Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Vectra 1.6 Petrol

Options
  • 01-05-2008 8:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

I was wondering if you could help me, I have an opel vectra 2005 engine size 1.6 l petrol, i went to get oil last nite in Halfords but the guy said to me that the oil that i need is 25 euro for 1L does anyone else use something cheaper as i will not spend 70 euro or so for 5L of oil. Can anyone please help me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

What Oil was he saying to put in!?

Their price for Castrol Edge Sport (Castrol RS rebranded) 10W60 was 60 euro for 4 litres. That's an oil for competition engines!

I'd say that it was 25euro for the gallon, as that's more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Did you check the flip book they have at the Oils for yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Thats a Z16XEP engine so you will need 5W30 for it. Call halfords and ask for a price on 5 liters and call a motor factors for a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You will get 1 gallon of 5w30 for 25 -30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Jaysus lads, when was the last time yez saw a gallon of oil for sale? Get with the program ffs - what yez mean is 4.54 litres. :D

OP: check your owner's handbook, or the 'flip book' in Halfords, to see what specification of oil you need. You don't have to buy a particular brand, just make sure the SAE rating is the same. Also, the oil should be API SL rating.

OP, if you are just topping up, Tesco have three different 2 litre bottles of oil:

Mineral oil €6.99, Semi-synthetic €7.99, Synthetic €8.99. I didn't look too closely at them, so if you are thinking of buying there, look at the SAE and API ratings to see they suit your car.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

Thanks a mill for all the help I went to halford in Blanch last nite with the flip book and showed it to the guy and he still said oh its the expensive one, so i said whats the nearest one and it was 5w30 and i got that and top up! so lets hope i dont have to buy a new car! thanks a mill again. it was 10.00 for 1 L.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I got 4.5l of good old Duckhams Q 20w/50 for a classic car for €18 last week.

Advertisement