Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-May 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

@Danno.
    Have screenshots of the triangulated lightning from earlier on and in some instances a 1985 type set up was in the making, well not here but the UK. Humid and moist air was advected north from the Bay of Biscay and a squall line developed this morning (7am) over east Wales.

Meanwhile temp is at 19.1c now but a hint of a sea breeze developing now with wind slightly backing into the SE from a SW direction most of the morning.

I see the sea breeze has invaded Bray where trogdor is(15.5c). Atm i have a massive 5c higher here with still a SW land breeze persisting for now.

Clear overhead.
    20.5c and is very warm out.
    UV 5.3
    50% RH
    1015.8mb

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

19.6c here in Limerick
    47% Humidity
    nice and warm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

:)20.0C :)

Need I say more?

Snowbie wrote: »
    I see the sea breeze has invaded Bray where trogdor is(15.5c). Atm i have a massive 5c higher here with still a SW land breeze persisting for now.

Clear overhead.
    UV 5.3
    50% RH
    1015.8mb
    Breeze is actually turning land here now,having been SE off the sea so far.
    17.5c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Clear overhead.
    UV 5.3
    50% RH
    1015.8mb

It be gone now. I'm at 20.7C:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

17.9c here. I think you're getting a fohn effect in and around Dublin, lads.

trogdor wrote: »
    It be gone now. I'm at 20.7C:D
    Welcome to the dizzy heights:D
    Danno wrote: »
    17.9c here. I think you're getting a fohn effect in and around Dublin, lads.
    Nah, You south midland folk keep generating that heat down there and keep sending it this way.:p

20.7c and a SW breeze circa 5mph.
    46% RH

Welcome to the dizzy heights:D

:D21C. Absolutely gorgeous outside!

Official 20.4C max so far.

This is actually the earliest in year to record 20C+, previous was 12th May.

But to put it in perspective, I've recorded 19.6C in March.

REcords back to 1999

• Advertisement

20.8c now with a gust of wind that came outa nowhere (22mph) odd.
    Slight breeze from the SW and then that gust from the SE and now back to SW. Almost as if the seabreeze is tryin to knock on the door here but is losing atm.:D

20.9C now like MM, my highest temp for the first half of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Reached 22.1C around 4pm here, down now to 21.6C in a light SW breeze.

More of this please over the comming months! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Maxed out at 18.8c here today. A bit on the breezy side taking from the enjoyment of it. Hopefully it will be less breezy tomorrow then.

Max of 21.3c
    20.5c atm

Out in Howth and there was still nothing of a seabreeze either.
    Glorious day and very warm.

Mothman wrote: »
    Official 20.4C max so far.

This is actually the earliest in year to record 20C+, previous was 12th May.

But to put it in perspective, I've recorded 19.6C in March.

REcords back to 1999
    On the 9 Weather, they had the official max of 19.9C in the Phoenix park today.
    Was your 20.4C from AWS and not from your screened MM? I was surprised your data was not included.:)

It seems the east of the country fared better in temps today than the rest of the country.
    Unofficially i recorded my highest ever May temp today at 21.3C and out in Howth harbour today i had a 20.7C from the digital thermo at 16z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Something pretty rare happened over Waterford City today - there was not a single cloud not even a stray passing one.

Mike.

On the 9 Weather, they had the official max of 19.9C in the Phoenix park today.
    Was your 20.4C from AWS and not from your screened MM? I was surprised your data was not included.:)

Screen max 20.4C
    AWS 20.7C

The screen is the official figure, and I send this data in at end of month, unless I happen to email it, but really, nice as 20C is, it's not exceptional in May

Finner had 20.2C yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Max of 18.5c today, actually slightly cooler than yesterday's max of 18.9c despite the near constant sunshine. (Yesterday was mostly cloudy!!). Like Danno mentioned, the strong breeze took the enjoyment out of it. In fact, felt positively chilly in the city this afternoon. (not sure what official temp was there, but car temp reading 21-23c, I.e wrong!!

We need an easterly/south easterly here, south westerlies are ****e.:)
    Current readings:

7.9c
    87%rh
    1023.0 mb rising.

See breeze has already kicked in.

Clear 14.4C having been 14.8C a few minutes a go.

A cool night with slight grass frost.

Min below 5C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Much cloudier but still sunny warm and bright.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Had a few minutes of thick fog there. Didn't last long though. Sunny again now. Temp 11.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Another beautiful day, odd having a barbeque yesterday evening when plenty of trees are still bare! Currently 15.4c under a clear blue sky

trogdor wrote: »
    Had a few minutes of thick fog there. Didn't last long though. Sunny again now. Temp 11.1C
    That seems to be hugging the coast here too.
    We're 2 miles from the sea and it's so far got about one mile inland.
    Here blue skies-there-thick fog.
    It's never good to have it nearby even if it's blue skies over head because it depresses adjacent temperature for a mile or two west of it aswell given that the airflow has to be going through it and it doesn't have enough time in the mile or two to warm up yet.

Currently though sunny,it's a comparative to elsewhere shivering 11.4c here.
    Yet again it's not going to rise too much today with those nearby fog banks and a sea breeze.
    Thats 10mph so sadly thats likely to send a misty version of that fog here on and off during the day aswell.
    Bah humbug!

Screen max 20.4C
    AWS 20.7C

The screen is the official figure, and I send this data in at end of month, unless I happen to email it, but really, nice as 20C is, it's not exceptional in May

Finner had 20.2C yesterday
    Now that you have broadband MM,You should be emailing those temps in when they are likely to appear on the nine o clock news.
    Some noteriety for the area :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

18.2c now:), warm and sunny. Thick cirrus sheet to the west.

65% rh
    1024.2 mb

I thought MM you e-mailed off every morning after 9am?
    Maybe if Gerry is doin the weather again today he could include the warmest location yesterday in the East of 20.4C from Ashford instead of a 19.9C from Phoenix park.;)
    Finner had 20.2C yesterday(Saturday)
    He mentioned a 20.4C in Roscommon as the highest temp that day too.Another volunteer observer?

As a couple of you have witnessed a fog bank this morning, it has just turned up here now.
    Max so far today of 15.7c @1047
    Has fallen back to 13.8c and is brrrrr compared to yesterday.
    1025.9mb
    75% RH
    Wind seabreeze SE circa 10mph

Edit 13.4c :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Absolutely stunning cloudless day here but a bit cooler than yesterday with that easterly breeze (you can actaully smell the sea air).

Was going to head off to Bray or Greystones for a stroll - but looks/sounds like could be foggy! Any updates from coastal boardsies?

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Absolutely stunning cloudless day here but a bit cooler than yesterday with that easterly breeze (you can actaully smell the sea air).

Was going to head off to Bray or Greystones for a stroll - but looks/sounds like could be foggy! Any updates from coastal boardsies?
    That cloud bank is going to move onshore from time to time along the south and east coasts

http://www.sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=gb&sat=vis

DOCARCH wrote: »

Fog is likely!

I was up in Rounwood earlier and coming home, I could see the fog offshore.
    It is now in Wicklow Town and I can see it inland north of me in Newcastle or Kilcoole.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Fog is likely!
    QUOTE]

Yeah - looks like it looking at the sat pictures - may take a look anyway (like going to look at a car crash!!!!).

Advertisement