Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA 4 asian version

• 01-05-2008 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of imporing the asian version of gta 4 from playasia so have a few questions about that.

Will the asian version play ok on my Irish 360?
    Will the instruction book be in English?
    Will the dialog be in English?
    Would I be stuck with japanese voices or subtitles as I wouldn't like to hear Niko and all the other characters talking in Japanese or be stuck with japanese symbols appearing on the screen?

Would an asian game play ok on tvs over here so would it be compatible with pal 60 and pal 50?

**** it I just found out they don't accept laser/maestro so screw that idea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Ive never bought an asian game but Im pretty sure it wont be in english.
    Seriously how much cheaper is it? Would ya not be better picking up a copy in tesco for 40 eur that you can trade in game or somewhere again if you want to?
    I know that the version of GT5 prolouge that some people got early off jap ps3 store was in japenese.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I would if they had it anywhere.
    I cant find any shops anywhere here that have the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

You could answer these questions by putting them a different way:

If a Japanese guy bought an Irish version of GTA4, would the manual and game be in English? Would the characters speak English? I think they probably would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well, the game was made and is set in an English Speaking country, so it's not quite the same question.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

This should tell you all you need to know:

http://cheap360.com.au/news/?p=4725

Also why are the other folks who've posted already so ignorant? Just do a little bit of searching for the facts or don't post at all. I've imported all my region-free 360 games from play-asia and they're always in English and with English manuals. A few of them have also been in Japanese (as in half the manual is in English, half Japanese) and some of the captions beneath the pictures too but thats only for The Orange Box and Lost Odyssey. Besides it always specifies on play-asia what language the game is in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement