Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-May 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Some sea mist has just raced in here, not much effect on the sun at this stage, but looks like it will in a short time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Clouded in :( Still bright as its high and thinish but temp has suffered.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Absolutely stunning cloudless day here but a bit cooler than yesterday with that easterly breeze (you can actaully smell the sea air).

Was going to head off to Bray or Greystones for a stroll - but looks/sounds like could be foggy! Any updates from coastal boardsies?

None here apart from the brief invasion around 11. Can still see it out to sea though. Temp is hovering around 12C so its a bit nippy. Oh, and I reached 21.6C yesterday, was nice while it lasted:)
    EDIT: looking at the sat, the bank appears to be dissipating atm
    EDIT2: The fog's just rolled onto the golf course just to my North and seems to be approaching. Temp has just dropped sharply to 11.1C as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Howth - cloudless. Bank of fog from Nose of Howth to Portmarnock, covering Ireland's Eye. The fog was pushing onto Howth Hill earlier but has receded in last hour. Pushing to 24C in the sheltered sun trap in the garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

19.3c:)

Bit of a breeze picking up out there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lovely day here - hardly a cloud in the sky. 18.5c ATM

Have to stay inside now, too much sun!!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

:):)Just got 21.0c !!!
    on my Oregon. Didnt last long though. back hovering around 20.5 area.

EDIT - 3:17pm - 21.4c... Hardly a cloud in the sky above my area
    EDIT - 3:25pm - 21.6c

The fog is staying out off the coast here for now but as I said earlier,once it's nearby even if you are sunny,you'll have a depressed temp as the airflow even if it's a tiny airflow and not even a breeze will be sourced through it.

It wouldn't affect artictree or supercell though.Sea fog doesn't do height or more thsn 3 or 4 miles inland :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The cloud now all evaportated. Summer again.

Mike.

A bit misty here. hovering around 11C. Currently 10.4C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Totally enveloped by fog, Temp falling, below 11C.

Visiblility 300m, totally clear a mile away!

9.9C. Very dense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Just the odd cloud off to the west but apart from that totally clear here! Temp up to 22.8C earlier beating yesterdays 22.1C!

Currently at 22.4C with the a very slight breeze.

Reached 20.2c here about 30 mins ago:), down to 18.9c now. Wind flow still from an Atlantic quarter though..:( Breezy with a slight increase in cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

The seafog (or advection fog) bank offshore has stayed put there but you can clearly see it racing in over the the south of the county. Great view from Howth summit looking south and east at it. Now and again it pushed up the hill and receded again.

A big range of temp Howth hill down to the bay was at between 11.8c and 12.4c
    The far side of Howth(graveyard side to Sutton) had temp up to 14.8c to 15.5c shelterd from the breeze and fog.

12.8c and lovely clear blue all day.
    Coolish.

The fog is staying out off the coast here for now but as I said earlier,.

It wouldn't affect artictree or supercell though.Sea fog doesn't do height or more thsn 3 or 4 miles inland :)

So what do you think my chances are BB of grabbing some of this fog..?:D

Don't mind fog personally, gives an nice atmosphere of weirdness and sombreness.

9.9C, not as dense as earlier and milky sunshine trying to break through

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Went off to Greystones around lunchtime (didn't even bother stopping off in Bray as traffic on M50/M11 was nuts [why was everybody trying to go to Bray] and I could see the sea fog rolling in under Bray Head) - sea front in Greystones was shrouded in thick fog and temp. was around 11c (on car thermo) - still there were people swimming in the sea (mental!). Came back to Bray - again thick fog on the highest part of the road between Greystones and Bray - went for walk around Kilruddery House in Bray - lovely, wall to wall sunshine and blue skies if a bit chilly (around 13/14c), and on the way home, thick fog again on the M11 for a couple of hundred metres. Came back to sunny and warm Rathfarnham (18.6c) and have had 3/4 of a bottle of wine in the back garden - thus the long winded post about my bank holiday afternoon - nice!

As mothman knows where I live (:D) he'll know the topography.
    Tesco in Arklow and all down that road was the inland limit of the fog a little while ago down this way..about a 3/4 mile inland from the coast.
    Meanwhile,clear blue skies all the way here.

Deceptive though as it's now only 10c.Tiz so hard to believe given the continous sunshine.
    you can tell that light air from the NE is blowing in from the cold damp Irish sea fog less than a mile away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Glorious weather here.
    Went for a spin in the bike., weird to see people sunning themselves on the grass in Laragh :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Sun has won out finally.
    Not making much difference on temperature.

11C

Still quite foggy here, 9.4C. Its not very high off the ground. I can just about see the blue sky through the top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Currently 17.1c. The highest today was 18.3c - a half degree cooler than yesterdays max of 18.8c. Low of 6.3c overnight. Sunny all the way here today. Hardly a cloud in the sky. Less breezy than yesterday.

Remained fog free here today but now and again the foghorn on Howth head can be clearly heard.

11.2c and a nice evening but a tad chilly with that seabreeze.
    What a difference a day makes or wind direction even.

Finner topped 20C and Claremorris, Mullingar and Birr in the 19s

Currently 10c here with stratus layer above.

Got that stratus layer here too.
    12.5hrs in total of sunshine
    Max 15.7c
    Currently 9.9c

Snowbie wrote: »
    12.5hrs in total of sunshine
    11.6 hours here.

14 hours was surely topped across much of country.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I imagine it was unbroken sunshine here all day too, though can see stratus to the south now, should burn off pretty fast tomorrow hopefully.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Light drizzle

Advertisement