Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-May 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Didn't amount to much in the end, if Cape was at least favourable then something more exciting would have take place, however there was slight LI at the coast here.

Some beefy showers exported from Wales posing a threat later to the SE.

Snowbie wrote: »
    Some beefy showers exported from Wales posing a threat later to the SE.
    Raining here now.
    Clouded over from about 8pm or so after an otherwise beautifull day and a foggy start.
    13.1c

Max of 18.7c @1837
    12.9c atm
    1014.7mb

Partly cloudy skies and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

High of 18.4c here this evening. Fine end to the day after a cloudy early afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Very light drizzle here now. 11.5c

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Some very heavy showers of rain here at the moment, almost monsoon like as it is falling straight down. Also feels warm, so maybe some thundery storms later on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Curious weather, its always on the cusp of raining but never quite does. Quite bright too!

Mike.

Very warm temps at 20.6c
    Wind confused between NNE and NW, which is stopping a sea breeze developing.

59% rh
    Dp 12.3c
    Good storm setup atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Feels very warm today. Sunny, very few clouds and about 21 in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Nice day here too since the sun came out, temp up to 20.5C at the moment in a light NE breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Muggy and overcast here. Stunning sunny skies in work today in Loughlinstown, looks sunny to the east too. Damn mountains!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Very warm and sunny here.

Mike.

Heavy shower from 5pm to 6pm with 9.2mm of rain. Rainrate of 59mm/hr at 5.50pm. Max temperature of 19.8c. Humid. No thunder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

A calm, gloomy evening giving a feel of menace and dread. Like something one would see in an old vampire flick.

14.7c
    81%
    1016.9 mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Impressive rise in temperature this morning, from 5C at 5:45 to 17C now at 8:15.

Sunny, a little hazy, flat calm

Its gonna be a stinker today unless showers turn up.

Mike.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

19.3c here alraedy at the moment but very light easterly sea breeze has just kicked in.

21.7c, the rise should stop soon and begin to fall with the seabreeze.

Like a summers day out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Like?
    My outdoor thermometer was showing 38.2C a while ago (direct sunlight, south facing wall), so I moved the sensor in to the shade....now showing 29.5C. Indoor sensor (which is by open window is showing 22.3C. Skies were cloudless an hour ago....starting to see some high level haze now though.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

22.4c.......it is a summers day!.......only very light south-east breeze (4mph)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Peaked at 23.2 here a short while ago with a DP of 12-13.

Maxed @ 24.0 later!

My excitment was premature, the breeze picked up and is pleasantly cooling.

Mike

Currently 20.4 and sunny.
    There a massive cb just to the sw (near Lug i'd guess) of me that has been stationary all morning, its just getting bigger and bigger though, wouldnt be surprised to hear some rumbles from it before the day is out.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

26C, sunny and no clouds in the sky right now after yesterday's flash floods, thunderstorms and lightening. There were also tornadoes (didn't touch ground I don't think) in Springfield, IL and "softball sized hail" a few miles away from where I live in Urbana, IL. :/

Max of 22.7c with wall to wall sunshine here.Wind mostly SSE

20.9c atm

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Sunny all day here too except for 30-40 minutes in the afternoon when some cloud built up SW of here but died away quick enough.

High of 23.3C, now down to 20.1C, RH 48%.

22.6c high today. Mad thunderstorm bringing a peak strike rate of 47 per minute. However NO RAIN! The storm was centred around Rathdowney/Cullohill/Ballacolla.
    High DPs throughout.

Clear and lovely outside, currently 14.9°C.
    The air outside is fantastic, it smells of forest and fields, my nose is in heaven :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Max 20.7C, AWS higher beacuse I need to cut grass around it :eek:

Dawn to Dusk sunshine more than 15hrs. Official figure lower beacuse of morning dew on Campbell Stokes :(
    Need to be up just after 5am to dry it to catch the first rays.

Currently 15.1C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Two in screen thermometers showed a max today of 24.7c, but that is still debatable. Currently 15.6c with a stunning sunset at the mo. An official "thunder day" today. :)

Advertisement