Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Media Sever/PS3 Networking

• 01-05-2008 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi,

Is it possible to link my media server to my PS3 directly using the onboard network card on the Sever with a Cat 5 crossover cable and then link the server to my wireless network for internet access using a wireless USB Adapter or will this cause a conflict?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

If you bridge the ethernet Cat5e LAN card with the USB wireless adapter then yes it's possible to get it to work. You'll need to manually set the IP settings on the PS3 to be able to talk to the media server (I presume it's a PC, right?) I wouldn't imagine your pings for online gaming would be too nice however, but it is possible.

Advertisement