Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Current Weather Conditions-May 2008

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Report for Thursday May 22nd:

High 14.6c at 1758hrs
    Low 9.7c at 2252hrs (Last night was 10.4c)
    Rainfall: 6.8mm
    Weather: Cloudy with mist this morning, heavier rain as front cleared. Heavy showers early afternoon. Fine evening, becoming overcast once again. Breezy.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Only 1.2mm of rain here yestaerday! I would like some prorper rain (just for a day!). Only 12.0mm here so far this month.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Only 1.2mm of rain here yestaerday! I would like some prorper rain (just for a day!). Only 12.0mm here so far this month.
    We had a very wet day here yesterday.
    The pc was off as was WD for all of the day as I was well away from the pc and then I went to sprinsteen.
    I noticed that it was lashing rain here (as it had been all day) and for a good bit up the N11 but when we reached south Dublin it was practically dry.
    The total for the month has gone up to 31mm here as a result of yesterdays rain.

Total rain recorded here yesterday was 10.9mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Only 4.0mm rain here yesterday, max temp was 11.8 and min 10.3°C, all in all a rather cool dull damp day.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Half decent - mild, not too windy. Bright but no actual right now.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Suns out, breezy but temperature up to 15.2°C, feels lovely compared to the last few days.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Nice at times today and hit a max of 17.2c around lunch.
    Currently 15.2c
    69% RH
    1012.2mb

Its clouded in again but it was a lovely afternoon, some heat in the air again.

Mike.

moderate rain shower now.
    Very dull as it approached.
    high was 17.1c
    Gone a bit breezy with this shower.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

moderate rain shower now.
    QUOTE]

Ditto here

Downpour.
    Rain rate 25.7mm/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Decent enough day after a dull start with plenty of low cloud around the mountains.

High of 18.3C with a light easterly breeze most of the day, now 12.9C, RH 73%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

A misty morning with a slight hazy look and a few mid level dapples. Light breeze. No rain recorded at all here yesterday as the showers remained to my near south (again):mad:

9.7c
    83% rh
    1015.4 mb rising.

0.6mm of rain overnight.

Some moderate rain showers early this morning-1mm total

Terrible forecast from the Eagle on RTE last night.
    It was far from dry overnight here in the East and of course the MET changed their forecast completely this morning regarding today sunday monday and tuesday aswell.

Desperate bad to be honest.What use is forecasting if you keep changing it?

Weather its dynamic!

Its a fine late spring morning here - warm, sunny, some wind which is drying the kitchen floor.

Mike.

Sure is dynamic :( Clouded over wind getting up and rain on the way.

edit more dynamism - cleared up.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭arctictree

Nice evening here but very windy.

Now why can't we get these charts in January : http://www.met.ie/forecasts/atlantic-charts.asp

??

A

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nice sunny day today but that wind/breeze was bitterly cold:(

• Advertisement

Sunny and windy but with the advancing frontal cloud now covering most of the sky to the south and south east.
    12c

Windy, sunny and mild but mainly windy.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Hazy sky, damn stiff breeze around 10-15mph with gusting up to 25mph. Good sunshine despite the haze, high cloud. Temperatures around 14c.

Persistent rain not a million miles from the SE coastline.
    Not moving too quick though but might reach sometime mid afternoon?

uuuuugh!
    I don't like the look of that last one,it would put the precip now about 40 miles offshore from here.
    It's very windy here-small tree swaying stuff from the NE-my aws is very sheltered from that direction-it's getting gusts of 30mph-I'd say nearer to 40mph gusts at times from that direction at ground level right now.

The milky sunshine continues here-you'd harly know what was off shore!

Decisions decisions!

I'd imagine you are right snowbie-that stuff looks like it will be here by mid afternoon.
    We'll keep watching though if you could post up another few zooms in say an hour or so-thanks.

14.5c here currently with a drying RH of 71%

Still sunny here but I can see the bank line of the advancing front as I look ESE over Arklow bay.
    The pivot seems to be slightly in my favour as regards delaying the rain looking at the UKMO in the sense that the rain line is more advanced into south wexford than it is into here.
    Theres only an hour or two in the difference I'd say though

Still no signs of it closing quick and the heavier stuff is still way offshore.
    A tough one to call BB when it will be onshore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Warm but breezy. Currently 19.9c after touching on 20.4c earlier. Thickening cirrus.

52% rh
    1018.5 mb falling slowly.

Rain has set in here since 4pm

• Advertisement

Yep its arrived earlier than I hoped.

Mike.

Advertisement