Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-May 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Mothman wrote: »
    Light drizzle

That's my dish tomorrow apparrently..:cool: Dry & clear, with a falling temp, currently 11.3c. 2 more days of this would be nice to heat up the earth, but no more, don't mind warm, but too much glaring sunshine I can't do. It was in its rawest form today, glare without moderation.

Got a nice pink tan though..

72% rh
    1023.8 mb steady to rising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Summer again.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lovely day here again. After a cloudy and misty start, its now clear blue skies. I think my station is reading too high as it is in the sun. Mercury thermo reading 16c. Time to bring the dog for a walk....!

A

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Stunning day again here current temp. 18.4c. Easterly breeze not as cold today and no sign of fog on the Irish Sea (at least from the sat pictures).

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Stunning day again here current temp. 18.4c. Easterly breeze not as cold today and no sign of fog on the Irish Sea (at least from the sat pictures).

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/images/ukvis_sat_200805061100.jpg

Voila!

15c here and a sea breeze already.
    Be lucky to see 17c here I'd say despite the brilliant sunshine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Not a full blown sea breeze, more SE - SSE and there is actually quite a bit of distance to sea (Wicklow Head etc.)

17.5C and edging upwards.

Overnight min 6.0C

21.5c:) More hazy than yesterday which is deadly. Very breezy with the odd sucking everything out the house gust. Slight convection which I think would have potential but for the increasing breeze.

58% rh
    1019.8 mb falling slowly.

Reached 22.3c at 3.43pm, and only stayed that high for 4 mins. Temp reached over 22.0c at 3.15pm, so the over 22.0c thing only lasted 37 mins overall. Back down again to 21.7c. (I know, I'm a nerd..:))

Still slightly convective with increasing cloud. Very stiff wind still, blowing dust and eddies around the place and taking the heat out of the sun to an extent.

56%rh
    1018.9c falling slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Reached 23.9C here back around 4pm. Now down to 23.1C in a light SW breeze, RH at 41%.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

@Docarch, seafog will not show up on IR sat pics. Only mid and high level cloud and convective will it show both day and night.
    Try using the visible sat image to see any fog or any other clouds during daylit hours.

http://www.sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=gb

Max temp here was 19.3c
    Currently 17.2c
    Slight easterly sea breeze and hazy out to sea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snowbie wrote: »
    @Docarch, seafog will not show up on IR sat pics. Only mid and high level cloud and convective will it show both day and night.
    Try using the visible sat image to see any fog or any other clouds during daylit hours.

I was :)

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I was :)
    Ah nice one mate :)

Temp has climbed as wind has slackened.
    17.9c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Got a high of 20.4c today. Alot more haze too. Lighter breezes which allowed the temparatures up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Warmest day of the year so far for me - 19.6°C
    Still 17.3°C and lovely and sunny.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Wind blowing from a southerly direction shutting off the sea air.
    Temp now at 18.4c

Haze developed in late afternoon, some light fluffy clouds now appearing. Should vanish in the next 2 hours.

Mike.

18.6C max, but it was a very hot oppressive 18.6C.

Now below 10c

Around country
    Claremorris 22.3C
    Shannon, Birr, Mullingar, Finner, Knock, Belmullet all into the 21s

18.6C max, but it was a very hot oppressive

Sighs. ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Is the fog back on the east coast again?
    It feels really humid here, outside temp has fallen around 10 degrees but dew point only by about 3.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see some shallow fog in the morning around here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Got warm quickly this morning. 16.8C now, but slight sea breeze just atarting.

Clear, but slightly hazy

• Advertisement

Sunny and warm but with a light haze.

Mike.

A lovely day with strange looking cirrus, kind of rounded clumps or something. Haze seems to have eased slightly, but stll enough to soften the skyscape. :)

19.9c
    63% rh
    1017.7 mb falling slowly.

Edit, just gone up to 20.1c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Stupid question but does the wind effect the temperature readings? It was quite chilly in my garden on Monday because of the cold breeze but once I moved somewhere that blocked the wind it felt much hotter than the 16 celsius readings on the radio.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Stupid question but does the wind effect the temperature readings? It was quite chilly in my garden on Monday because of the cold breeze but once I moved somewhere that blocked the wind it felt much hotter than the 16 celsius readings on the radio.

Certainly does near coast. The sea is cold and the air above it similar 10-12C and near east and south coast this air was being blown in. If you shelter from that air then it is warm if not hot.

Meanwhile almost whole country away from east and south is 21/22C and even here its 19C
    Hazy sunshine

Warmest day of this spell here today (and of the year so far, obvioulsy) currently 22.0c

Certainly does near coast. The sea is cold and the air above it similar 10-12C and near east and south coast this air was being blown in. If you shelter from that air then it is warm if not hot.

Meanwhile almost whole country away from east and south is 21/22C and even here its 19C
    Hazy sunshine
    I've reached the dizzy heights of 17.3c in the sea breeze.

As is the norm,that will rise a bit probably after 5 or 6pm for a very short while as the sea breeze dies.
    Thats a regular occurance in coastal areas.

Some pretty impressive CB's beginning to develop to the east and north of me at the moment, really explosive development in the last 15 mins or so. Looks like there could be some heavy showers to the north and north east of me in the next hour of so..

Currently 23.9c
    54% rh
    1015.6 mb falling slowly.

Some pretty impressive CB's beginning to develop to the east and north of me at the moment, really explosive development in the last 15 mins or so. Looks like there could be some heavy showers to the north and north east of me in the next hour of so..

Currently 23.9c
    54% rh
    1015.6 mb falling slowly.
    I really like to see your dewpoints or have you the ability to display such? :)

Our old friend dewpoint is important for snow but is a vital ingredient for thunderstorm development.Above a Dp of 13C is needed while with proper convection over a warm land.Your displaying an air temp of 23.9c with RH 54%, ill guestimate a Dp over your area of 12c.

Have the ability Snowbie,:) currently 13.5c (d.p). Don't think there will be thunder, at least here, although some big cb's still around, now to the west, decaying further east. To much of a strong southerly stream, I.E, from the bay:(. Home grown thunder is more likely here when there is a deep rooted south easterly (something which the current set up is not), easterly or north easterly.

22.3c currently.

1014.9 mb.

Taken at 6.15pm looking east:

DSC00301.jpg

That's an example Snowbie, they are running to fast to the north for sufficent development to take place. In fact, it is notably breezy now..:(

• Advertisement

Wall to wall sun, the haze never developed properly and no clouds to be seen.

Anyone else bored yet? :pac:

Mike.

Advertisement