Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to catch a killer? Cover up job on throat tattoo?

Options
  • 01-05-2008 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

The third anniversary of my little sisters murder has just passed, her killer is still out there shielded and helped to escape by his family and friends, myself and my brother have decided to do our best to achieve via the internet what Interpol, the Gardai and the Irish media have failed to do and that's track him down. There are hundreds of people on these lists they know hundreds of other people, maybe someone might spot him, it is a long shot but it is the only shot we have. The Gardai in Ireland have been uwilling to issue a photo or even a description of the suspect to the media as they both fear being sued, it seems criminals have more rights than victims. Unlike in the UK i.e Crime Watch, the Irish media will not risk implying that a certain person may have something to do with a crime. I will be looking into the possibility of asking UK crime watch if they will cover this but I doubt they will since it is out of their jurisdiction.
    There is a tribute to my sister on you tube here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm5BJKCKPQg
    so anyone who wants to can get a very small idea of the person who was taken from us in the most brutal and horrific fashion.
    REMEMBER THIS IS A CALL FOR INFORMATION LEADING TO HIS ARREST NOT FOR ACTION!!
    The suspect is in his mid/late 30's, dark brown hair, (may have dreads) slim/medium build, the most distinctive thing about him is the tattoo on the front of his throat like this udjatsign.gif Has anyone done a cover up job on a tattoo like this on an Irish guy in the last three years?
    He is Irish, from the west coast so a strong accent, drug taker so will mingle in those circles, he may very well be on the run in the UK but could be anywhere. If you see or have seen anyone fitting this description please contact me or the police in Ireland at Gort Gardai Station 00353 91 636407 or your local police, he is listed with Interpol so should flag up in the details are entered.
    Emer grew up in Ennistymon Co Clare on the West coast of Ireland, she was murdered in a place called Ballyborna near the Galway border.
    Many thanks for reading.
    Spitzy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Bump!!!

Just in case people haven't seen this. I really hope her killer is caught. Her tribute on you tube is lovely, it would really bring a tear to your eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Spitzy

Thanks Lorweld:)

Spitzy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

that's awful... such a waste of life and only complete scum could cause such heartache in many lives, I sincerly hope the person i caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 backonceagain

that truly is a terrible thing. Can we get a look at the picture you had as a reference? I can't see one here.

that truly is a terrible thing. Can we get a look at the picture you had as a reference? I can't see one here.

I think the picture is of the tattoo this man has on his throat. I doubt if the op could post a pic of the suspect due to legal implications. hth

• Advertisement

Hi all.
    Thanks for all you kind words.
    The drawing on this link is similar to his tattoo http://www.caoilta.co.uk/common/udjatsign.gif
    Even if I had a photo I wouldnt be able to post it here :mad:

Many thanks
    Spitzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I seen a guy in work today with a small enough tattoo on the side of his neck and I instantly started thinking about this. His tatto wasn't quite like the one above but still jumped out at me after reading this

Thats exactly what we want...people to be on the lookout ;)
    Spitzy
    Le Rack wrote: »
    I seen a guy in work today with a small enough tattoo on the side of his neck and I instantly started thinking about this. His tatto wasn't quite like the one above but still jumped out at me after reading this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i deleted a post earlier as your description reminded me of someone (realised he was too young). you pmed me though and told you what i know. i really hope you find him. did he just disappear after being accused?

My sisters body was found in his burnt out mobile home, he was questioned then released after the max time allowed, the police were putting the evidence together and to cut a long story short he vanished.
    Spitzy
    i deleted a post earlier as your description reminded me of someone (realised he was too young). you pmed me though and told you what i know. i really hope you find him. did he just disappear after being accused?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

jeeze yep sounds guilty alright. really hope you have some luck catching him. its awful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Maybe sticky this?

Could you tell us his name?

Melion wrote: »
    Maybe sticky this?

Could you tell us his name?
    I would be eternally grateful if it could be stickied, as for his name I'm afraid that I can not divulge this, he is very unlikely to be using it anyway.
    Many thanks
    Spizy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Where did he live? Maybe try all the tattoo parlours around the area, there really couldnt be that many

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

My god. My sincerest sympathies go out to you and your families. How do you know he had a cover-up? Just thinking, have you visited some of the tattoo artists in your area with this image and asked them? I will keep a look out myself, and I truely hope this sick sick individual is caught soon.

