mods who are also positional in the iaa?

tbh, no offence to mods on this forum, but ive been with boards for so so so so many years now, and i have found it very pr, harsh and ridiculously by the book, its definatly not a speak your mind place.

for "contraversial" chat mirc or something is much better served, boards is more for just reviews, fact, announcements.

its being the way of boards for years and wont change, especially after legal action that has been taken on so many times with members or the website itself.

just something you have to accept, but it helps to not be contraversial and it makes the mods have an easier time and makes them seem less facist.

rules are there for a reason and they have to be inforced, lets not forget they are players too and they want to talk about certain topics etc, but cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,961 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

major sims wrote: »
    today there were some posts on this forum that were locked and then removed from the forum these posts were talking about airsofting and issues concerning the first enmass gathering of airsoft players in the country the fact that these posts were removed can only suggest that a conflict of interest exists with the people who hold possition on the committee of the iaa and also serve as moderators on boards
    this is not ethicall correct and can only be perceived as a negative for airsoft

Moved to feedback.

One thread was soft deleted as the owner of the site contacted me and asked for it to be removed. There is no great mod conspiracy. I am also not an IAA committee member and neither is Rew.

You'd want to get your facts straight before throwing accusations around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

oh god., here we go again.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭JohnReisman

Doctor. Doctor. Boy am I glad I'm not sick!! :D

10 points to the first one who identifies the guy saying it

• Registered Users Posts: 83,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well Ive run out of sympathy :D only because Ive tried posting on that PULSE site - lol, believe me if you think this place is bad for conflict of interest and silencing oppossing opinions, give that place a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,961 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

In relation to IAA threads, all I can really say is this.- Any time they are attempted, several people who seem to have major problems with the association come on and deliberately try and destroy the thread by posting borderline trollish posts.

When the threads are locked and/or appropriate action is taken against these posters, they start shouting 'IAA CONSPIRACY!!'.

So should we just allow people to troll the forum without doing anything? No, I don't think so. The forum was about to fall to pieces a little while back because of this. As a result, a warning was put up -

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055243139

As I've said time and time again, the Irish Airsoft Association have their own forums. If you have a problem with them, post about it over there. We're sick (and that includes all the forum regulars) of reading about it over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

ive been with boards for so so so so many years now,

/me looks at registration date. You've more so's in that sentence than years since you registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Major sims: you might want to check your facts before you go accusing people of acting on behalf of the IAA, I am the only moderator who is also on the committee for the IAA, and at that, I am the technical adviser, not exactly a key position. o1s1n was chairman for a brief time, however he is no longer on the committee by his own choice.

As o1s1n also pointed out, the posts were bordering on trolling, the IAA have their own forum and if you wish to discuss matters pertaining to the IAA, contact the committee directly or post on the IAA forum.

As has been re-iterated many many many times before boards.ie's Airsoft forum is not the IAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

o1s1n wrote: »
    One thread was soft deleted as the owner of the site contacted me and asked for it to be removed.
    = case closed. When you get your own site OP you can make up your own rules. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

there are mods who are also positional in the iaa?

tbh, no offence to mods on this forum, but ive been with boards for so so so so many years now, and i have found it very pr, harsh and ridiculously by the book, its definatly not a speak your mind place.

Im not even a member of the IAA let alone on the comittee. We get between 5 and 30 reported posts a week on the airsoft forum. Its cazy how people act on there to be honest. There is speaking your mind and using boards to attack others constantly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

firstly i have had more then this account

secondly i understand the stupidty that goes on throughout boards and have mentioned how it is our responsability also..

but still some stuff annoys the **** outa me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

o1s1n wrote: »

As I've said time and time again, the Irish Airsoft Association have their own forums. If you have a problem with them, post about it over there. We're sick (and that includes all the forum regulars) of reading about it over here.

Exactly. Its obvious that whenever theres an issue with the IAA it kicks off here on boards. How about putting something in the charter to keep all IAA related topics on their site and not boards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Isnt airsoft for grown men who want to play Action Man??? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I really don't see how you can draw parallel between GTac and the IAA.

For those that don't frequent Airsoft forum, a Thread appeared could be viewed as slanderous as such it was deleted as is normal in such cases across all of boards. The Thread had nothing really to do with the IAA.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I haven't tried airsoft yet (hopefully will get around to it at some point), so I'm only guessing here, but I would have thought that running around a field with a bunch of people shooting each other with toy guns would be a great way to relieve stress and lead to much happyness. But everytime I look at the airsoft forum there's people bitching and moaning about the IAA, which afaik isn't some statutory or regulatory body which controls airsoft, and people are just free to ignore if they like, or they can even split away and form their own group if they like (People's Judean Front ftw).

It's not often you get to say something like this, but I think people need to stop worrying so much about politics and spend more time running around shooting each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

TBH most of the people that bitch don't play that often, some who were moaning about the galway games weren't even there ffs, citing "fact" that yekno, they overheard brief mention of etc.

Like one "major incident" was a guy getting stressed and saying fcuk off to two guys, he has since apologised and they are all mates again.

Of course the keyboard warriors dont know this so use it as flack to slag off anyone they can.

Its absolute nonsense most of the time, real rubbish.

@ Faceman: Yup, you should try it, its a great laugh!
    its essentially more realistic paintball.

faceman wrote: »
    Isnt airsoft for grown men who want to play Action Man??? :p

Isnt trolling for losers with nothing better to do or say? ;)

but still some stuff annoys the **** outa me

Like?

This post seems to contradict your earlier post about speaking your mind etc. and takes our postion about stop filling the board up with ****e. Maybe im readin it all wong?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Motosam wrote: »
    Like one "major incident" was a guy getting stressed and saying fcuk off to two guys, he has since apologised and they are all mates again.

I found that funny, all I would have done was start a thread telling them they can still **** off. Pretty much just stirring crap over nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Rew wrote: »
    Isnt trolling for losers with nothing better to do or say? ;)

Isnt this feedback?

• Advertisement

Isnt this feedback?

It is but I think your confuseing it with Afterhours :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Wow, not a single full stop or comma in the entire OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Rew wrote: »
    It is but I think your confuseing it with Afterhours :D

More likely the T'Dome! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

bonkey wrote: »
    /me looks at registration date. You've more so's in that sentence than years since you registered.
    You so so so so took the words out of my mouth! :D
    firstly i have had more then this account
    So have I (not! ;)), I've been here so so so so long that I can't even remember my previous accounts' passwords - and they were all lowercase with no punctuation as well. I tried to retrieve them from the teletype spool, but no joy.

And people calling airsofters 'Action Men' really want to be 'Ken'. shot.

Not your ornery onager

I found that funny, all I would have done was start a thread telling them they can still **** off. Pretty much just stirring crap over nothing.

The lads involved weren't even complaining, the sh1t stirrers just jumped on it and used it for themselves, didn't even involve them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i wasnt aware of this palava until you made it public ot the wider world.

you are responsible for all of us looking down our noses at airsoft.

anyway, can yis not afford real guns or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,958 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

jesus i never thought of using real guns! :eek:

lads, quick everyone get a licence so we can shoot each other with live

rounds in a skirmish! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

you've shown us the light :pac::rolleyes:

:cool::cool::cool:

Just cant afford the bribes afterwards with a field full of dead people in camo.

Advertisement