Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many fans have you got in your rig ?

Options
  • 01-05-2008 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Well I sold my stacker to my bro and am getting the nvidia branded stacker, I'm just wondering how many 120 fans I should get, I'm tempted to go the whole hog and get 9 but at 15 each thats 140 yoyos which is a lot for fans and then I might just plug them all in once to see / hear what they are like and end up leaving a few unplugged cause of the noise, I've tried one of the NorthQ Silent Tornado 120mm Fans and they are whisper quiet but I'm wondering what 9 would sound like ? so how many have you got in your rig, what brand are they, whats the noise level like ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I have the stacker 831 and it has 4 120mm fans. Rear,top and two 4 in 3 drive bays..

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

How many Superman or Spiderman underpants do you have? Do you wear them over your pyjamas still?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I've got 3x 120mm Yate Loons in a Thermaltake Armour with 2x 90mm Thermaltake fans. Noise level is good cos the Yates are the 70cfm ones on a controller.
    Tuniq tower also has the stock 120mm but its a 9 blade fan, have tried a Yate Loon in it but didn't get the performance of the Tuniq one and resorted back to it. Its because the fan is in the middle of the heatsink and benefits from more blades as opposed to higher cfm. This Tuniq fan is a little noisy when on full 2000rpm, but its mostly ran at 1600rpm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

2x80mm Fan for intake at the front, 1x120mm at the back for outtake. That's it...

You'd want to be careful trying to put that many fans into your case that it's all working together regarding intake/outtake, otherwise you'll end up with potentially worse temps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

One too many, its too bl**ddy noisy!! Any tips on a silent system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

One too many, its too bl**ddy noisy!! Any tips on a silent system?

Volt mod the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

well ordered and went with 9 120 fans, i bought a fan controller too, it's got 4 temperature sensers, anybody got any ideas about where these should be installed, cpu obviously but where else ? maybe the graphics cards but I don't want to go taking off the heat sink, maybe on the hard drives hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Six fans here, 3 medium speed yates on a PA120.3, 2 on an MCR220 and an AcRyan black/UV blue led fan for exhaust. All running at 5v, the exhaust fan is actually disconnected, I just have the leds on it wired up. Quite silent, but I plan on getting an mcubed BigNG fan controller soon for even more silence. Sweet piece of kit that :D

Advertisement