Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon HD4870 Benchmark

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

that just ate the 9800gx2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Seems insane, wonder if it's definitely true?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Wow I really find this hard to beleive considering how far AMD/ATI have been lagging behind over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

cant check it in work, does it say anything about power? i assume it need more than just a 6 pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Isnt a HD4870 a single card?

Find it very hard to believe that it could beat a 9800gx2 quite easily, Crysis would run like butter on a HD4870X2 if these charts are true :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

uglyjohn wrote: »
    cant check it in work, does it say anything about power? i assume it need more than just a 6 pin.
    This site (http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=564&card2=564) says 150W.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

As soon as the AA goes on then we will see the framerate shoot down. Can't wait to see more DX 10.1 games though, AA seems to be better with ATI cards on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

its basically been called a fake , untill toms ACTUALLY does a review of it i'd take everything seen with a pinch of salt.
    this card is ment to be an animal , but i would be suprised if it does THAT well

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

papu wrote: »
    its basically been called a fake , untill toms ACTUALLY does a review of it i'd take everything seen with a pinch of salt.
    this card is ment to be an animal , but i would be suprised if it does THAT well

Yeah, almost definitely grossly exaggerated. I mean there hasn't been a single sign that AMD were releasing a G92 killer any time soon.. But it would be nice if there was some healthy competition between this and GT200.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

it wouldn't surprise me though, gfx power is due a big jump it's 18months plus since the 8800gtx so we're well into moores law territory now. This softly softly one card just a bit better than the last every six weeks stuff is getting annoying.

• Advertisement

Well more benchmarks are out now, not surprisingly they do not correlate with these earlier reports at all...

Well more benchmarks are out now, not surprisingly they do not correlate with these earlier reports at all...

and i just saw a pig flyby it was great... seriously your gonna need evidence to back that up ya know , i haven't seen anything in the form of proper benchmarks yet...:rolleyes:

I can't remember where I saw it, think Guru 3d, basically said that 4870 was 1.25x the speed of 9800GTX. I wasn't so much implying that it was valid as I was showing the dumbness of all these mysterious, unfounded 'benches'...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

When the official release date for the 4870?

I can't remember where I saw it, think Guru 3d, basically said that 4870 was 1.25x the speed of 9800GTX. I wasn't so much implying that it was valid as I was showing the dumbness of all these mysterious, unfounded 'benches'...:D

i dont really understand, you say
    Well more benchmarks are out now
    then
    I wasn't so much implying that it was valid

:confused::confused:
    i still havent seen a proper report on these cards
    Radeon HD 4850 will be released on June 18th, 229$.

Radeon HD 4870 will be released on June 25th, for the GDDR5 supply problem, it will come into the market in July, at 349$.

Radeon HD 4870 X2 possible in September and the price will be 529-549$.

dunno if this is true or not

I was saying 'well more benchmarks out now, surprisingly they don't correlate with the last ones' in a sarcastic tone, if you'd like it really should read as:

Well, more magical benchmarks out this time, how surprising that they're totally different then the last ones. ;)

The only ones I've seen are foreign sites who apparently got their hands on an early card...or something along those lines

for example:

http://www.bilgiustam.com/512mb-ati-hd-4870rv770-1gb-geforce-9800-gx2-crysis-ve-3dmark-2006-testleri/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

What about antialiasing etc with those benchies. Be great if it's true as it can only be good for the consumer if ATi can produce a good card. Howvere ...wait and see what Nvidia have in store for us;):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

Sqaull20 wrote: »

That seems pretty spot on, the RV770 was never supposed to be a monster card, if the 4850 is 10% faster than a 9800GTX and costs $219 or so as rumored then it will be a good bang for buck card

Advertisement