Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Current Weather Conditions-May 2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Raining hard.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Bone dry and very windy all day. No measurable rainfall.
    Cloud has thickened from the south.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Repeat performance of yesterday looks on, could be some large totals in Wexford and Waterford I would think.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Jebus its tipping down and blowing a gale with it. :(

Mike.

Supercell wrote: »
    Repeat performance of yesterday looks on, could be some large totals in Wexford and Waterford I would think.
    And wicklow...I'm in wicklow and it's been lashing for the last 90 mins or so in a near gale.I'm drenched!

Same problem with the recording on the Davis bucket I think.
    Theres no way that rain out there is only 5.1mm/hr.
    If paddy was crossing the tesco carpark like i was in last nights rain,he'd be agree'ing with me that it was more than 3.3mm/hr...

As I type,just like last night,the rain is loudly crashing against the window here.
    Some fantastic angry clouds racing across the sky in the turbulence.
    I can also see lugnaquilla in a yellow haze to the north which is unusual in heavy rain.
    I'd imagine it hasn't extended northwest enough to cover the mountain yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭arctictree

Still bone dry here. Very windy, 11.9c

A

Light drizzle here currently. I'm guessing 2-3mm rain here before it passes tonight.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Raining here now, big heavy drops. I think I'm right at the northern end of it.

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

25 degrees in here ... well I'm in the holidays :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Amazing luminous orange sky here just ahead of the rain.

• Advertisement

Only light drizzle here now, not much from the front just 1.8mm measured.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Amazing luminous orange sky here just ahead of the rain.
    Spectacular aint it, have a few pics of it will upload in awhile.

Dry and orangy atm:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Snowbie wrote: »
    Spectacular aint it, have a few pics of it will upload in awhile.

Dry and orangy atm:eek:

Took a few pics too, it's like everything's been Tangoed! :D

Temp now 12.3 in a NE breeze gusting to 50 km/h. RH 65%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Beautiful sunset here. The sun was illuminating the underneath of the clouds. Rainfall aproaching from the NE gave a spectacular rainbow against an orange-voilet-grey sky.

Damn windy though and a few drops of rain now. Temperatures 10.1c currently. and 0.2mm rainfall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Yup, very dramatic sunset this evening. Looked like everything had been stuck through an orange filter.

Cloud rolling in now, wind picking up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Took a few pics too, ran up the road to get some of it as the sky was changing so fast! Will upload them later :)
    Still feels muggy and moist in the air out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Chuckin it down in Stillorgan.

Sunset this evening was mad, never seen one quite like it before, very doomsday looking.

Total recorded was 5.8mm
    Stopped raining a good while ago
    Very windy throughout.

no sunset here as we were under the rain band.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Confab wrote: »
    Yup, very dramatic sunset this evening. Looked like everything had been stuck through an orange filter.

Cloud rolling in now, wind picking up.

yeah, that freaked me out a little when i was out smoking a doob but it was a very nice effect.

• Advertisement

Hey Mordeth sit really close to the screen and drag deeply for this

our_manifestation_pt2_by_Altogether_Aido.jpg

As nicked from
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055301388

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Amazing sunset alright. Extremely windy again now (lost a tree in the garden this morning) and rain is arriving.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today was ridiciously windy,our garden furnature (chairs) tumbled and moved about 10 feet in the wind earlier, very cold wind chill earlier but anywhere shaded from the east wind felt warm in what was a fairly sunny day. Cloudy now and rain has arrived.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

3.9mm of rain overnight here. Winds seem to have abatted somewhat. Looks like lots more rain out there but hard to know where - looks very disorganised.

What a crappy day - Windy, wet and cold (8.5c)

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

first heatwave of the season here in Rome, Italy! Temp at 11:00 of 32,5...we should touch 34-35 today! Ah jeez I miss the fresh Dublin bay breeze:mad:

Rubbish so far, drizzle blowing in the breeze.

Mike.

Absolutely bucketing down here. Driving rain. Got soaked bringing the dog for a walk! 8.5c

Heavy drizzle
    5mm of rain
    10.3c
    Wind ENE circa 15mph

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Increasingly cloudy and breezy, but remaining pleasant none-the-less. Temp fliriting with 18c.
    56%rh
    1015.8 mb falling slowly.

Advertisement