Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta V

• 01-05-2008 2:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any info on it?

Where will it be based?

Any release dates?

Anywhre taking pre-orders?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I bet he hasn't even got IV yet. Close this Thread please mod, for stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Whatever about the First two questions (even if the Dust hasnt even begun to settle on GTA IV but the last two made me laugh/

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I hope they start churning them out annually now that the engine is in place.

I think Vice City came out a year after III but there was a wait of 2 years then for SA.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Where will it be based?

Any release dates?

You play a limerick scumbag who just arrived full of hope in dublin, only to have his dreams shattered by his cousin, Johnno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

You play a limerick scumbag who just arrived full of hope in dublin, only to have his dreams shattered by his cousin, Johnno.

ahahhahahahahaha :pac:

EDIT: hahahahahahaahahahahah OMFG

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭W1llz0rz

What a deadly idea. They should really do that. It just makes so much sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Where will it be based?

Any release dates?

Mate of mine is an insider for Rockstar, who gave me the following quote.
    "No release date has been planned but the plot is to take a load of stolen cars and bring them across the border. The plot then changes as you have to avoid being busted by the cops, thrown in jail. If you manage to get thrown in jail, the game then turns into a button masher to make sure your character stays healthy before he dies because of going on a hunger strike."

Sounds like a good plot, but not the most original of ideas to me. ;)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

You play a limerick scumbag who just arrived "with a suitcase full of dope" in Dublin, only to have his "kneecaps" shattered by his "friend", Johnno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Game are taking pre-orders from today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

GTAIV:Limerick would be cracking...... I can just imagine the scenes now wild horses dancing through the barley fields with young JP riding on its back wielding a machete in one hand and an AK47 in the other trying to catch his mortal enemy PJ because he looked sideways at his birds sisters fella in the the local boozer the night before......

on a more serious note I reckon we will get some sort of reincarnation of GTA4 set in another city/era similar to Vice City in about 12 months and maybe another one 12 months after that but it will be a while before we see GTAV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

It's got to be 70's.

So far we've had:
    late 90's (GTA 1)
    60's (GTA London)
    Some time in the future (GTA 2)
    Early 2000's (GTA 3)
    80's (Vice City)
    Early 90's (San Andreas)
    And late 2000's (GTA 4)

Only gap is the 70's.

I think the 30's could be quite cool as well. Gangsters, Prohibition etc. Radio stations would be a bit crap though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

An insider at rockstar said to my friends dog that the game will be based in Ballymun the plot of the game is u start off as a 5 year old nipper trying to grow up in the "town" trying not to turn into a junkie if you get past these tests of daily life at the start u eventually get to sell drung to the local junkies becoming a local cult hero, maybe make enough money to move to finglas and by an old 318 beemmmeerr with a big exaust, uns wont be use that much unless u make it all the way to kingpin and make contacts in Limerick, where everyone calls u Boss, and asking if you would like to buy a carpet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Blisterman wrote: »
    It's got to be 70's.

So far we've had:
    late 90's (GTA 1)
    60's (GTA London)
    Some time in the future (GTA 2)
    Early 2000's (GTA 3)
    80's (Vice City)
    Early 90's (San Andreas)
    And late 2000's (GTA 4)

Only gap is the 70's.

I think the 30's could be quite cool as well. Gangsters, Prohibition etc. Radio stations would be a bit crap though.

30's radio could be great - they could do radio stories! with multiple episodes so that it takes a lot of game time for it to play out! Could do something a bit different like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Blisterman wrote: »

Aren't they working on LA Noir at the moment? Its set in the 40's in L A. I think ist sort of a crime / detective thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Where will it be based?

Any release dates?

Doubt its even in the pipeline with EA sniffin' around looking to buy R* out. "lets make a top notch game and quadruple the value of the company, sell out and sniff cocaine off the belly's of prostitues for the rest of our lives".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Is GTA not a bit tame for an accurate portrayal of life on the streets of Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

It's gonna be set in Ardee. Oh yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Play.com are taking non refundable deposits for GTA V now - you will still get it a week after everyone else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭penguinpoppers

Where will it be based?

Any release dates?

Youre either joking or an idiot....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Gegerty wrote: »
    Doubt its even in the pipeline with EA sniffin' around looking to buy R* out. "lets make a top notch game and quadruple the value of the company, sell out and sniff cocaine off the belly's of prostitues for the rest of our lives".

* Ass Crack

I heard this is the plan from my dog who walks with the dog of a fella whos sisters boyfriend is working in the Janitorial department of R*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Lads, if you want GTA in the 30's just buy Mafia 2 when it comes out. The original was a classic and the sequel will be even classicaler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭event

jayteecork wrote: »
    I hope they start churning them out annually now that the engine is in place.

i hope you're joking

that would be awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Why?

Was Vice City (released one year to the day, nearly, after GTA3), a disappointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

This thread should be locked and the key thrown away!!! Stop looking to the future!! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement