Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Need Help!!!!!!!!!

• 01-05-2008 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I own a us ps3, everything going fine playing irish games until gta iv ....

the ps3 recognises the disc , but the message "this game cannot play at the current video output settings (80028f10)

so i read i needed a hd tv , so last night i plodded upto power city and got one........BUT STILL NO JOY!

can anyone give me some advice on what to do, is the game region locked? or is there anything i can do..

please help....its like getting a toy at xmas with no batteries

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

what cable are you connecting the ps3 to the telly with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The game isnt region locked, it just doesnt contain the SD NTSC video type thats needed to play on an american console in standard defination.

You have basically 2 options
    1. Get a HDTV TV
    2. Buy an american copy of the game (not sure if this works, cant imagine it wouldnt though)

Look here for ideas and suggestions

EDIT: sorry! Didnt read your first post properly

You need to hook up to your new HDTV to the Ps3 using a HDMI cable, once you do that go to display settings in your ps3 menu and set your display to 720p and the game should run. Runs for me on my yankee ps3 anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

usual piece of advice - when turning on console, press and hold power button for 5 seconds until it beeps - resets the video output - try that. If that does not work come back here with details of the tv and connection method?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

You shouldn't need a HDTV to play it. I doubt that's your problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i've no idea about ps3 settings or whatnot, but is it possible to change the settings to the whatever it is you need from the PS3, ie without a disc inserted on startup?

sounds like the console is transmitting video at a lower rate than the game requires?
    if the same problem exists on both your old tv and the new hd tv, its almost certain that the problem exists within the console or cabling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 petes22

i have tried changing the video output settings on th ps3 but the same message keeps appearing.

would my best bet be to order the game from the states ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 petes22

what about a hdmi cable?? would that work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just had a quick look for the 80028f10 on google, and apparently you need a firmware update? does that make any sense? i would have thought that more recent games would have an autopatch or update feature to fix that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

I reckon GTA4 is region locked. You need the US version of the game from videogamesplus.ca as mentioned above.
    The 360 version is region locked as have all Rockstar 360 games so far.

Look at the back of your box is says Region 2 beside Blu-Ray symbol.

This would be a first for PS3 games.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622804

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=1391223

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:I1UX_8Ahs7AJ:www.360indians.com/forums/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D3631+80028f10&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=us&client=firefox-a

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=2276416&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Edit:
    Added URLS, some UK (PAL) games don't work on US PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

Reading more into this, some PAL games wont play in SD resolutions on NTSC PS3. They aren't coded with NTSC 480 lines in mind.

You said you bought new HDTV but are you using the HDMI connection and seperately purchased cable to connect to the new HDTV?

Once you play the game in HD resolutions like 720p, this shouldn't be an issue.
    what about a hdmi cable?? would that work

HDMI cable is a requirement of getting HD resolutions on PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

You can also get HD resolutions with a component cable, but but yes HDMI is your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Uk PAL versions of this game do work on american Ps3, but not on standard definition.

I said in my above post you should use a HDMI cable and change the setting to 720p

EDIT: Or apperently i didnt say... I definitly edited it , sont know where it went!

Advertisement