Galway. He would not have hung around there for very long, every cop was looking for him, he is further afield than that.
    Spitzy

My god. My sincerest sympathies go out to you and your families. How do you know he had a cover-up? Just thinking, have you visited some of the tattoo artists in your area with this image and asked them? I will keep a look out myself, and I truely hope this sick sick individual is caught soon.
    Thanks Fantasy.
    We dont know if he has had a cover up or not but that tattoo is like a brand on him, everyone knows to look out for it, it would be logical for him to try and cover it up with something else. We are searching everywhere and posting where we can, contacting the tattoo community in the uk and ireland is just one avenue we are exploring. The more people who know that there is a killer on the loose with this tattoo on his neck the more likely he will be spotted by someone.
    Spitzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Have you supplied all tatoo parlours in the country and UK with a copy of this tatoo and ask them to contact you if someone comes in with it? Thats the first thing id do

Hope you catch this cúnt mate, I'll keep an eye out for him too

Have you supplied all tatoo parlours in the country and UK with a copy of this tatoo and ask them to contact you if someone comes in with it? Thats the first thing id do
    Hope you catch this cúnt mate, I'll keep an eye out for him too

Thanks kaizersoze.
    At the moment I have joined the main tattoo forums, skin deep, tattoo club of uk, tattoo studio forums and circulated it that way.
    Spitzy

Just a quick update. The Irish media have got wind of the facebook campaign and are running some newspaper articles on the case!! So far the Clare people have done a short piece, the star and the sunday world will be doing something very soon. :D

• Advertisement

Spitzy wrote: »
    Just a quick update. The Irish media have got wind of the facebook campaign and are running some newspaper articles on the case!! So far the Clare people have done a short piece, the star and the sunday world will be doing something very soon. :D

Thats great Spitzy, hopefully this will help ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Great news Spitzy, let's hope this will raise the profile even more, I had no idea until I read this forum, good idea, will spread the word. Thoughts are with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Chitterchatter

I think because it's such a signifcant part of his identity you should send a flyer to each and every tattoo studio in Ireland - it's worth a try! Hope you find him and it brings you and your family a little peace. How sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 marie065

hi spitzy

bump

i just joined this site today and was going to put a post up about this .

two good minds think alike:):)

cheers marie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

So sorry to here about your sister. I can't imagine what it must have been like to lose someone like that. I really hope her killer is found and brought to justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭minime1

I've just come across this thread. :( really awful and sad. Hope it's okay to bump up.

Hope you had some good news from the media bit Spitzy?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

OMG i just read the thread, i knew Emer, she would have been about 27 now, she was in my younger sisters class in primary and secondary school, Spitzy my heart goes out to you yet again, I can't figure out which brother you are from ur post (not that it matters, i lived next door to ye for yrs actually more across the lane way).

I mix in alot of circles and will definately keep my eyes open for a neck tat.

Can you tell us what size it was, might help identify the size of a cover up.

Take care and don't give up hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Damo1174

I dont know if its any good to you, but that tattoo is actually the 'eye of horus'. I have cousins in england who are neighbours with people part of some cult or other that have that symbol tattood on their upper chest/lower neck.

BTW: Im not saying there is any connections between this guy and that group, just that you might get a few artists who have done that tatoo or cover up jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

Man that broke my heart reading that.
    Seriously, this person need's to be found.

I'm shocked at what you said about irish media,
    been afraid to publish a story, incase of being sued.

I realy hope justice gets served.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Websters

Damo1174 wrote: »
    I dont know if its any good to you, but that tattoo is actually the 'eye of horus'. I have cousins in england who are neighbours with people part of some cult or other that have that symbol tattood on their upper chest/lower neck.

BTW: Im not saying there is any connections between this guy and that group, just that you might get a few artists who have done that tatoo or cover up jobs.

is that the "all-seeing eye" thing? I was gonna get it done on my inner bicep,mainly cause Steve Vai uses it.Interesting point though

Advertisement