Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks EL football

• 01-05-2008 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Season 2008
    2 May 2008 Bray Wanderers 7:45 Cobh Ramblers Carlisle Grounds
    2 May 2008 Derry City 7:45 Galway United The Brandywell
    2 May 2008 Drogheda United 7:45 Finn Harps United Park
    2 May 2008 UCD 7:45 Bohemians Belfield Bowl
    3 May 2008 Sligo Rovers 8:00 Shamrock Rovers The Showgrounds
    4 May 2008 St Patrick's Athletic 7:00 Cork City Richmond Park TV

Big game for both teams, must win to keep the little gap between us and 2nd.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

KdjaCL wrote: »
    little gap
    Come on Cork :o

Obviously also come on Galway and Harps. Yes, I know this never works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

St Pats by 3 goals:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cork City are without Joe Gamble are and coming off a magnificent 3-0 win in the league cup against Limerick 37 (we are a cup side now that Mathews is boss) will find it hard in Inchicore. That said, I actually expect us to sneak a 0-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

gimmick wrote: »
    Cork City are without Joe Gamble are and coming off a magnificent 3-0 win in the league cup against Limerick 37 (we are a cup side now that Mathews is boss) will find it hard in Inchicore. That said, I actually expect us to sneak a 0-1.

Depending on fitness, you be doing well to score.

Atm

Ryan
    Lynch Paisley Brennan Byrne
    Guy Fahey Dempsey Kirby
    Quigley O Neill

Hopefully The Beast is fit and he slot instead of Brennan.

Dempsey and Fahey are gonna love playing vs Cork if you try play.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Must admit ive not been following the EL much so far this season, but a quick look at the table tells me harp are their usual.
    Inconsistant at home, crap on the road.

Some things never change!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Depending on fitness, you be doing well to score.

Atm

Ryan
    Lynch Paisley Brennan Byrne
    Guy Fahey Dempsey Kirby
    Quigley O Neill

Hopefully The Beast is fit and he slot instead of Brennan.

Dempsey and Fahey are gonna love playing vs Cork if you try play.

kdjac

Who's the beast, Jamie Harris? O' Cearuill? Also, what's going on with Ndo. Everyweek he seems to be nearly back

..................................... if you try play.

That makes me laugh

That makes me laugh

Why?

Dave the beast Partridge, Ndoisdoubtful.

Why Gimmick why so funny? :p

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Big game for Rovers. Awful in Cobh, unlucky against Pats, a trip to Sligs has potential banana skin written all over it. Need to start grinding out results like we did last season.

2 May 2008 Bray Wanderers 7:45 Cobh Ramblers Carlisle Grounds: Draw
    2 May 2008 Derry City 7:45 Galway United The Brandywell : Derry with ease
    2 May 2008 Drogheda United 7:45 Finn Harps United Park: Drogs by 2
    2 May 2008 UCD 7:45 Bohemians Belfield Bowl: Bozos, just
    3 May 2008 Sligo Rovers 8:00 Shamrock Rovers The Showgrounds: Rovers by one.
    4 May 2008 St Patrick's Athletic 7:00 Cork City Richmond Park: Could be a belter. Depends what Cork side show up.

• Advertisement

Dave the beast Partridge, Ndoisdoubtful.

Why Gimmick why so funny? :p

kdjac
    if you try play

Alan Mathews is our manager. We won't try and play. Has a team put out by that clown ever tried to play football against a half decent team? City will try and park the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

City will try and park the bus.
    Matthews a Rangers fan?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

City always try and play.

Should be a good game.

Were you at the Drogs game last week? How about the Derry game a few weeks previous to that, or the Shams game? Its all very well playing a fancy formation against rubbish like UCD, Galway and Harps. A different kettle of fish when playing half decent sides.

But I suppose Everything Is Grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Great win by the Lilywhite last night. Starting to really lay down a marker to the rest of the league as to what will be required to stop them this year.
    Missed the game last night, typical that the first home game i missed and they opened a can of whoopass..
    Cassidy on the scoresheet again, what a fcuking player. He is definately a Premier Div quality player, but we'll happily hold onto him until we get there ourselves. Jamie Duffy has been impressive all season and if it wasn't for Cassidy's outstanding performances and goalscoring i think Duffy would be getting the credit he deserves. Only thing i can say about him is i'd like to see him stay wide at times and try and beat the fullback on the outside rather than cutting in..

Also glad to see John Gill getting some recognition in being selected as an assistant for the Under-23 team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

Pats by two......We havent been playing very well this season (linfield game an exception) by last seasons standards but still top and with a gap.

I fancy us to raise our game against the Langers and win , against big teams (Linfield,Bohs) we performed...Smaller teams we underperformed and still won (Galway , Rovers :D)

Stephen Paisley our best centre half(defender) by a mile this season IMO, which i didnt expect given the signings coming in.

hoppo254 wrote: »
    Pats by two......We havent been playing very well this season (linfield game an exception) by last seasons standards but still top and with a gap.

I fancy us to raise our game against the Langers and win , against big teams (Linfield,Bohs) we performed...Smaller teams we underperformed and still won (Galway , Rovers :D)

Stephen Paisley our best centre half(defender) by a mile this season IMO, which i didnt expect given the signings coming in.

Paisley was a rock against Linfield

hoppo254 wrote: »

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054979463

can wear both jersies here :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The biggest Derby in the Midlands is on tomorrow night ;) A decent beating of Scumlone is in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Not much in the way of goals tonight <YAWN>

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    Not much in the way of goals tonight <YAWN>

depends on how you look at it, if scores stay the same massive weekend for Pats or for cork to get a win.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

depends on how you look at it, if scores stay the same massive weekend for Pats or for cork to get a win.

kdjac

hopefully the latter..

can't make it up tomorrow because of work, but i'll be watching on tv.. i can't watch city on tv though, i get very nervous, twitchy, and frustrated that i cant call the ref a w@nker in the hope that he might hear me when he's down by our end..

ah well..

ps if we don't win, mathews out! :)

Screw that, OUT anyway.

Screw that, OUT anyway.

Shocked you are months ahead of Bohs, but when they catch up they catch up in style :0
    bohsforum wrote:
    What I witnessed tonight was a manager completely out of his depth with no
    ideas or counter measures to UCD's (UC ****ing D :shock:) ****e style of play.
    I've seen nothing to convince me that Fenlon is a good manager capable of
    winning the league and I still remain completely unconvinced.

Fenlon seems to be enjoying an extended honeymoon period for a style of play
    which to my mind is worse than SC implemented. He had better start to pick things
    up pretty ****ing fast. .

I'm ****ing warning you now Fenlon you little ****ing poxbottle, start arguing
    with the fans at your peril.

lol

kdjac

poxbottle.. what a great insult. i have to try and use that more in everyday conversation..

Absolutely. Bohs never fail to amuse me. I would be happy with a quiet exit of Mr Mathews. Certainly would not like go down the nbb route.

Not a bad Bohs performance actually. Our main problem was that Gregg played a blinder as we peppered their box. He always was a good shot stopper.

Fenn was sublime and gave easily the best eL player performance I've seen this year, bar of course Fahey.

Fair dues to UCD. At this stage, I really hate going to Belfield, but for the wrong reasons. On top of that, UCD Bowl is even less atmospheric than the previous venue.

Sligo on the march.

3-2 win against Shamrock Rovers tonight.

Should be a good game at the Cross next week.

Shams had a player sent off and Judas Scored to make it 3-2 , seemingly Judas had a goal disallowed at the death didnt cross the line according to shams mate.

Shams fans booing their team away :confused:

Tis manager out weekend :D to keep the balance Johnny mac In.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

So, do Rovers get to keep the name then?:)
    Johnny mac In.
    lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I think any Rovers fan at the game would be pushed to say we deserved a draw, but how the header from either Price or Maguire could possibly have stayed out is beyond me. Apparently some Sligo fans down that end said it was a foot over the line, but the same problems remain at Rovers.

