Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Piping

Options
  • 01-05-2008 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a builder currently on site renovating the house and he is nearly finished. He is about to put in the footpaths around the house. I am getting a new gas fire put into our existing open fire down the line and I was wondering is there any sort of piping I can put down under the new footpath to take the gas pipes to the Gas Cylinders. I cant get a gas fitter for a couple of weeks to look at the job. Just know I will need to run a pipe from the sitting room to through the outside wall and around to the back of the house to where my gas cylinders will be. Any help would be grateful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

1/2" "wicu" otherwise known as coated copper is ideal just make sure you dont kink it!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tdavfc

landydef wrote: »
    1/2" "wicu" otherwise known as coated copper is ideal just make sure you dont kink it!

Thanks a million Landydef....

It would be great to get it down before the footpaths go in. I will make sure the builder doesn't kink it...

Am I right in saying thats the same piping you would use for connecting an Oil tank to a boiler..

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

yeah same stuff, try and get a flat surface, even a plank of wood to roll it out on plus get someone to stand on it as your rolling it out so it wont pop up and kink
    sometimes id put it through a small duct if i think theres and chance of someone putting a shovel through it or if i think the ground might move in the future but its not neccessary

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tdavfc

landydef wrote: »
    yeah same stuff, try and get a flat surface, even a plank of wood to roll it out on plus get someone to stand on it as your rolling it out so it wont pop up and kink
    sometimes id put it through a small duct if i think theres and chance of someone putting a shovel through it or if i think the ground might move in the future but its not neccessary

Thanks a million for the advice

Advertisement