Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV and Play.com

• 01-05-2008 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hey has anyone ordered from Play.com and got their game yet? Mine was posted out last Thursday and haven't received it yet:mad: It driving me mental!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Check ur account. Mine was "sent" thursday too, but on monday it changed back to processing. Then it changed to posted again. So they prob sent it monday. Expect it tomorrow or monday. I'm waiting on the special edition. Luckily i picked up another copy tuesday in Harvey Norman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Mine just says "Order Placed" :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

Haven't got mine yet. Said posted Monday, should be in the letterbox today.

Couldn't wait anyway so bought it Tuesday evening.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Special edition was posted Monday and arrived yesterday afternoon by courier. Normally for games/dvd's they just put them in the regular post. I have ordered dvd's that have taken almost a month to arrive =o

Here where do you see whether or not it has posted?. Am I looking in the right place??

• Advertisement

click either 'order history' or 'outstanding orders' in your account menu

Sound now it says "Awaiting Stock". Play is Gay

Fcuk that gonna cancel my order, GTA 5 will be out by the time I get it...

When did you order it? I had mine ordered since the end of last summer or something. Probably put your name in a queue...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I surprised you didnt get done for duty on those play orders.

I heard that An Post were gonna hold them and charge the duty on them for C&E but it never happened. If they ask for it I'll pay it

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Check the threads on bargain alerts about play.

I stopped dealing with them a long time ago.

Why would they charge duty on goods coming from within the EU?.

Order mine on Play about a week ago me thinks, didn't think they would have a waiting list....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Play ship from Jersey

Pacifico wrote: »
    Play ship from Jersey

Ahhhh right I see. Tax evading mofo's....

Cancel my order so...anyone know an Irish Website that will provide it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

SHould've gone to Gamesnash !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 manyoo99

TomCo wrote: »
    I surprised you didnt get done for duty on those play orders.

I've ordered loads of stuff of play and never got caught. i even got the guitar hero 3 off them and never got charged. Maybe i'm just anxious to get GTA and the wait seems forever. The last game I got off play, Dark sector almost took 2 weeks to arrive:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ianbrennan2000

I ordered ps3 special edition GTA4 on monday 28th got it today 1ST may
    Pretty good if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Do yourselves a favour and buy it in the shops in future if you want it that bad. I normally just use play for stuff that can wait! GTA certainly can't wait! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I ordered ps3 special edition GTA4 on monday 28th got it today 1ST may
    Pretty good if you ask me

Did play send by courier? If so which one? I'll have to ring em. The B*st*rds can never find my house and i don't think play put a phone number on it! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Ugh, nothing in the post today. Great. Last time I'm doing this to myself. Next time it's a shop or gamesnash.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 manyoo99

f**k sake no gta in the postbox again. last time i'm ordering from those b*******s!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

manyoo99 wrote: »
    I've ordered loads of stuff of play and never got caught. i even got the guitar hero 3 off them and never got charged. Maybe i'm just anxious to get GTA and the wait seems forever. The last game I got off play, Dark sector almost took 2 weeks to arrive:eek::eek::eek:

I've had play.com orders delayed by a company called Mail Trace for a up to a month before, was pretty annoying seeing as they didn't even bother charging me... they just delayed it:mad:
    manyoo99 wrote: »
    f**k sake no gta in the postbox again. last time i'm ordering from those b*******s!!!
    You can hardly blame play.com for it. They use standard post, so once it gets dispatched the order is out of their hands.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Mine was posted friday week ago and still no sign. Luckily I couldn't wait and went down to Tescos at midnight Monday night and secured my copy. Just going to return the play.com one to tescos when I get it or sell it.

Got my copy from play yesterday. Noticed that they are now posted from budapest and so are exempt from EU scanning. This is good for us because now every postman between jersey and my front door has no idea how much the package is worth as they no longer have to state the value.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

Mine was dispatched on the 28th (apparently) but still hasn't arrived. Really annoying, preordered it months ago. Going to try and get a copy in town and send the other copy back when it finally arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

thats what you get for trying to save like 5e euros ya`s tight wads.

0nly messing- i feel your pain

thats what you get for trying to save like 5e euros ya`s tight wads.

0nly messing- i feel your pain
    well you see I did a bad thing. I pre-ordered on play.com, bought a copy on midnight release in tescos, kept the receipt. Played the tescos copy, received the play copy and returned the play copy to tescos for a full refund.

In all I paid internet price for a high-street midnight release. I'm going to hell. But it was worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Play.com have really gone down hill in the last couple of years. They used to be the best out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

I pre-ordered my copy on Play on 22/4. It was posted on 2/5 but still no sign.

Brian

Advertisement