Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ludovico Einaudi

Options
  • 01-05-2008 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Wondering has anyone played any of his pieces and what is the overall opinion of his music ?

Popular pieces would be Le Onde etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I love his music, it's great :) I was talking to someone before about him who did music and he was going on with all this nonsense about it not being technically great in any way. Who cares? It sounds beautiful and albums like Stanze are really relaxing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

+1 for Einaudi! Really like his work when im in a certain mood. Agree with cormie, it doesnt always have to be about what is technically perfect for it to make good music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

I also like his music - I'm currently learning the piano and am at Grade 5, and I find a lot of his pieces playable (which probably confirms that they are not technically too sophisticated, but then a lot of Mozart's piano music is also at Grade 5 standard). Particular favourites from Le onde are Sotto vento and La profondita del buio. Also title track from Una mattina, though I can't play this very well yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Einaudi is currently my sleeping music. Anyone know similar artists I'd like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Try George Winston. Tis the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

I love Einaudi, have done for a while now.
    I play a few of his pieces which goes to show they are simple enough :)

But then, good music isn't about thechnicality is it? Its about the sound. And Ludovico sounds amazing. He plays with an immense passion which is so obvious when you listen to him.

Advertisement