Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfield to Blackrock

Options
  • 01-05-2008 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

how do I get to the shopping centre in blackrock from belfield / montrose hotel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

no 17 bus goes from outside montrose to blackrock, check the timetable, cause it's fairly irregular

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

cool - thanks - how far is it to walk to where the 7 passes the Tara (?) or Towers hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

No.17 sometimes from the main road, other times from the terminal in Belfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Walk to the 7 takes 10-15 minutes, straight down woodbine till you see the sea! It's a better option really, for reliability, it's how i get home from ucd every day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

might try that so - will see if I can catch a 17 early - if not, I'll head down for the 7 - thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

The 4 and 4a also pass that way and go to Blackrock. And the Dart, which is more regular than any of them, but a slightly longer walk and probably not worth it for going one station. I wouldn't bother with the 17 unless you actually see one at the terminus when you want to go, it frequently fails to show up at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Its only a 20 minute walk and considering the 17 is an unreliable piece of crap i would advise you walk

Its only a 20 minute walk and considering the 17 is an unreliable piece of crap i would advise you walk
    It's a bit more than that in fairness, I'd say 30 mins, and I tend to walk pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

It's ~35 - 40 min brisk walk (14 years doing it!).

You're probably better off getting the 46A, D, E, (NOT the 46B) 116, 118, 84, 63, 58C etc outside the Montrose hotel and you might be able to pick up a 17, it'll be about 15 min to walk from the bus stop at the top of Mount Merrion avenue down to the campus.

Edit: sorry, I see you're going to the shopping centre, nevermind.

Sarn wrote: »
    Edit: sorry, I see you're going to the shopping centre, nevermind.
    Mount Merrion Avenue ends at the shopping centre (both of them) so that'll still work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement