Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing dark colours on tattoo

Options
  • 01-05-2008 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi,
    I have a black and red star tattoo. Is it possible to get the covered by lighter colours like yellow or blue? Or can you not recolour dark colours with light?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No, not really. Adding light coloured ink to dark ink just makes it a shade lighter. In order to do this you'd probably have to have multiple sessions of getting white ink tattooed over it in order to lighten it, then the colour put in once it's been lightened enough.
    And it probably wouldn't work very well to be honest...

Would depend on how much the tattoo had faded too of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Another idea would be to get the tattoo removed via lasers which would lighten it a lot but even then its a long shot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

and seriously expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Holiday Sunrise

thanks for the help with this. I reckon i'll be leaving it so. I like it the way it is. Its just an idea I had to help the colours complement another tattoo I wanna get around the same area

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

A couple of sessions with a laser might lighten it up enough for the new colours to take but its kinda un charted territory. I know of a couple conventions in the states had a laser on site for lightening up tattoos before cover ups.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yeah allen falkners results are lookin awesome

Advertisement