Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superintendent Roche retires

Options
  • 01-05-2008 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi Guys, I read in the local paper that South Kilkenny (Thomastown) Superintendent Aiden Roche is retiring soon. Has anyone an idea who is replacement is? It's always a worry when the super changes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Can I gently ask everyone to bear this thread in mind if responding to this one?
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Who is the current inspector in Thomastown? Always the best place to start when a super retires.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Forgive my ignorance but has an "acting as super" member of a lower rank the same authority to grant or refuse licences ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Only an inspector acting as super can grant or refuse licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Seamus357

I read in this weeks Kilkenny People that Supterindentent Gerry Redmond is replacing Aiden Roche in Thomastown. Apparently he was previously a superintendent in Tipperary town and Templemore. Has anyone here had any experience with him? Is he pro, anti or neutral on firearms?

Seamus

• Advertisement
Advertisement