Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you look at the calories on your treats or do you not care

• 01-05-2008 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Do you look at the calories while picking something to buy, have to admit I do, though one of my favourites is chocolate covered raisins and I didn't check it because I thought they are just fruit, probably not fatening at all, well I had a look at the back of the bag the other day and holy **** they are 1000 calories per bag - thats the most I have ever seen for anything, think it was a 200 gramme bag, one bag amounts to half your daily calorie intake, if I was eating a bag a day I'd balloon :eek:

Comments

Chocolate is my treat. I'm not into sweets or crisps.
    I tend to buy smaller portions, so that I don't go ott.
    I have alot of all-nighters in 2008, so I gave it up!
    I think every teenage female had a friend who beat calorie awareness into them, so I would probably be able to make a good guesstimate calorie wise. And so not get caught out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I glance at the fat content.. Dunno why though, it doesn't deter me from buying it :rolleyes: well unless it was ridiculously high, has anyone ever looked at the back of a Bueno??... If you haven't.. Don't!

But your brain is made of fat and if you don't feed it kinder beuno fat supplements you'll become stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

^^ I like it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I never check the calories on the food I eat. I eat a lot of fatty food but I'm pretty healthy so I don't care. I never deny myself the food I like, and calories really don't make a difference to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I check it, but if I've made up my mind that I want it, the calories won't put me off.

It puts me off real food though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No, never.

Life is too short to be reading miniscule print on packets of food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Always!
    Il often look at the nutrional information of almost everything before I buy it,and again after.I dunno why......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Unfortunately yes. :o

Every little helps I guess. I'll put something back if it's ridiculously high in fat/carbs/sat fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,870 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Never ever look and don't plan on ever starting. Why would I? I play football 4 or 5 times a week and am generally very active so it won't do me any harm.

Plus it takes the enjoyment out of it if at the back of your head you're thinking "Hmmm this is bad for me". If you like it, eat it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

I know I don't know why I do it either. I'm fairly active (when work allows it) but....I guess the 'guilty' pleasure makes it all the more sweeter! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Xavi6 wrote: »
    If you like it, eat it.

obesity ftw!!1!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Been at it since I was 10. Just habit. On chocolate I would know the calories anyway, so really I do it to see if the bar is a rip off.

e.g. many bars will try and hide their actual weight, since they are low in weight and are really just overpriced. Think aero, wispa, creme egg, malteasers, flake.

All cost the same as a mars or snickers, but can be almost half the weight.

Instead of admitting they are low weight, they just advertise them as low calorie! dirty snakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

TREATS is on the title ... When i do have a treat it's because it's deserved ... I would look at calorie and carb content but generally tend to take no notice of what it says. I know the 'treat' would be a once off for a day or three and would be well able to judge the calories and /or carb content from years of looking at the numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I do, most of the time...

Skips ~30g Fat/100g...
    but only 3g is saturated and there's only 90 kcal per bag.

Makes me feel better after I finish my third bag :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I buy a bag of Pick N' Mix every day....in huge amounts....I would not care how much calories are on my fizzy rings....they taste great.

Advertisement