Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHOTOCHROMIC shades

Options
  • 01-05-2008 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

Do they work ? Anyone has a pair of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

4c68_1.JPG
    I just bought these on eBay ... Comes with photochromic lenses.
    Lens category 1, 2, 3 (17 - 85% light transmission)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Do they work ? Anyone has a pair of them?

Not used cycling specific ones, but I did used to work in Specsavers, so I've a bit of experience with the photochromic lenses. Personally, I find that a lot of the time, the 'lightest' they go is still a little dark for my taste.

Also,when on the bike, I don't find myself wishing I had a lighter graduation in my glasses very often, I more usually wish I had different coloured lenses altogether (yellow instead of grey for example), but everyone is different!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭messed_up

Like the look of those glasses! Do you have a link to the e-bay shop you got them at or where they a one-off auction?

Thanks

Just google BBB Winner Photochromic or search it on eBay. The seller was selling a couple and they're both gone.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I have a pair of oakleys with 'transitions' lenses, they are great for cycling in the woods and running off road, they even give a better/clearer view when it is dull imo.

• Advertisement

I hope they'll avoid flies getting into my eyes during races again :) I paid 72 quid for them including shipping from a eBay Shop. US exchange rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

I find Oakley half-jackets excellent. Lots of different interchangeable lenses available, really comfortable to wear too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

SomeFool wrote: »
    I find Oakley half-jackets excellent. Lots of different interchangeable lenses available, really comfortable to wear too.

was thinking of getting a set of them, did you buy them as part of the oakley half jacket array??

I think they are the best looking oakley glasses that you can wear when you are off the bike compared to say the M frame which really can only be worn on the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Picked up a pair in the States cheapish a couple of years ago and added the lenses bit by bit. The clear ones are great in the winter to keep out the bugs. I also do a lot of rowing and climbing and find them excellent for that too.

Advertisement