First goal was a cross-shot, second was a simple long throw that we couldn't deal with:mad: and the third was a one-on-one with I think Maguire AWOL. Could've been four nil just after too.

Long time since I've heard "what a load of rubbish" chants and boos mid-game.

Whats gone wrong for Shams? They looked well solid Vs Drogs on the opening day, and when i saw them in Tolka V City a week later I felt they were a very good side. That said, City have made bad teams look good all season. Is it a real case of 2nd season syndrome?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

3-0 in a very one sided game. That will do.

Whats gone wrong for Shams? They looked well solid Vs Drogs on the opening day, and when i saw them in Tolka V City a week later I felt they were a very good side. That said, City have made bad teams look good all season. Is it a real case of 2nd season syndrome?

Second season of what?

Hard to tell, but a combination of the rock solid defence looking very porus recently and what appears to be a lack of passion/motivation.

Not Scully out yet by a long shot, but things need to dramatically improve. Conceding three goals at Sligo is simply unacceptable.

Shocked you are months ahead of Bohs, but when they catch up they catch up in style :0

lol

kdjac

Remember, Bohs are there to be laughed at! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Pat's V Cork is on Setanta now. Weather is nice and sunny and both teams are looking strong.

Remember, Bohs are there to be laughed at! :D
    Like you did before this season?

Keep it up ONYD: a best boards.ie entertainer award awaits! :D

:(

Free header from a free kick scored by Pat's in the 1st minute.

Shocking.

Rico just shown in the stands. He must be chuckling away to himself.

SectionF wrote: »
    Like you did before this season?

Keep it up ONYD: a best boards.ie entertainer award awaits! :D

As Kdjac says, the circus that surrounds you lot in D7 is much more entertaining than the football.

How long before your fans are outside Nutsy's house Pete Mahon style?

We know our place in the scheme of things and are happy to try and build the club up. You lot actually believe you are the capitals biggest club and somehow deserve success.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Second season of what?

Being back in the premier division.

mathews out

As Kdjac says, the circus that surrounds you lot in D7 is much more entertaining than the football.
    Don't strain your neck looking up :D
    Shouldn't you be focusing on Bray and UCD?

2-0 and down to 10 men :(

2-1, goal for O'Flynn, why he didn't start, I don't know.

2-2

O' Flynn again

Fuck!

3-2, Fahey.

mathews out

city are rudderless, leaderless and absolutely clueless. abysmal defending for all the goals we conceded tonight. looked totally bereft of ideas and creativity.

end of season.

OOOOOOUUUUUUUTTTTT

Great game to watch, dunno what cork fans on about with hoofs they played well from midfield forward, even your keeper took every kickout short, defence kept making stupid unforced errors but georgie was brilliant.

We played well but sat back again and were punished, got away with that a few times this season but Cork got 2 goals that they earned with 10 men Ryan fupping up twice.

lost another defender with Lynch gone off, we have one left from our best back 4 :confused:

Fahey was brilliant again even when getting chopped down, our 2nd goal was excellent build up with an LOL finish.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

League Cup 2nd Round fixtures

Monday May 5th
    Bohemians vs Dundalk - Dalymount Park 7.45pm
    Bray Wanderers vs Shamrock Rovers - Carlisle Grounds 7.45pm
    Derry City vs Finn Harps - The Brandywell 7.45pm
    Shelbourne vs Drogheda United - Tolka Park 4.00pm
    Wexford Youths vs Kerry League - Ferrycarraig Park 6pm

Tuesday May 6th
    Sligo Rovers vs Galway United - The Showgrounds 8.00pm

some decent ties there

i'll go with Bohs, Bray, Derry, Drogs, Yoofs and Galway to progress

and it is almost certain that Drogs are going to have some Max Cream unleashed upon them tomorrow! :cool:

The highs:D and lows of football.:(

Heartbreaking.

Best game of the season so far. Lots of quality on both sides and none of the fear factor thats in most games

• Advertisement
Advertisement